Your first R/C

Forum for discussing nostalgic R/C cars and trucks of the past.

Moderator: Moderators

hoffmanbrent
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Re: Your first R/C

Post by hoffmanbrent » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:32 pm

was a r/c boat. futaba 2 ch, k&b .40, dumas quickee 40 boat, that was 30 years ago. the boat came in several, several balsa type pieces, once it was assembled i fiberglassed it. wish i still had it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Shakermt
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Shakermt » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:06 am

I started ruffly 5 years ago with a Traxxas Stampede wich I hoped up with a 17t fireball motor, 2 was a T-maxx 2.5 modded with RPM arms and skidplates and RC Raven roll cage, 3 Losi LST modded with RPM arms and gear cover, 4 HB Lightning Stadium Pro, 5 Tmaxx 3.3 with RPM arms and skids, 6 Savage X with Picco P3-28, 7 soon Savage 25 with to many mods to list in one sitting.
[img]http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr48/ShakerCo/shakerco.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

PLUH
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by PLUH » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:59 am

Well my first rc was my Savage X that i got about 4months ago so im not only a noob to nitro rc's but to the whole rc business as a whole. :lol:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/4-Why/Sig-1.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

5AVAG3
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by 5AVAG3 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:07 am

Tamiya Wild Ones buggy..
[b][i]MA1N5T....BASH it without boundaries.[/i][/b][img]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5158/5avagesignature.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG1Thz0vqSI]The MA1N5T custom buggy cage in action.[/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

simonbelmont
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by simonbelmont » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:02 am

futaba ........ that white buggy they put out to compete against the Kyosho Raider.  I think it was called a fx10 ........ then came a tamiya boomerang, blackfoot, clodbuster, mauri big bear, rcto graphite, jrx pro(best car i ever had), rc10 team car(also best car i ever had) ayk pro radiant, and some losi truggy that i cant remember.  At one point i assembled a kyosho salute and a kyosho triumph ........ those two still sit in my moms basement as never ran rolling chassis.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Hasavage
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Hasavage » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:01 am

[quote="samrsnow";p="681444"]this was my first rc back in.....2004 i think...i got it from my neighbore who had gottan out of rc about a year and a half later

STILL RUNS LIKE A CHAMP![/quote]

hey i have one of those, mines a gas one though with the 4 wheeler body on it. verry fun.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kamikazekalle
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by kamikazekalle » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:27 pm

My first r/c-car was a Kyosho Rowdy Baja ( http://www.rcmagvintage.com/reviews/ret ... kyosho.htm ). I got it with only a few tanks of use from a friend in 1983. I built a very tuned K&B .21 for it. Titanium rod, a good carburator (can
Last edited by kamikazekalle on Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xtremesavage
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by xtremesavage » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:41 pm

[quote="kamikazekalle";p="683803"]My first r/c-car was a Kyosho Rowdy Baja ( http://www.rcmagvintage.com/reviews/ret ... kyosho.htm ). I got it with only a few tanks of use from a friend in 1983. I built a very tuned K&B .21 for it. Titanium rod, a good carburator (can
[img]http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n403/xtremesavage/newsig.png[/img]
Share knowlegde,,,Dont brag!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Eggbert
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Eggbert » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:50 pm

OK...here I show my age......I built a Dumas L'il Swamp Buggy airboat and put a Cox 049 on it.  Eventually I picked up a one channel radio.  I think it was a Pixie model made by Ace...not sure....I"m too lazy at this precise moment in time to go look.  Anyway, no servo.  You pressed a button the transmitter and a relay engaged on the receiver.  I built a contraption that looked like a servo out of a toy electric motor and meccano gears.  You could push the button and turn...say right.  Push again and get back to neutral.  If you wanted to go right again, you had to hold the button down as you went through left and then neutral and back to right.  I still have all of it.....getting dusty now.

Hoffmanbrent.....I have a Dumas SkDaddle 40 I started building about 1983.  Got the hull finished (the hard part) but never went any further.  Last year I managed to pick up a marine conversion kit for the OS 40 airplane engine I originally bought for the boat, from a Hobby Shop in England getting rid of old stock on e-bay. It will become an active project fairly soon.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

concreat
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by concreat » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:31 pm

my first real rc was the tamiya blackfoot.. good time good time!
!!!herne hill hoon!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

trashman139
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by trashman139 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:17 pm

mine was a christmas present my wife had no idea. EXCEED trinity she spent money on junk it lasted about 2 months

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

KAZACHARY
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by KAZACHARY » Sun May 17, 2009 4:33 pm

My first real RC was an Associated RC10 goldpan that I picked up at a yard sale in 2005 for 25 bucks RTR. Probably still my favorite RC. It was crazy reliable. I was stupid and traded it for an E-maxx, which I traded for my savage. I love my sav, but if I could take it back and have that RC10, I would in a heartbeat. My first RC was a Haiboxing TL01 clone that i bought from a friend for 10 bucks. it was a piece of *censored*. Then I got a rustler XL5 for 20 bucks from the same friend that just needed a motor.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

VRCP
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by VRCP » Sat May 30, 2009 7:13 am

my first rc was a tamiya TA03  

my next rc the first savage ss and hpi mt2
[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/Rataplan_RC/x-1.jpg[/img]
       very radio controlled people

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

scottyp
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by scottyp » Sat May 30, 2009 7:28 am

My very first RC was a Jet Hopper  :D  LMAO - ran on 8 AA batteries, but it was FUN  - for the 80's.

