Tyco R/C anyone??

Forum for discussing nostalgic R/C cars and trucks of the past.

Moderator: Moderators

DirtmagnetXSS
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Re: Tyco R/C anyone??

Post by DirtmagnetXSS » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:10 pm

Wow.... going back a ways.....lets see, my first R/C was a Tyco, i forget what it was called, but it was white, and had that "turbo" slot on the stick radio. I want to say it was the bandit, but can't remember! This was back in '89 or '90. :?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mudman_7_9
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by mudman_7_9 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:22 am

my first car was a nikko. it was an orange buggy that was about 93. i had another jeep i dont remember what kind. then i got a tyco fast track. and then after that i got a nikko screamer buggy at a toy shop in a mall. and thats when i was getting into customizing things. i set it up where i randual batteries on it. then i lightened up the chassis. and lowered it. then i got a hold of an old19 turn motor from a guy who races associated stadiums and crammed that in it. it went pretty dang quick until it fried its chip board inside it lol. then i bought my first hobby class car. it was a duratrax evader st. and after that it was a maxximum mt. then a hpi nitro rush. then a savage. wich got run over by a car due to a runaway. so i bought another savage. now im looking for another one
my savage eats maxx for breakfast,lunch and supper, and occasionaly for desert it gets some LST

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Crash2599
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Crash2599 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:02 am

You can add me to the Tyco RC Hopper list, that thing was ausome, especially when you engaged the turbo mode for a little extra speed and extra battery drain... i think i still have the chargers for the AA's i used back then lol.

Next on the list was one of those Caterpillar front-end loaders that even had working lights and everthing, but for some reason that didn't last long, think it got returned.

And then it was onto the big stuff and it was all over after that, I bought the Tamiya MadCap and actually raced it with the local hobby club, the owner had a track outside Winnipeg.

Then got *censored* at breaking and fixing the broken parts and bought a Kyosho Jetstream nitro (still working and use it), and now the monster truck i always wanted...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

teddyherrera
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by teddyherrera » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:09 pm

it was the turbo bandit! ran great untill it was run over by the neighbor. :( i also had the tyco buggy, that thing took a beating.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

AzteK
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by AzteK » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:26 pm

My first tyco was a monster truck.  Didnt have very good ground clearence.  Wish I knew the name.  It was a larger truck too.  Took it off jumps an such, was great.  Took it off one jump to big, and a servo broke, steering stayed to the left.  Took it to a hobby store, they looked at it, but had no idea how to get in there, and if it could even be fixed.  I loved that truck.  So we took it back and exchanged it for a Scorcher.  6 wheels of mayhem!  That thing took one beating.  Being powered by 2 motors made the batts last like 5 minutes.  I got into customizing RC later with the scorcher.  Took the body off, took the front wheels off, glued the batt box to the rear, and used misc. plastic as a wheely bar.  I also did the same with my brothers.  Then I put them together fron to back, including the remotes, with some straws taped to the sticks, controlled both that way (it controlled like a tank)  I still have both mine and my brothers. though I dont think the 9.6v packs work anymore, remotes do though!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

crazysavage28
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by crazysavage28 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:38 pm

my first real rc was a tyco Fast Traxx that thing would wheelie all the way across a carpeted room! Its was SICK!! I wish i could find another one....I would even think TWICE about buying it....it lasted quite some time....wore out several sets of tracks
Savage .25 RTR with O.S. Max-30VG
1/2" offset maximizer beadlocks with dirtbonz
18/49 cb/spur combo
"No honey, that's always been on my savvy"
RS4 3 evo, THS pipe, with stage D wheels and tires FUN FUN FUN

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

arisking
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by arisking » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:56 pm

Talk about digging up an old thread...LOL.

-Josh-
This is my Savage:

|--o--|
 .|.
 .|.
 .|.
|--o--|

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

GONE_DSM
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by GONE_DSM » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:48 pm

wow iam only 24 but i remember the tyco days like they were yesterday. i had the tyco fast tracks and that thing was amazing. it went everywhere and it went through batteries like a mad man.

The Good Ole Days

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MonoSavageX
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by MonoSavageX » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 am

[quote="GONE_DSM";p="652418"]wow iam only 24 but i remember the tyco days like they were yesterday. i had the tyco fast tracks and that thing was amazing. it went everywhere and it went through batteries like a mad man.

The Good Ole Days[/quote]

I too had a fast tracks it had like a neon yellowish body. I got it one year for Christmas. I was like 12 at the time I broke it the next day jumping through the huge ditches that are in florida. my parents where so mad that I broke it that fast and NEVER bought me an RC again....   :cry: :evil:
Savage X LRP.32 All sorts of upgrades!!!
Savage SS Custom machined TVPs LRP.28
LOSI 5ive-T Upgraded engine/servos
Jato 3.3 Stock

If your not supposed to break them, why do they make new parts?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ASBURY
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by ASBURY » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:21 am

Oh man I had the red and black bandit!!! I  still have the charger that charges 4hrs and 9.6v  yellow battery pack. Then about a year later I got the  blue black and lime green one that said 30% faster than the previous bandit. Got both from walmart the best tyco car they had if you ask me.. The typhoon sucked bad!!  Yes those were the days then went on and purchased me a bolink eliminator 1/12 or 1/10 scale then took off from there that was in 1991

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ASBURY
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by ASBURY » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:41 am

Oh yeah radio shack had the fastest cars out back then. The red arrow and golden arrow!!!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links