Where I have been.

Use this forum for any non-R/C related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

dragonbat13
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Where I have been.

Post by dragonbat13 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Just wanted to let everybody know that I dont plan on vanishing forever.  I really had high plans for this summer, but life just isnt letting things happen.  I have been busy with home improvements and catching up on household issues that I had been neglecting.  So I figured I would be responsible and fix everything around the house so I could concentrate on all the new parts when the time comes.

Fortunatly non of this time consuming stuff is bad, just alot of it.  Everything from installing a new dishwasher after ripping out cabinets to a transfer offshore and a shift to fourteen day hitches.

Hope to be around more in the near future though!

Take it easy.
Mark

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

iwaslikedayum
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by iwaslikedayum » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:00 pm

I'll be here rippin it up about an hour fifteen from you when you get ready.
There's got to be some good bashing from Beaumont to Orange somewhere.
[img]http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a526/iwaslikedayum/138981911153274_zps27f19f55.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LLkoolskillet
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LLkoolskillet » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 pm

Sometimes life happens :)

I'm so stressed out with work right now it's unreal. Throw in the 95f days with no ac. It just makes running these trucks not enjoyable IMO. It does release a lot of stress but man it's just so hot and humid here. That being said, work hard play hard dude.
[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/LLkoolskillet2/skillet1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dragonbat13
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by dragonbat13 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:39 am

[quote="iwaslikedayum";p="870441"]I'll be here rippin it up about an hour fifteen from you when you get ready.
There's got to be some good bashing from Beaumont to Orange somewhere.[/quote]

I am actually in Lake Charles.  But I agree with you.  One thing to look for is some dirt quarrys.  Right now from galveston to Lafayette is considered the busiest construction area in the United States.  So if you look there are tons of places where they are digging out dirt for construction work.  Look for dump trucks in caravans going the same route all the time, then follow them.  There is one close to my house, and another place where there is like a 30 foot hill of dirt.  I am sure they will let me mess around as long as there isnt any heavy equipment running close by.  

LL,  you and kidding its HOT.  thats another reason I havent been running.  Its been above 95 with over 60 percent humidity all summer.  Do you have squirrel cage fans at work?  Take one and blow it through a styrofoam ice chest with ice in it.  Cajun AC!  It works.
Mark

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LLkoolskillet
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LLkoolskillet » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:44 am

On the ship we would take ice and set it on top the fan cage and let it drip onto the fan blades. A free mister lol
The hanger I work in now, we only have two 36" fans. They take the edge off but don't drop the temp. We are however ordering two of those 65" fans with radiators that are supposed to significantly drop the temp. The longer you work in this heat the faster you become acclimated to it.
[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/LLkoolskillet2/skillet1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

WyldOne
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by WyldOne » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:05 am

At least yous are being kept busy or occupied. I'm jobless, I'm only 21 and just want to make a career in mining, but that isn't happening anytime soon.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dragonbat13
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by dragonbat13 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:26 am

[quote="LLkoolskillet";p="870447"]On the ship we would take ice and set it on top the fan cage and let it drip onto the fan blades. A free mister lol
The hanger I work in now, we only have two 36" fans. They take the edge off but don't drop the temp. We are however ordering two of those 65" fans with radiators that are supposed to significantly drop the temp. The longer you work in this heat the faster you become acclimated to it.[/quote]

I wish they would let us order those nice fans out here.  But it consumes too much potable water.  We cant waste water that way since it has to be boated in.  And they have one boat to top off about fifteen platforms.  

For me, if we get started early and its cool in the morning, I dont really notice the heat coming on as much.
Mark

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links