MyDoom Virus Warning

Important site related news will be posted here. We ask that all members of the Savage-Central.com Community read and follow The Terms of Use.

Moderator: Moderators

zha50
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

MyDoom Virus Warning

Post by zha50 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:07 am

To all people, INSTALL A ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM!!.

Today i recieved 2 email with a MyDoom Virus Attachment,

1. crsmp5@aol.com
Subject: fake

2. savagehpi@aol.com
Subject: Your Order Was Registered

ONCE AGAIN MAKE SURE YOU DO A FULL SYSTEM SCAN EVERY WEEK AND UPDATE YOUR DEFINITIONS.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mbxrb
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by mbxrb » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:41 am

Today I recived an email from oarie and the subject just said TEST?Did anyone else get this test email from oarie too?Just wondering what it was about.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Armgas
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Armgas » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:08 am

I work as an admin for a 300 user network. We get 120-150 virus mails a day these days. The gateway scanner ofcourse blocks them, but I can tell you 99% of all computer vira spoof the sender.
Alloy parts are for show, the stock plastic parts are for go!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

oarie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by oarie » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:28 am

:lol:

I get about two dozen e-mails like this per week from people telling me I have a virus. As armgas stated, these PITA virii going around as of late all spoof the e-mail address. The reason you tend to recognize some of them is because as the virus moves along and infects each computer it finds the address book which contains a complete listing of anyone who ever sent you an e-mail or to whom you've sent one to and it stores that information as it passes through. The next computer it infects it uses that list of e-mail addresses to spoof the "From:" in the e-mail header. Now it does this entire process all over again. Some people here are surely infected but the way these virii work it is impossible to tell who based on who the e-mail "appears" to be from.

If you think your computer may be infected, visit http://housecall.trendmicro.com/. Unless you've got a reputable virus scan installed on your computer that is up to date as of today with its' virus definitions I'd recommend you visit this site for a free virus scan even if you don't think you're infected.
O

[url=http://www.savage-central.com/][img]http://www.savage-central.com/banners/468x60banner.gif[/img][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:23 pm

ive been checking mine ever since that started up... no im not infected.. someone just histed my email addy from here...

actually scott was gettign them 1st.. then i got a reply email one day as not able to be delevered and relizied i got copyed.. it sux.. but thats why i only use PM for members to be safe for now.. i do not open email unless i know who its from..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links