original RC Monster truck

Forum for discussing nostalgic R/C cars and trucks of the past.

Moderator: Moderators

JasonS
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Re: original RC Monster truck

Post by JasonS » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:35 pm

I had something like that as my first 'real' R/C car (Real being not a radio shack car). My dad found it at a garage sale missing one servo and the other wasn't any good. When we were finding servos for it, we were told that it was either a bruiser or that it was something different, the knowledgable people couldnt decide and we could never figure out on our own.
It looked just like that, but the transmission was a bit different. It Had 4 hi, 4 low, and 2 wd, and had to come to a complete stop before you could switch between the gears. All gears worked when we got it, but 2 boys driving it and the controller setup caused 2 of the gears to get stripped.

My dad ended up swapping it and a Sreat Planes Sportster 40 for a Traxxas Nitro Hawk, which ended up being my first nitro truck, and to this day that bruiser(or whatever it was) is the only R/C car that I have owned (relatively speaking) that I never took apart. Like you all I wanted to see inside the tranny and diffs, and see how it all fit together and worked, but it was way too much fun to not be able to get back together and I wasn't sure if I could get it back together if I took it apart.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links