Could you care less about electric Savages?

Discuss anything R/C related that does not fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Should Savages be nitro or electric?

Nitro rules!
67%
Electric rules!
33%

Total votes: 30

SLAYERDUDE
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Could you care less about electric Savages?

Post by SLAYERDUDE » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:32 am

I'm a nitro guy, and actually get irritated when I see new posts lit up on the boards in the Flux sections.
Savages SHOULD be nitro in my opinion... and the conversion threads really irritate me.
Do you feel the same?
[img]http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy229/rc1/Avitars/sc.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dodgedude
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by dodgedude » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:43 am

no, and this thread better not start stuff......

Im a nitro only guy, but I do think that the speed and power of the electronics these days is pretty wicked
Tell me this isn't a cool savage

I dont plan on ever buying a flux, but I understand why some guys go that direction in the hobby.
[img]http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/Dodgedude780/avatar-1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.savage-central.com/Evo-Forums_-_file_-_viewtopic_-_t_-_93901_-_start_-_0.html]Big Blue[/url]......Soon.....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sharkey_t
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Sharkey_t » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:52 am

i think there is room for both. im a nitro guy, always have been. electric doesnt really interest me that much but many people prefer it.

the thing that annoys me is when the electric guys talk down about nitro stuff. everything has its place, everyone just needs to accept that neither is better.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SLAYERDUDE
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by SLAYERDUDE » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:13 am

Not trying to start anything, and it shouldn't just because of MY biased opinion.
When I have read all the threads here, there's this stuff looking at me, and it's the electric section lol.
People say Nitro is dying because of Lipo and Brushless, I'm wondering in the Savage community, is it true?
Or do the nitro guys hold their ground?
[img]http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy229/rc1/Avitars/sc.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SV250
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SV250 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:19 am

Brushless is boring. Noise and smoke will always have an appeal no matter what r/c.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/383%20Jeep/SV-SIG04-02.png[/img]
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/?special_track=nav_tab_album

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

lightningdt
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by lightningdt » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:37 am

My take is that I've been a nitro only guy ever sense my first kit. I live in CA. and it's getting harder to find a place to bash my nitro's without getting run off. I've had complaints about noise, poisonous fuel and pollution. People here are trying to ban all 2 strike engines as well. Anyway over the last 7 years I have been letting my stuff just rot because of this and I live in the country with lots of land to run on but my neighbors have complained every sense I started running my nitro's.

I bought a flux to give it a try and not one complaint so far! I've taken it to parks and other public places without worry. It was a fix for my situation. I miss the smell, sound and challenge of my nitro's but now I can have something cool to play with. Why do you think I gave away a $600.00 savage for free? So it can be enjoyed by someone without hassle.

-DT-
Lightningdt

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dcdoode7
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Dcdoode7 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:40 am

Nitro gets more of the human senses involved.  Sight, smell, hearing... I appreciate LiPos and brushless, but I think I will be a nitro guy forever.  Call me weird, but having the smell of burned nitro on your hands/fingers after a good day, then scratching your nose 4 hours later and you get a goof whiff of nitro gets me all giddy..

Is that bad?  8)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

messiah1
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by messiah1 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:04 am

I started out with a nitro XL and loved it.  I had a chance to pick up another XL and I did.  Then I decided to convert one to brushless because of all the talk about how much better/easier electric is.  I still like nitro better, but I do like the ease of use that electric affords over nitro.  Sometimes its nice to just head out with the electric and run pretty much anywhere I want.  I'll always prefer ntiro over electric though.  Is one better than the other?  Well, that's a matter of personal opinion.  Both have their merits and their pitfalls.  My personal opinion though, nitro is better.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dcdoode7
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Dcdoode7 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:10 am

[quote="messiah1";p="827898"]I started out with a nitro XL and loved it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savagenitroflux
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by savagenitroflux » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:50 am

[quote="SLAYERDUDE";p="827853"]I'm a nitro guy, and actually get irritated when I see new posts lit up on the boards in the Flux sections.
Savages SHOULD be nitro in my opinion... and the conversion threads really irritate me.
Do you feel the same?[/quote]

maybe just dont click on the threads that talk about electric?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SXL-APT
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by SXL-APT » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:59 am

I get what your saying Slayer. The flux section is popping, and there seems to be new stuff in electric often when not much gets done for Nitro. Has me worried. I hope the things that make Nitro so awesome don't get forgotten & new stuff gets developed.

I do think Flux are cool, just not on a level of Nitro. I dig electric for its plus sides, and I have a LiPo powered Mini 8ight that is a little bullet and its fun, easy, just doesn't get the senses pumped like Nitro does.

I\m going to *censored* off my neighbors today, If they don't like the sound of my ERCM pipe that's there problem.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sunshine
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by sunshine » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:22 am

all i see is fluxers braking things cuz of over power or weak parts,  seems like a waste of money till HPI gets a handle on befn up parts they are breaking  , just too many complaints for me to buy one as of now .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Cadimman
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Cadimman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 am

Brushless has its place. Just not in my Savage!
Thanks to all the GOOD people on this site!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

lightningdt
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by lightningdt » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:06 am

As soon as I make time to finish my Savage X build there will be plenty of nitro questions being asked! It's been about 6 years.

