Original HPI RS4 Pro - Brushless Beast

Forum for discussing nostalgic R/C cars and trucks of the past.

Moderator: Moderators

Mendoza
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Original HPI RS4 Pro - Brushless Beast

Post by Mendoza » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:50 am

Found one of my old favourites. About 12 years old. It's an HPI twin carbon fibre plate road car - the chassis alone cost me $600 back then..Belt driven 4WD. I dug it out of my parents garage whilst on Father's Day. Heck I'm taking her home.. This was pulling about 60MPh before I left the hobby for a while and before Lipo existed, I put in a Novak 3.5 velocity motor and esc when brushless first hit the scene... I'm going to grab some lipos and run it... This thing was uncontrollable on nimh!! I had to put on 1/10 scale HPI stadium truck wheels and ground the tyres down to rubber slicks to try and get traction. Check out the photos an absolute classic. I was running a 911 turbo shell and remember repainting the lotus before I got married and it went into storage. BEAST

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Mendoza
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Mendoza » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:54 am

Do any members have any parts for sale or know where to get them from in the U.S.? It's an extremely rare model these days .... I have had a quick look and now thinking maybe I should just shelf this legend if I can't buy parts.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links