Pay it Forward

Help us help you! Post your comments and/or suggestions for Savage-Central.

Moderator: Moderators

pullmehome
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Pay it Forward

Post by pullmehome » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:24 pm

Someone should start a pay it forward section here on S.C. I used to be active on BMXMUSEUM forums where people collect and restore old BMX bikes. They had a section called pay it forward where people could post things that they wanted to give away for whatever reason. I never got anything from it, but I did give stuff away a couple times. It was usually up to the person weather shipping was paid for by them or the reciever and it was very nice to see people helping out others.
[u]Savage x4.6,[/u] f4.6, polished pipe, sway bar kit, half rigged throttle mod,rpm skid,hobbico cs160steering, sf-20 throttle.
[u]Savage 25[/u] project to be decided (ideas welcomed)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xtremesavage
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by xtremesavage » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Weve had members offer things before,,And Ive seen this site give away almost a complete truck,,members donating random stuff..
Ive also seen members take advantage of this kindness,,,Taking stuff only because its free.

If I have something I dont need or use,,,and another member is in need,,I help when I can,,and so does alot of the community,,
Ive recieved free stuff too..

So I'm saying there is an already existing "pay it forward"  its just sorta not official.

I like this idea,,but I can see it causing problems too.
[img]http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n403/xtremesavage/newsig.png[/img]
Share knowlegde,,,Dont brag!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

pullmehome
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by pullmehome » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:02 pm

The site I mentioned used to lock the freeloaders out of the PIF section, but your right it doesn't hurt anything to just post the things or offer them in the general forum. I didn't think of the mods extra responsibility either it's probably not needed.
[u]Savage x4.6,[/u] f4.6, polished pipe, sway bar kit, half rigged throttle mod,rpm skid,hobbico cs160steering, sf-20 throttle.
[u]Savage 25[/u] project to be decided (ideas welcomed)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links