building a 1 acre Monster truck coarse.

Searching for a track, bashing spot or just someone to ride with? Post your location here and see what's nearby.

Moderator: Moderators

realsickclown
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

building a 1 acre Monster truck coarse.

Post by realsickclown » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:14 am

Hello everybody I am new to the site. I am new to the hobby as well, in the spring I am going to cut out a very nice track and would like some in put as we have nothing here in KC,Mo. but a BMX track in Smithville,Mo. I am looking to have lanes 12'-14' wide and a nice 75' straight away as the main size will be 1/8 nitro. I just dont want to build a crap track. all ideas are welcome as i wont be starting the project till the spring
Move or I'll run over you.

Savage XL nirto on 25TVP's
Traxxas Rustler 3.3 nitro
Intech ERSC-10,full mods
Traxxas Slash 4x4 highly modified
Axial SCX10 73' Bronco full mods,Holmes Hobbies
Axial SCX10 Comanche
VXL MERV

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

realsickclown
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by realsickclown » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:18 am

it would be great anybody knew of some some great tracks that I coud use as refferances.

Intech ERSC-10,full mods
Axial SCX10 Comanche
VXL MERV

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ascender
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Ascender » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:09 pm

For monster trucks, just give the guys a good assortment of jumps, from rolling doubles and triples, to a big table-top, and at least a couple big-air hills. Bank your corners at the ends of the straightaway for maximum speed, and throw in some moguls and washboards on the small straights.

Also, put a high-jump ramp off to one side of the track, if you can.
[align=center][b]Black Cat II - Unleashed[/b]

[img]http://gonneville.smugmug.com/Hobbies/RC/Black-Cat-II/i-jPHSnrZ/0/O/IMAG0293-sig2.jpg[/img][/align]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

EbbTide
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by EbbTide » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Also, take a look at the track layouts from places around the country. A lot of them have images of their tracks available on their websites. Like you can check out NorCalHobbies.com and look at the way they setup their 1/8th off-road track. Then you have Amainhobbies.com that has a link in the top right corner called "tracks" and takes you to two different tracks called the Outback Raceway and Silver Dollar Raceway. Those are the three here in California and I know off hand and there are more, but you just gotta look. I think this would be a great way to see what different jumps you like and how you want to mix and match different sections of those tracks for your own.

Just a thought :-)
My MT: Savage X 4.6 AKA The Gamble
Upgrades:
-HPI Tuned aluminum pipe
-AKA Racing Truggy Wheels/tires

My SC: HPI Blitz AKA The Safe Bet
Upgrades:
-VXL Brushless system
-HPI Aluminum Steering Rack
-MKS DS1210 servo

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dragonbat13
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by dragonbat13 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Check out the NO LIMIT monster truck events across the country on YouTube.  For instance, you may want to consider a pulling lane with some nice, specific dirt for pulling.  And figure out how to make some sort of a sled.  They also build their tracks with the same layout as the Monster Jam 1:1 series.
Mark

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Synk
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Synk » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Its all about the combos. You dont want a double jump after a off camber hairpin. Or a whoops section just before a nice sweeping banked corner. Break the track into sections with 3 or 4 elements that work together then you can rearange the sections to work together.

I had trouble finding enough diffrent ideas from r/c tracks mostly because they are set up for buggys and truggys now. Check out some supercross tracks and just scale acordingly.
And to keep mt class happy and keep the truggys from taking over have a big air jump and a nice mud drag off to one side. It is hard to have a full mt class with a pure race track, they just dont handle as well. Having a reason to get someone to buy a mt is key to having a healthy turnout.
Draw up some plans and post them up for us!
savage x ss Lrp zr.30, octane cage and mod radio box, ofna mid tank 250cc, integy saver front/rear hubs, sv250 mod 3 spd, no mix arm throttle, hitec 5645 5625 servos, 4xbb 4xstd shocks w/35wt, flux drivetrain, 30k wt diff oil,  new era wing, tonys screws

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

realsickclown
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by realsickclown » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks,man I'll get to doing my homework. I'll post up some idea's when I can put them to paper

Intech ERSC-10,full mods
Axial SCX10 Comanche
VXL MERV

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links