went to the dark side.....

Discuss anything R/C related that does not fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Sharkey_t
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

went to the dark side.....

Post by Sharkey_t » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:01 am

so i regret to inform the savage community that ive gone to the dark side. yes, a 13 year rc veteran who started with hpi, and has never been without an hpi in his stable, has for the first time ever bought a traxxas....

ok enough buildup, i bought a 1/16 traxxas slash 4x4. a couple weeks ago i put my 450 heli on consignment at the hobby shop, it sold last week. their deal is if you take the cash, they take a 10% commission, if you spend the money in the store its no charge. all my rigs are pretty much complete, and ive kinda been wanting something to just toss a battery in and go, i started looking at the mini traxxas stuff and the slash fit right in. i did seriously look at the savage xs, however i wanted something a little smaller, and was a little out of the current budget. also looked at the mini recon, just seemed a little too toy like for me.

all joking about traxxas aside, its actually a fun little truck. i swapped the god awful TQ radio gear out right away, checked over the truck and away i went. its surprisingly quick out of the box (its not a vxl, its the 12 turn 550 brushed version), handles well and jumps decent. honestly it just puts a smile on my face, for the money its a pile of fun.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

VladX
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by VladX » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:08 pm

they are great little trucks, all of the 1/16s i enjoyed mine when i had them and it was always a blast.
best of all, they are waterproof and do fairly good when you crash.

have fun.
[url=http://www.savage-central.com/Evo-Forums_-_file_-_viewtopic_-_t_-_92429.html]read me[/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rumpity_z28
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by rumpity_z28 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:02 am

yeah i know what ya mean i have the merv and its a great little truck and lots of fun to rip around a track on

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

oarie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by oarie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:21 am

The Traxxas are great vehicles, the only problem is the longevity of the brushed motor.  Otherwise, great pick-up.
O

[url=http://www.savage-central.com/][img]http://www.savage-central.com/banners/468x60banner.gif[/img][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sharkey_t
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Sharkey_t » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:41 am

well, looks like its living up to the traxxas name. been happy with the truck so far, i changed the shock oil and springs tonight, tossed the battery in and took it for a burn. was handling great, all the sudden i got some glitching issues then no throttle control. as im walking up to the truck i notice the transparent blue esc is now bright orange and smoking. managed to get the battery unhooked and the esc out before it did any damage to the truck.

in 13 years of r/c this is the first time ive ever had something electronic burn up. not real happy with my 5 day old truck right now. guess thats what i get for not buying a savage xs. already sent traxxas an email, guess ill wait to see what they say. im guessing ill be without the thing for at least a month though having to ship across the border.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bifftit
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by bifftit » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:52 am

i have a stampede for the wifeys grand carpet-apes.  they fried the motor 3 min after they put their grubby hands on it. i called traxxas months later and whinned, they not only sent me one motor, but they sent a spare!
2007 HD Ultraclassic +trailor...2000 UMC groundpounder 113ci...2008 HD 1200C (wifeys ride)

SavageXL-Novarossi 28 or Lrp32
SavageX-Picco 28 or OS 30VG...
Flux HP-tekin T8/RX8
Oh, and Orange Crush!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links