computer speakers?

Use this forum for any non-R/C related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

getrdoneracing
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

computer speakers?

Post by getrdoneracing » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:47 pm

ok i have been on the hunt for some good computer speakers preferably a 5.1 system dose any one have any thoughts or suggestions for me
GRD Racing!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:52 am

Altec Lansing make some good units, so does Bose.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

quickkill730
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by quickkill730 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 am

not sure how much money you are willing to spend but logitech makes some good 2.1 systems. I have the z-2300. Comes with a 10in sub and THX certified speakers. I am very happy with this system it is very loud. The sub would shake down your entire house. and the audio sounds very clean. All for around $150.
[i][b]Intelligence is not derived by how much you know, rather by how understanding and accepting you are.[/b][/i]
[img]http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr112/quickkill730/Untitled-1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

J1A1H
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by J1A1H » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:33 am

all about the logitech z-5500!!! 5.1 surround and 500watts rms!!! that will shake your house down and your neighbours!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

quickkill730
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by quickkill730 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:51 am

the z-5500 is the one I wanted but I have know where to put the other speakers plus I already have a 10.2 pioneer elite surround sound system for my home theater so I didnt need it. But for what getrdoneracing wanted def look into the logitech models they have something for everyone. Just dont get the lower models cause they are not shielded everything interfers with the speakers like cellphones. Plus you def don't want an unshielded sub near your comp.
[i][b]Intelligence is not derived by how much you know, rather by how understanding and accepting you are.[/b][/i]
[img]http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr112/quickkill730/Untitled-1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

wiibox
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by wiibox » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 am

i got the Logitech 5.1 Surround Speaker System (X-540) and they work great and only $110

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mordith
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by mordith » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:22 am

If you're looking for a really good 5.1 channel setup then I think the Logitech Z-5500 is probably your best option right now unless you can get some used Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra's for a good price. ?Otherwise Logitech has some cheaper 5.1 speakers you can choose from. ?

Otherwise if you have nowhere to put your speakers then I would recommend the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. I have those and they're the best sounding 2.1 speakers I've heard for a PC.

Also stay away from Bose speakers. Ask any audiophile or check in the audio forums like AVS Forum or Audioholics and everyone will tell you to stay away from Bose as their products are overpriced junk. You can get much better sounding speakers for the same price or cheaper.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

getrdoneracing
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by getrdoneracing » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:33 pm

i really havent heard of klipsh speakers befor but after reading and watch some reviews on them i am highly considering them
GRD Racing!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Issden
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Issden » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:48 am

[quote="getrdoneracing";p="758769"]i really havent heard of klipsh speakers car navigation system befor but after reading and watch some reviews on them i am highly considering them[/quote]I am looking for latest model of computer speakers which brand and site should I appraoch?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

provoker
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by provoker » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:57 pm

i'd stick with 100$+ logitechs you cant really go wrong. bose are generally overpriced by ALOT. newegg.com   is also a good site to buy from

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dragonbat13
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by dragonbat13 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:52 pm

I use the Klipsch Pro 2.1 setup. Got it for 150 from best buy.  They live up to the Klipsch name.  Not as good as a set of Cornwalls or Lascalas, but your talking about their ultra high end speakers compared to a pair of computer speakers.  I used a set of altec speakers for a short while.  Go for the Klipsch if you can afford it.
Mark

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

donyms
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by donyms » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:24 pm

[quote="mordith";p="758764"]If you're looking for a really good 5.1 channel setup then I think the Logitech Z-5500 is probably your best option right now unless you can get some used Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra's for a good price. ?Otherwise Logitech has some cheaper 5.1 speakers you can choose from. ?

Otherwise if you have nowhere to put your speakers then I would recommend the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. I have those and they're the best sounding 2.1 speakers I've heard for a PC.

Also stay away from Bose speakers. Ask any audiophile or check in the audio forums like AVS Forum or Audioholics and everyone will tell you to stay away from Bose as their products are overpriced junk. You can get much better sounding speakers for the same price or cheaper.[/quote]

I agree, I have the Logitech 2.1 Z623 and i love them. Great sound and they have held up nice too, I have had mine for a year or so. Also, it is nice to see others that have not fell into the Bose trap. The only thing Bose is good at is marketing. I too am an audiophile.
[img]http://www.sleepyape.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/SC-Signature.png[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sharkey_t
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Sharkey_t » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:58 pm

thread from the dead lol

even though im sure the op has found some pc speakers in the last 3 1/2 years ill put my 2 cents in. ive got an older set of logitech 5.1s, they are z-530. old enough for analogue input, im gonna guess mid 2000s i got them. they have been pretty good, still sound great, shake the desk quite well.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links