3 needle carb

Discuss anything R/C related that does not fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderators

badboy
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

3 needle carb

Post by badboy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:08 pm

In my buggy I run a Novarossi P5XLT and I am very happy with it. In thinking about my next engine I was wondering if I like the P5 this much the Clio or keep off or whatever might be better. After some research I think the P5 is best for me but I may or may not try a more expensive Novarossi when the time comes.
In my research into the other Nova engines I noticed some of them had a 3 needle carb and was wondering if any of you have run a 3 needle carb?  I am just now to a point where my tuning is somewhat respectable and having to deal with a third needle would be a headache it seems.
I have read where some people recommend epoxy on that middle needle so it doesn't move from factory setting. Others say that middle needle is only for the most experienced tuner (obviously).
Like I said if anyone has used one I just wanted to know what you thought about it.
BADBOY- Savage X: Picco .28,

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:15 pm

The "3rd needle" is really just the seat of the LSN. The original .21 in the Savage had a 3 needle carb. I messed with it a bit, but that was quite a while ago, I don't remember everything I did. Basically it allows you to tune where the LSN begins to open in relation to the slide opening the air flow. That's a very basic description, IMO it's not worth the trouble. I believe after messing with it a while, I just RTVed it at the stock setting.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links