Ez start, wiring question.

General Savage Discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

ChrisX
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Ez start, wiring question.

Post by ChrisX » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:35 am

I am getting a spektrum dx4r. The first spare does lights but for the second channel I want to rig the glow plug and starter motor off the second channel. I just want to check my wires. So the easy one first being the yellow or green one, earth do Will I need it. black one for neutral is easy leaving the blue and red one. Blue being the glow plug heater and red being the last wire to complete circuit to fire up the one way Bering motor. Do I just tie the red and blue together in the same channel so they come on together when the channel is used.
I Love To RIP It Up

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:53 pm

Are you trying to use the receiver pack to start the truck through the receiver? I don't think that you will be able to do that, although I may be wrong. I do not think the receiver will flow enough current to light the glow plug or spin the starter motor let alone both at the same time.
Any set up I have seen for remote starting uses a relay off the receiver to directly connect the battery to the starting system.

Black wire on the traxxas ezstart is starter motor negative, red is starter motor positive, blue is positive for the glow plug and the green/yellow is chassis ground, you will need it to complete the circuit for the glow plug. It sounds to me that you are thinking AC wiring, in DC there is only positive and negative, no neutral.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ChrisX
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by ChrisX » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:01 pm

I'm not sure, all I have seen is this YouTube video on an xl and wanted to do the same....
https://youtu.be/jdWqSAyK52Y
I Love To RIP It Up

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links