Tyco R/C anyone??

Forum for discussing nostalgic R/C cars and trucks of the past.

Moderator: Moderators

Stew
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Tyco R/C anyone??

Post by Stew » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:28 pm

Seeing how I didn't know what a hobby shop was till I was about 14, I would say my first Radio Controlled vehicle was the Tyco Bandit. You guys remember that thing, made of cheap plastic, got it at toys r us. That thing was fast. Or what about the tyco ones that had the tracks, fast tracks I think they were called. Those were sweet too.
Currently, Savageless..................

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savage-fanatic
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by savage-fanatic » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:25 pm

Tyco ruled when i was a kid (about 5-10 years ago). I had this one vyper car that had this snake head that poped up and squirted water. I then had this one that was a car on one side and a truck on the other. Those were the days. When rc cars only cost like $30 lol.
Savage SS 4.6

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

FrankyRizzo
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by FrankyRizzo » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:03 am

I had a tyco turbo hopper years ago.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MonsterMan
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by MonsterMan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:11 pm

I had quite a few Tyco Turbo Hoppers, then the Hijacker, and 2 of those Hovercrafts!! Every kid in America should get a Tyco and it should be their first RC!! Tyco rocked back in the 80's!!
Chris
Hpi Baja 5B Modded Hpi Baja 5T MAXXED OUT
[img]http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww353/monsterman--HBF/Forum%20Logos%20Banners%20Sigs/sawmmiemonstermansig.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

FrankyRizzo
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by FrankyRizzo » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:19 pm

I remember them eating batteries like there was no tomorrow.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

reaganreagan
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by reaganreagan » Tue May 16, 2006 11:33 am

I owned one of each that you guys mentioned and then some. Bandit was the coolest. Then I got the grasshopper then it all blew up from there.
[color=blue]T-MAXX with RZV01-Belt Start
1-Stock t-maxx
Stampede
TXT-1
Savage SS
Modded Clodbuster
EK4 - Slightely modded
Mini Dragonfly
Raptor 30
(2) Savage X 4.6
(2) FG Monsters
1 Hurricane C5
Baja 5B[/color]

And the list goes on and on.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bcane98
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by bcane98 » Tue May 16, 2006 1:44 pm

Oh the memories of Tyco... I never owned one, but my friend got one for Xmas back in the late 80's. Man he was happier than a pig in poo... I had a Clod Buster and he had the Bandit. We were like David and Goliath... I'd clear the path and he'd come zooming through... Even when I had my CB in high gear he would fly right by me.

Well the bragging started and the show off bug reared it's ugly head... I was getting tired of him wanting to drag race me all the time, so I told him we should do some track racing. At that age the track was made up of folding chiars, buckets, jump ropes, his dad's tools, some other junk and his sister was the "go" person. Well he beat me there too since it was just an oval. Knowing that David beat Goliath, I had to use skillz to catch this little SOG. To make a long story short he was on the street zipping up and down taunting me to catch him, I was on the side of the garage watching and wating until the right moment, and then ZOOOOOM!!! BAM, KAPOW, CRASH, BOING!, BZZZZZ, SNAP!!! GROWL!!!

As the dust settled it was not good... for him. I ran over him like the mighty BIG FOOT would run over a car on Sunday... I broke his front wheel off, cracked the body in numerous places, and I think I ripped some stickers off too. I felt bad after that as he wasn't well off and back then $40 toy was expensive and was reserved for BDay's and Xmas. He was mad at me for like a week, but soon got over it.