Then I got a Kyosho Shadow - what a POS! Went through more parts than you could poke a stick at!

Manual speed controller and all.

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/show ... p?t=183811

Then I had a Lazer ZX-R - now that rocked! :D  Even won a few races with it.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_mode ... 3&id=11991   (Scroll down for Pics)

Then had about 15 years with no R/C :( - and now the MIGHTY SAVAGE. :twisted:  :twisted:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LeadPusher
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by LeadPusher » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:31 pm

Tamiya Hornet
mail order combo kit had to have my cousin fix the quick charger since during shipment some wires came loos insiide.
wore the tires off the rim in 2 weeks.

Started a major addiction I was in 8th grade and took me forever to make enough money to get it.
from there I got RC10, Losi truck, Monster Beetle, then i went to the air for a few years with gliders electric gliders, nitro .049 gliders then a bunch of .46 fixed wing now i am back to trucks for me and my kids
3 rock crawlers - great fun for entire family
2 slashes
2 slayers - just sold on ebay.
2 TC3 electric road cars
1 nitro rustler - most fun i ever had with nitro car until i found a savage.
and the king 1 Savage SS on the way.  It will be a good time to teach my son how stuff works and how good it feels when you build your own kits.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

midnightrider
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by midnightrider » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:32 pm

My first  RC was the was  RTR traxxas Rustler when they first came out about ten years ago. A buddy of mine had a RTR bandit that I though was cooler than heck so I had to get a too.

We raced those two cars in a small dirt track next to his house this went on for a few years we modded each car almost the same until we had almost every perfomance upgrade for those two cars availible! He moved away I tried to buy his buggy before he left but he wouldnt sell it. likewise I would never sell my rustler. every once an a while I get it out and hold it like a baby LOL.  you know whats funny is my ten year old nicad powered Trinity motored Rustler will give some of the newer brushless stuff a a** whoppin.

Then I started getting into Nitro stuff I had a Tmaxx when they first came out modded it a whole bunch then I sold that truck for a Jato. when I had the jato I didnt have anyone to race with so the monster truck inside me screamed SAVAGE !  I am now a proud owner of a modded Savage X and a ten year old Ruster.
[img]http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/midnightrider_2010/250-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

killer
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by killer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:48 pm

It all started with a Super Hornet for me, my brother had the Jet Hopper, he could not drive it then and he is no better now :)

I then went onto a 1:10 scale touring car when I was 12, was a good learning experience, I only wish I knew about Simple Green back then, *censored* that thing was dirty.

I had a 10 year hiatus from R/C, which was broken with a Savage 25 in 2003 which I subsequently sold due to know one to bash with.

I have recently bought a Savage X and started modding it and even more recently picked up a HPI Blitz which is stock apart from some lipo's.

All in all it is good to be back!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MrMUC
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by MrMUC » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:38 pm

Hmmm, TO even begin is a long list, of R/C's in my life, First one ever (1980ish)Cox.049 Balck Widow V-boat!!!!
Hello My name is Mr.MUC and i I have an R/C addiction!!!!! Ive was clean for a good amount of years but it has begun again.
[img]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac261/SYAWEDIS/SAVAGE/MUC-SIG02-02.png[/img]
I LOVE THE SMELL OF NITRO IN THE AIR!!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cantkillthesavage
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by cantkillthesavage » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:54 pm

My first "hobby quality" rc was a savage 25 KFX 700, I bought about 5 years ago, I have five trucks now but the savage is still my favorite. This is an addiction, and I dont ever wanna be clean, lol.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MotorBreathLT1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by MotorBreathLT1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:07 am

My first real rc was back in 2000 or 2001, duratrax maximum st. Mostly stock except an os .15 cvx and a tuned pipe. It ran out of range and went wot into the highway and got crushed. I replaced it with a trx .15 Tmaxx, later sinking around 1500 dollars into it with a .15 cvrx, mip wide maxx suspension and what not. Also picked up a duratrax sfgp, stock. Sold it all when I bought a car, only recently have I gotten back into rc, I bought a savage x 4.6 and the mods are already piling up after a month.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links