-DT-
Lightningdt

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

nitrotrippertje
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by nitrotrippertje » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:59 am

I totally argee with SV250 im a hardcore nitro guy and can say i own 15 nitro,s and only one flux .
I bought the flux 2350 about a year ago got one run on it and thought what a boring way to run a rc and its collecting dust for about a year also haha.
Nothing i mean nothing can replace the sweet smell of burned nitro the noise the way it handles and all that good stuff.
For me the flux is just a donor for spares i really dont like a savage with electric power it just takes away the fun factor for me like tuning and stuff.
Team DBC teamdriver
FLM EXT P3.28, hotbodies Twinzilla P3.28, S-25 P3.28
Hotbodies lightning pro2 buggy picco P3.28
Hongnor X2 CRT lightweight P7R EVO3 EDO mod/Werks 2057
Hongnor X2 CRT lightweight Werks B5/2013

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xtremesavage
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by xtremesavage » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:15 pm

There is no comparing them,,apples & oranges

Im tired of nitro guys saying things like "always charging batts"
I can charge a set of batts in 15min,,I get 30min run times,,so I never have to stop.
and complaining about breaking parts becuase it has too much power,,its just not true,,Ive ran my flux on 6s since day 1,,I'm not grenading any more parts than my nitro savage,,
Plus everyone here wants an ERCM picco for more power,,how can anyone complain about more power? Thats everymans goal,,nitro or lipo.

Nitro requires more tweaking & has a much larger learning curve,,Making you learn your truck
And the smell,,oh yes,,those glorious fumes,,I get it.

Brushless isnt taking over,,nitro isnt dying.
The reason brushless seems so busy,,is the prices have finally came down,,the reguler RC enthusiast can afford them now.

Lets not argue about which is better,,which you like more,,

It comes down to one thing.

LONG LIVE THE SAVAGE  
Any savage!!
[img]http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n403/xtremesavage/newsig.png[/img]
Share knowlegde,,,Dont brag!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rumpity_z28
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by rumpity_z28 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:29 pm

well i love em both haha call me gay but each has its place, right now my flux sits hanging on the wall because it to wet out. so im ripping it up with the nitro truck, but when everything dries out i'll bring it out to play to. It is cheaper to run than my nitro trucks once you have all the gear batts and a decent charger, when i take it out i have 4 batts ready to go and a charger that will plug into my truck battery and charge two batts at 20amps so charging only takes like 20 minutes so it literally doesnt cost me anything to run. where as the nitro trucks have the fuel costs which does get a little spendy here in Bring Cash. in edmonton a gallon of byrons 20% was under $30 but here its $44 + 12% harmonized tax which puts it right at $50 which is silly like why not just keep me in the nut sack and get it over already haha  :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LLkoolskillet
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LLkoolskillet » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:24 pm

HAHA Slayer you silly guy... Im a hardcore nitro guy, but I did go to the dark side and went BL. That being said my reason was so my son can play with me without having ear protection on, hes only 14 months old. When I took him out earlier this week to run the flux, I have never been more excited. When I first pulled the trigger he got all giddy and started hopping up and down with joy cause he thinks daddys trucks are awesome. That right there made my transition to Flux so worth it.

When I fired up ERCM Blackout for the first time in almost two months, my jaw dropped when she started. I love nitro and the smell and sound. My ears were ringning for two days afterwards LOL.

There are huge differences between the two but it comes down to personal preferance. I can understand how Slayer is a little irritated with all these new posts going up for the flux and barely any for the nitro. Its really obvious on another forum that flux has taken over. Here on SC i think its a fair mix of both which is great. Sure BL has instant torque and backfilp ability but it sounds like radio shack. Trust me I love the fact that all I have to do is throw in a set of batteries and im off. I dont have to mess with anything. But I love the tweakin and tuning of nitro. cant forget the best thing about nitro is ERCM PICCO POWER :twisted:
[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/LLkoolskillet2/skillet1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

FluxNZ
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by FluxNZ » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:28 pm

Surprised to see a thread like this on Savage Central  :D

I'm an electric guy from day one but It could have been different if I had started with nitro. Nitro to me is like a real car for people who like to wrench on the real thing. It requires more skill like the tuning of exhausts etc blah blah so I can see how it appeals to a lot of people. I've wrenched on 1:1 cars and stripped one right down and rebuilt it, here's the link:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228410/19 ... shi-galant

Designed and built the engine bay pipe work and modifications you see in the photo's/ detailed everything, could wipe your hand around the under carriage and not get your hands dirty
Last edited by FluxNZ on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savage Flux HP - Mild Mods.
Savage Flux 5SC/5T - Custom built.
HotBodies VE8.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Poorboymz3
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Poorboymz3 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:39 pm

I have a lot of respect for the lipo trucks, but i just wouldn't love one like i love my xl. the challenge of finding a tune and trouble shooting makes it fun IMO. Too easy can be very boring...

What scares me is the thought of all cars being electric one day. No more exhaust systems, headers, turbos, intakes. All the crap the makes cars flipping awesome! What am i going do to to make my cars faster? Put in a bigger battery, ugh its sickening. Sure the tesla is cool in it's own right, but I love smoking tires and the smell of a rich running carb at the track not to mention the sounds and feeling of an 8000hp nitro powered top fueler ripping down the track at 300+mph.

Sorry forgive me for my thread jacking rant....
[img]http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww267/poorboymz3/sig.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links