bored outa my skull!

Use this forum for any non-R/C related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

bifftit
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

bored outa my skull!

Post by bifftit » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:22 am

well, we have gotten a considerable amount of snow the last week or so, temps have been from the 30's to the 20 below range for the last few months. my fleet of 15 trucks is now down to 8 and those are almost wore out from cleaning and maintenece. last time i ran a savage was back in november when i T-boned one of wifeys relatives pickup at full tilt, and dented the door and totally demolished the savage!
im getting cabin fever and the itch to go run Rc before my disability ends from VA and i go back to work (april) hopefully it warms up soon.
am collecting the parts to finish off my FLM build-aluminum skids, bumpers, bumper mounts , body mounts, orange LED lights and maybe will try to mount a non-stepped tank on it. also am looking at doing the ofna mod , and rear tie rod elimination on all my current trucks and doing a mod that uses the plastic ends from adjustable upper suspension arms to make steering tie-rods
 Novarossi 28-7rt is still up in the air. will not know if it is shot till we get warmer temps here. i did pick up a rebuild kit for it just in case, so its just like haveing 2 engines if it all works out, picco dont seem to be close to be broken in yet (maybe im just to nice to it)
 basement is almost ready to be sheet-rocked, still need to re-wire lights and run wire for outlets and do some other small stuff. i really didnt think i had it in me, i am not much into carpentry. but all is good i guess and pocket doors really suck BTW!!
 finially cranked up the miller welder a couple weeks ago and made a polisher stand out of some scrap i had lyin around, will need to redo it as its seems not too stable. ordered some cut steel yesterday to build me a welding table. that ought to keep me busy for a couple days and get me some more experience on MIG welding.
2007 HD Ultraclassic +trailor...2000 UMC groundpounder 113ci...2008 HD 1200C (wifeys ride)

SavageXL-Novarossi 28 or Lrp32
SavageX-Picco 28 or OS 30VG...
Flux HP-tekin T8/RX8
Oh, and Orange Crush!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ryan222
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Ryan222 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:34 pm

I agree man, sick of the snow and weather here too!!!
So Ready for summer!;)-
And as far as welding goes , building tables and shop tools is a perfect way to work ur skill level up;)
Give er *censored* man!
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_2898.gif[/img][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Additionalpylons
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Additionalpylons » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:33 am

I wish it would snow here, but that will never happen.  Right now I wish it was cooler outside its a little too warm in florida.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bifftit
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by bifftit » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:59 am

this post was last year. totally different this year. i wish this sub-zero would go away. its been pretty much +10 to -10 during the day and 0 to -50 here since early december. it just wont give up, man!!
2007 HD Ultraclassic +trailor...2000 UMC groundpounder 113ci...2008 HD 1200C (wifeys ride)

SavageXL-Novarossi 28 or Lrp32
SavageX-Picco 28 or OS 30VG...
Flux HP-tekin T8/RX8
Oh, and Orange Crush!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links