official HELLFIRE discussion in here

Discuss anything R/C related that does not fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderators

tbill
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

official HELLFIRE discussion in here

Post by tbill » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:40 am

since there has been some interest in a hellfire section, i figured we could atleast keep all the hellfire related stuff in one thread, so here we go...

HPI Hellfire News/Infos/Media

Information about the HELLFIRE

Hellfire

hellfire vs inferno st

Somebody hava a video of the Hellfire in action?

HELLFIRE bashing

First comments on Hellfire as an owner

those are links to the topics already floating around, i figure we can just keep one topic going in here from now on so we can find it all 8)
Last edited by tbill on Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
savage #1 lrp z28, savage #2 mach .26, savage #3 wasp .26, savage #4 mach .26, savage X, Hellfire, GS storm,
2 nitro M/T's with a few mods, mini-T, 'magic wheels' Snap-On truck, xmod evo [firebird], LST2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ATXCHRIS1234
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by ATXCHRIS1234 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:05 pm

I was wondering what other users thought of the hellfire drivetrain. Im going to run an EB modded novarossi in mine and want to make sure there isn't anything I need to do drivetrain wise to be ready.
Does the Hellfire come with 4 gear's in the diffs?
Also, is the diff case the same as the savage? I want to run aluminum diff's.
Also, will the max mulchers fit the hellfire wheels?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dyehard
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Dyehard » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:09 pm

yes I belive they are the same cups as the savage and they do have 4 gears.What novarossi motor ar you sending in to EB MODS ?Her dose verry nice work, my friend has a few of his motors and they are all insane :twisted:
Have any of you guys tryed the hpi motor built by novarossi? It is called the pro 21r sc I belive! When I last talked to hpi costomer service the guy on the phone said he put one in his HELLFIRE with the hot bodies head and it was a "rocket ship" Just wondering cause my 4.6ho took a crap and am looking for a new motor. My other friend let me try his racers edge .32 in my HELLFIRE and man that motor has a ton of low to midrange power but falls a bit short in the topend, still doing a bit of tuning yet.
Savage#1 flm lcg ext tvp\'s sts.28, fullforce towers, mid-tank,zombies,UE super shocks
Savage #2 Full Force carbon fiber chassis, bpdiffs,wing, cvd's V-Spec, mid-tank
Savage #3 Flux with?????????????
If it ain't broke go faster and jump higher!!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ATXCHRIS1234
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by ATXCHRIS1234 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:14 pm

I like the novarossi in the hellfire because it has the low end of all the other motors but also revs to the moon, the hellfire needs both top end and low end, and since there isn't a 2 speed availible (yet) The novarossi should be a great motor. I just don't want to start blowing diffs, but then again... if I do, 6 screws and the diff comes out, no biggie.

:D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dyehard
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Dyehard » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:22 pm

Im thinking about going with the same diffs I have had in my savage for about a year and a half now, 8 spider from UE, and the novarossi 528xrp motor after sending it to Ed at EB-MODS ofcorse
Savage#1 flm lcg ext tvp\'s sts.28, fullforce towers, mid-tank,zombies,UE super shocks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ATXCHRIS1234
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by ATXCHRIS1234 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 pm

Im running the same diffs in my savage and want to run them in the hellfire along with the 528xrp but so far I don't know if they fit.Sounds like a project for tonight. I'll check it out and post results.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savagefcuk
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by savagefcuk » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:18 pm

ATXCHRIS1234 wrote:Also, will the max mulchers fit the hellfire wheels?

I think these will fit as they are maxx size tyres, i have fitted a set of Maxmizer's to mine with taped brick pins.
Team DB @ Doverbashers.co.uk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ATXCHRIS1234
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by ATXCHRIS1234 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:22 pm

So therefore bowties would work as well as any tire of stock size.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savagefcuk
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by savagefcuk » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:38 pm

Should do Chris
Team DB @ Doverbashers.co.uk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tbill
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by tbill » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:10 am

anyone re-geared theirs yet? last weekend it was 50ish here, so i actually got to tune the hellfire some, *censored* near had it wheelie-ing in grass. i'm thinking of swapping out the 13t bell for maybe a 16t, i don't think it'd kill the bottom end too much, and it should really add to top end pull.