I think his Dad got him another one shortly after that, but this time he didn't talk too much smack! We went back to the back yard running and never really raced again, just some good ole fashin bashin is all :D
Last edited by bcane98 on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=59285]HOW TO USE THE SEARCH TOOL-BASICS[/url]
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/bcane98/Signatures/RCSignature7.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Calaber
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Calaber » Tue May 16, 2006 5:44 pm

I had one called a Sidewinder and it was like a dragster and that thing would pull cat walks fer about 40 feet... :lol: I also had one of those rebounders that its a car on one side and truck on the other never would get stuck it would fliP and keep on going... Maybe thats why my truck is always on its lid i forgot it wont keep going :lol: ...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

85burbanator
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by 85burbanator » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:06 pm

we still have a sidewinder in that gargae. the younger cousins play with it from time to time. we use to steal my dads flash lights and tape it to the top above the driver so we could drive at night. i think the battery slider is stuck all the way back so all it does is wheelie and do wicked doughnuts.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

redneckracer
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by redneckracer » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:39 pm

I had the Bandit, Heads up, Turbo hopper and a World of outlaws car all from tyco. Those things were pretty cool.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bigbrett
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by bigbrett » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:48 am

i had a tyco tornado it did wheelies and it's front end would spin like crazy lol i think i got it sittin in my closet somewhere

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

1rclovinkid
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by 1rclovinkid » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:52 pm

i had EVERY tyco car there was untill the crash back first was the rebounder the one that no matter wich way you flipped it always was movin then was the mutatior that could change its ride height then i had the tantrum that at the touch of a botton would make the cars dront supsension turn like the prop on a plane, then was the chrash back wich was kinda lame, then came my first kit the KING BLACK fOOT ha that was a fun truck all amy other friends used to carry there rc car down the steps i drove mine down lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rabbit
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by rabbit » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:37 am

I had one of those Bandits, took an absolute beating and was fast! about the same time Radioshack made a fast little buggy too, I forget the name but it was 7.2 volt and probably a little faster than the bandit. one of our freinds got one and completely balded the tires within a day or 2 lol..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

beason
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by beason » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:16 am

radio shack had the red, and golden arrow buggys, those were about as close to hobby class RC as you could get from a non hobby shop. they were quick to!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rabbit
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by rabbit » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:45 am

red arrow ftw :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savagenoob
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by savagenoob » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:40 pm

I have had a Bandit, heads-up turbo hopper, Hi-jacker, turbo Hammer, and a Radio shack Black Phantom. The hammer had a built in wheelie bar and in low gear it could ride wheelies almost until the battery was dead. The hi-jacker was the fastest but would take a pretty long time to get up to speed. The Black Phantom was a 4wd buggy with 2 motors. I still have the hammer and black phantom and they both work.
Hellfire mid-tank, F4.6, 18/47, XL 3-speed, Max-life alu shoes/Mugen 1.0 springs, Losi HT pipe
Other rides: REVO w/Mach2 .19, REVO w/3.3, T-Maxx w/2.5R, Stampede w/ Megatech M16, HPI firestorm, ECX Circuit

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

1rclovinkid
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by 1rclovinkid » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:49 pm

speaking of tyco lol i actually just bought one the drifter its awsome for a tyco it drifts with no prob looks cool to

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Felix
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Felix » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:20 am

savagenoob wrote:I have had a Bandit, heads-up turbo hopper, Hi-jacker, turbo Hammer, and a Radio shack Black Phantom. The hammer had a built in wheelie bar and in low gear it could ride wheelies almost until the battery was dead. The hi-jacker was the fastest but would take a pretty long time to get up to speed. The Black Phantom was a 4wd buggy with 2 motors. I still have the hammer and black phantom and they both work.

Black Phantom all the way :twisted: i loved that thing back in the day when i didnt even know there was a such thing as oil shocks and it went pretty good for a radio shack.

The best tyco hands down is the original Rebound that had bob cat like steering and you coudl drive it upside and it was a car on one side and a truck on the other.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Rdub202
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Rdub202 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:12 pm

i had a few. i had one, i dont remember the name but you pushed a button on the remote and it smacked down this little popper thing and made it like bunny hop. lol. my bro had this one like a snowmobile type with a big rubber "thing" in the back. i might still have them. but yea the batts lasted like 10 minutes and took like 4 hours to charge
Savage-Axial .28

[url=http://www.jonehrc.com/blog]JFC's Ultimate Nitro Blog[/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Rdub202
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Rdub202 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:27 pm

dudes i just came across my old steeltec set. wonder what i could make for my savage...
Savage-Axial .28

[url=http://www.jonehrc.com/blog]JFC's Ultimate Nitro Blog[/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links