Bay Area, California bashers?

Searching for a track, bashing spot or just someone to ride with? Post your location here and see what's nearby.

Moderator: Moderators

EbbTide
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Bay Area, California bashers?

Post by EbbTide » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:42 pm

I just got back into the scene and I'd like to see if there are any bashers left in the Bay Area? Since this is a track/bash location section I'll list a couple of places I found recently that are supposedly RC friendly:

Calabazas Park in San Jose. It has three BMX dirt tracks open to the public without need for admission or parking fees. Just walk over on a sunny day (it can be closed at anytime for standing water though) and tear it up. I've heard that recently the jumps have been tailored more for racing so they are apparently lower than normal. (perfect for RC :-)

Baylands Park near Sunnyvale. Lots of open space to do top speed runs. Mostly flat ground but sounds like fun when nothing else is doable.
My MT: Savage X 4.6 AKA The Gamble
Upgrades:
-HPI Tuned aluminum pipe
-AKA Racing Truggy Wheels/tires

My SC: HPI Blitz AKA The Safe Bet
Upgrades:
-VXL Brushless system
-HPI Aluminum Steering Rack
-MKS DS1210 servo

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kytydad
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by kytydad » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi. Years ago I used to meet up with a bunch of guys in brisbane off the Sierra point parkway exit. They have some empty lots with dirt piled on them from when they were building office buildings out there. I Kinda lost touch when my kids were born, but I am looking to start getting back into it. When do you go out to bash? Also there is a place in foster city called the shells which I believe is a old bmx track that I've heard people sometimes go out to.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

EbbTide
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by EbbTide » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:32 pm

[quote="kytydad";p="855610"]Hi. Years ago I used to meet up with a bunch of guys in brisbane off the Sierra point parkway exit. They have some empty lots with dirt piled on them from when they were building office buildings out there. I Kinda lost touch when my kids were born, but I am looking to start getting back into it. When do you go out to bash? Also there is a place in foster city called the shells which I believe is a old bmx track that I've heard people sometimes go out to.[/quote]

Hey man it's great to see a local willing to bash around. For me I do it mostly on Thursdays since it is my day off during the work week. And of course on the weekends if family functions don't intervene.

I have heard of the Brisbane area and have been wanting to head out. Maybe once my buddy gets his 1/5 scale back up and running it'd be worth it to take the drive up there.

For now I go out to Baylands park in Sunnyvale for some mellow bashing as I am still getting back into the mode of driving RC's. There is also supposedly a very nice set of BMX tracks in San Jose at Calabazas Park, but I've been holding off because of the weather and they shut the tracks down at the slightest hint of rain lol. But I just got an electric short course truck so I can bash around now during the Winter so indoor tracks like NorCal Hobbies would be a good locale for Winter driving if you are up for meeting there sometime. .
My MT: Savage X 4.6 AKA The Gamble
Upgrades:
-HPI Tuned aluminum pipe
-AKA Racing Truggy Wheels/tires

My SC: HPI Blitz AKA The Safe Bet
Upgrades:
-VXL Brushless system
-HPI Aluminum Steering Rack
-MKS DS1210 servo

Link:
BBcode:
HTML: