Buy/sell/trade

Help us help you! Post your comments and/or suggestions for Savage-Central.

Moderator: Moderators

rokie1432
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Re: Buy/sell/trade

Post by rokie1432 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:48 am

the liability would only be in the transaction.....and a fee for any sale item would contribute to the site....i would have thought this idea may work....

but maybe you're right....too much legal stuffs which i'm not aware of...
Sav X - Picco.28; 086; FLM, BPs, RPM, BBs, Bashcat Braces, Hitec 7954SH, 5645MG, MA1N5T.

[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/EggbertPhotos/RCvehicles/SpeedyEggbertSig.gif[/img] *Artwork@Eggbert.Creations*

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SV250
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SV250 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:50 am

Yep, it automaticly puts the site into the sales contract. This can still be done with an independant 3rd party though. Defintely a path I would suggest on large transactions.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/383%20Jeep/SV-SIG04-02.png[/img]
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/?special_track=nav_tab_album

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

NITROMITE
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by NITROMITE » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:52 am

I had no idea this Stemmed from the Savage Peal and I was considering. Glad we did not get it.
Getting to know one another is the best way to judge how a sale will turn out. In this situation I was not sure about the seller so I contacted an admin and asked for their advise. I was told he/she did not know the person and would not recommend going through with the purchase. that convinced me to back away from the sale. But at the same time someone else had already took the bait. I don't want to overwhelm the admin But sometimes if you are not sure about someone it is good to ask questions. But you must know if you do go ahead  with the purchase and get taken it is not because of Savage Central or any of the great admins we here.
just my 2 cents
[img]http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/VNCBEARING/Avatars/Animation1-3.gif[/img]
[b][color=red]GREAT BASH VID[/color][/b]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9GiFXrOKiA
[size=150][b]UN FLUXING BELIEVABLE [/b][/size]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:18 am

I have some things to work out with the 2 feedback threads such as how to handle a rebuttal between the 2, because there are always 2 sides to a story, and the truth is somewhere between them.  Note that there is a new post in the feedback thread.  

I find it quite amazing how when a transaction goes bad that there is a great call for action to be taken but when positive feedback is posted, no one even thinks twice about it.  I mean I got several PMs telling me about the original post in the BST about the recent bad transaction, but there have been a couple positive posts in the past that didn't get added to the feedback thread for one reason or another and I got zero PMs for those.

I'm not yelling at anyone, but even the admin has got to vent a little now and then, thanks for listening.................

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rokie1432
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by rokie1432 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:41 am

perhaps no news = good news....sometimes....so if there isnt any +ve feedback, then it is commonly understood as a good and healthy transaction...people are happy....

it's only when pple are not happy, that's when it triggers the alarm....for both the admin, and also potential buyers....

dont take it too hard on yourself Squid....i personally take -ve feedback for such occurences as good, becoz pple are made aware of scams amidst us....
Sav X - Picco.28; 086; FLM, BPs, RPM, BBs, Bashcat Braces, Hitec 7954SH, 5645MG, MA1N5T.

[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/EggbertPhotos/RCvehicles/SpeedyEggbertSig.gif[/img] *Artwork@Eggbert.Creations*

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:44 am

The problem is no one waits to see what the other party in the deal has to say before they start screaming for stickies and members to be removed from the site.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rcaircraftnut
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by rcaircraftnut » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:04 am

I only suggeted it be moved or posted in a sticky, cuz I knew it wasnt posted in the correct spot. I had no other interest in this. If the guy was scamming or not was irrelevant to what I posted. I dont know whether he was or not, and Im not the one to make that call. I was just trying to keep it "Clean and PG" LOL!
I'm not a Superstar. I cant even drive like one.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:08 am

Not pointing fingers anywhere, I got more PMs about that thread than I care to count........

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rcaircraftnut
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by rcaircraftnut » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:12 am

No worries just wanted to be sure I wasent fanning the flames,  :twisted:  :twisted:
I'm not a Superstar. I cant even drive like one.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:39 pm

The auto delete is now set at 60 days in the BST, and Oarie has something up his sleeve but he hasn't told me what it is. ?And there is no way we are going to put in a 3rd party to oversee the transactions, because that would put liability on this site even if it was a 3rd party doing the overseeing. ?

I am still trying to figure out the details of 2 feedback threads (one positive and one negative), as there needs to be a way to relate one to the other.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links