what'dya think?
savage #1 lrp z28, savage #2 mach .26, savage #3 wasp .26, savage #4 mach .26, savage X, Hellfire, GS storm,
2 nitro M/T's with a few mods, mini-T, 'magic wheels' Snap-On truck, xmod evo [firebird], LST2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ACE_79
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by ACE_79 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:34 am

Go for 14T or 15T - an 16T will be overkill.
[url=http://www.nitromaniacs.de][img]http://people.freenet.de/ace_79/signatur.gif[/img][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dyehard
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Dyehard » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:07 pm

I have regeard and come to the conclusion that the best setup for me(imo) is the 15tooth clutch bell with the lightweight 51tooth spurgear, an taller on the clutch bell and I lost tomuch bottom end so I went with the 1 tooth smaller spur and now she flys. I just put in the racers edge .32 and helped alot too :twisted: :twisted:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageBEING
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by SavageBEING » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:41 pm

Hi Guys

Here is a link to another Hellfire thread where I have posted some pics of the rollcage I built for my hellfire. Still to test it out, will have some feed back in the next day or two.

http://www.savage-central.com/modules.p ... 868#459868

Cheers Sean
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness.

I think I saw that line back there, somewhere ....

2 Savage's heavily modded and well bashed

X1CRT Pro

Hellfire

RS4 3 Evo (OS18 CVR)

Hyper 7 PBS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ATXCHRIS1234
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by ATXCHRIS1234 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:54 pm

Dyehard wrote:I have regeard and come to the conclusion that the best setup for me(imo) is the 15tooth clutch bell with the lightweight 51tooth spurgear, an taller on the clutch bell and I lost tomuch bottom end so I went with the 1 tooth smaller spur and now she flys. I just put in the racers edge .32 and helped alot too :twisted: :twisted:

How do you like the .32 in there? I was thinking a motor like that wouldn't rev high enough, but then again the 4.6HO doesn't exactly rev to the moon either. How is it working out and have you experienced any drivetrain issues?
This is the first hellfire engine swap I've read about, post more info!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dyehard
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Dyehard » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:00 pm

the .32 works great but I have to take it out :cry: It is not legal for the nct race this weekend. Other than that it was great, had lots of low and midrange power and witha jp-2 pipe it still had decent topend. It fit in without any problems and I put roto-start on it so it was easy to start, If you are not racing it would be a great replacement motor!! The rules say no larger than a .28 so Im using a mach 26 this weekend and going to get a novarossi .28 next month. I did try a set of crime fighters last weekend and wow that made alot of difference but where Im going this weekend the agressors will be a better choice cause it is a blue grove indoor dirt track that is kinda sticky, or so they say.will let you guys know how it goes thou!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tbill
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by tbill » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:48 am

anyone kill a wheel yet? i was out last weekend running on grass and doing some tuning, on the return trip back to me it acted down on power, i walked over to it to see a rear wheel at an odd angle 8O

lost a wheel nut, and killed the hex in the wheel :evil: after much wandering about the yard, i found the wheel nut, but still have a thrashed wheel :cry:

gotta call HPI this week and see what they'll do for me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Golden
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Golden » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:21 pm

I tried a 15 tooth bell but lost a lot of bottom end. Since the track is short and lot's of turns I went with a 14 tooth and was working really good for that track.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

chris_le_savage
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by chris_le_savage » Tue May 02, 2006 9:19 pm

whats the hellfires top speed???

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tbill
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by tbill » Sun May 07, 2006 8:06 pm

chalk up another dead steering servo :roll: i knew it was only a matter of time, but i got to actualy bash the thing today [after buying a set of nubs for it due to a stock stripped wheel], was going good, then the steering was getting twitchy, then it was gone.....oh well, time to toss in the 645mg :wink:

otherwise, i was happy with it's performance so far. still needs some tuning i think, and a gear change has got to happen, seems to run out of top end pretty quick [for what i was doing anyway].

either way, i was glad to get some wheel time with it :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dyehard
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Dyehard » Sun May 07, 2006 10:36 pm

just broke a motor plate :cry: I put in a mach .26 and changed my gearing and added a set of nubs,was verry happy untill!!!!!! motor plate broke! overall thoe it is a great truck and seems to keep up with a coupel of jammins and runs past a mugen and a lsp :twisted: wish I would quit breaking arms though!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links