kyosho datsun 10

Forum for discussing nostalgic R/C cars and trucks of the past.

Moderator: Moderators

Lorduss
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

kyosho datsun 10

Post by Lorduss » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:07 am

For those of you have realy been in this hobby a while and rember odds and ends... (not describing my self by the way)
about 13+ years ago or so. my uncle sent me his old RC stuff, a gold tub chassie RC10, a Graphite chassie version. the original kyosho inferno and a kyosho datsun 10, in the years since i aquired it, i had found out little about it. other than eventually its name.
im having trouble uploading the pics but heres an old add for it i found online. the realy unique thing about it is its chassie style is like the bruser, using a slightly different suspenion, 4x4 chain driven, with a huge heavy metal gearbox, i also have the old O.S. .10 airplane engine used with the car clutch and zip starter system bolted on, the tire in front are on one way bearings so only the rear brakes. the brake it self is applied directly to the clutchbell, in this case the clutchbell being a secure part of the drivetrain.

it seems allmost no one has one of these and thats why i realy love having it, its missing a couple of parts to make it run, no problem machining them, and one day it will eventually run again.
ill try and get these pics on soon, its a nice look into our hobbies past.
Attachments
datsun4x4_ad1.jpg
datsun4x4_ad1.jpg (107.74 KiB) Viewed 2691 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

eXunforgiven
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by eXunforgiven » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:00 pm

Ah, look at that, Id fork out some cash for something like that! Take it on a sweet cruize up a steep rocky hill. Or lend it out to a museum, either would do.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links