Nitro buggy racing question

Discuss anything R/C related that does not fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderators

badboy
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Nitro buggy racing question

Post by badboy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:27 pm

I was reading about something related to nitro buggy racing and came across a statement that said many tracks require a TRS of some sort. I currently do not have a spring but have read where some people use a rubber band. If any of you race could you tell me what you use and where you hook the other end of your spring or rubber band?
BADBOY- Savage X: Picco .28,

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

I_Like_Nitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by I_Like_Nitro » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:31 am

Assuming a TRS is some form of throttle return device...I stopped using them. I found they didn;t help in fact I had runaways BECAUSE of them ion addition to scoring my carb slide barrel. Doesn't answer your question, as we are not required to have them. I've seen more people have runaways due to thinking another vehicle was theirs than carb being stuck open

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:26 am

I believe, not positive, any ROAR sanctioned event requires a throttle return spring. I bought a pack of 100 of THESE ONES several years ago. still have quite a few. Gave a bunch away. Looks like they aren't nearly as good as they used to be from the reviews. But they work great (or they used to) fuel doesn't seem to affect them. I just wrap them around the carb base and the ball on the slide. They don't have nearly the force of the stock return spring, but they close the carb if the linkage pops or as happened to me, the servo just dies.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

badboy
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by badboy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:08 pm

I found a pack of two dynamite TRS and ordered them. If they don't work on the buggy I can use them on the savage. The springs haven't caused me any problem on the savage but I don't know exactly how they would mount on the buggy. I hope to race in May or June so I'll just bring a pack of rubber bands just in case. The track is two hours away so I just want to have everything covered.
BADBOY- Savage X: Picco .28,

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links