2005 NorthEast Bashfest JULY 9 thru 10th

General Savage Discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

2005 NorthEast Bashfest JULY 9 thru 10th

Post by Squid » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:59 am

Anyone up for a summer 2005 North-east bashfest? I can get the track at CRC again, or if anyone has access to a track or bashing area in the north-east that is a little more centrally located, post it here. Keep in mind that the location should have AC power and bathrooms, idealy. If attendance is high enough the hobby shop will be open for the duration of the event if it's held at CRC.
I want to get the ball rolling on this early so that plans can be made ahead of time. I am currently thinking of one of the last 2 weekends in July, or 1 of the 1st 2 weekends in August.

DATE is set, July 9th thru the 10th, the 10th will be a crc race day.

entry form
this must be submitted with prepayment, paypal must bring with you to the bash, all paypal MUST include your screenname..

there is a 15$ fee for prereg, after june 24th it becomes 20$

tshirts are iffy, this form must accompany payment so if tshirts can be gotten we have your size..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
new info

Ramada Inn
5920 Airport Rd
Oriskany NY 13424

Phone: 315-736-3377
Fax: 315-736-4080

Must give group name: Savage Central Bashfest

$89.00+ tax/night upto 4 per room, 2 doublebeds. You will need CC info when you call. All reservations MUST BE IN no later than 06-15-05.
Also specify if you need Fri and Sat night, or just Sat, I have it set up at the moment for both, so those that need Fri can get it.

Just a side note for the out of state people, NY has a No Smoking law for public areas. You can't smoke in the lounge, lobby or other public areas, Outside or in your room only. Smoking rooms are avaiable.
Last edited by Squid on Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Hiittman
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Hiittman » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:25 am

Where is it?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Hiittman
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Hiittman » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:27 am

Where is it?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:36 am

I forgot to include the location in the top post, sorry.
CRC Raceway is in central NY, about half way between Syracuse and Albany. There are directions to the track in the link. If the bashfest happens, it doesn't have to be there, but it seemed to work well last year, and hopefully it will be bigger this year.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JB
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by JB » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:39 am

I'm in Squid!!
My preference is the first week of August but I am open this early in the year.

JB
Captain Cartwheel
Stiff Yet Rubbery and Sparkely Fresh

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:05 pm

:D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

byardbasher
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by byardbasher » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:33 pm

I'm definitely in! We had a blast there last year. My screen saver is a slide show of all the pics I took last year at both the bashfest and the time I came up to race. It puts a smile on my face every time I see it. :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tbill
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by tbill » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:51 am

oh yeah 8)
savage #1 lrp z28, savage #2 mach .26, savage #3 wasp .26, savage #4 mach .26, savage X, Hellfire, GS storm,
2 nitro M/T's with a few mods, mini-T, 'magic wheels' Snap-On truck, xmod evo [firebird], LST2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:59 am

:lol: last years contestants have now all shown interest.. :D who else?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sgt-Sleeper
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Sgt-Sleeper » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:22 pm

Rome is about 3 hours for me... Would it be a weekend event? Is there roomin the parking lot if it is a weekend event or a campground in the area? SOund like a sweet idea to me... Get any magizines out there last year...rc action, friver etc? And do you do any organized racing or just bash and beat on the trucks?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:47 pm

in the bashers section is the review of last years with vids and such :D and no no mage, squid did set up a tent area at his familoy members house for us to camp at.. but only 4 of us showed.. 5 hr ride for me, :lol: so since i was the only far away person with no sunday plans we all headed home around dark.. really hope more people show up thi syear though.. we had all kinds of goddies to give away that the sc store donated..

ill dig up th elink to the thread and post it here..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:58 pm

crc raceway thread (has link to the original threadon this from last year)

results from 1st bashfest
has vids and photos in it

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:48 pm

I believe page 5 of the original thread has links or at least a list with phone #'s to local hotels and campgrounds. I can have room to camp at my parents place, but there is only 1 bath in the house, so if a bunch show there could be a bit of a prob there. I also have already asked at the hotel closest to the track, and we can get a group rate set up if there is enough attendance.

Also, I have been informed that as soon as the snow melts that the track is going to get a major overhaul, as it has been the same basic layout for the last 3 years and has gotten beat quite badly(this I can attest to.).

I'll be going to the track for carpet racing this thurs, if there is enough positive interest by then, I'll check on the dates available for the time frame I set out above. They have a 1 weekend a month Sunday series, and a Dash for cash that takes up an entire week end, so we are going to have to schedule around that. I will probably do the same as last year and have them set aside a date, and just have whom ever show up.

The cost of the days(or weekends) events will depend on what we want to do. The track has a full set up for racing including transponders(AMB setup for those with personals). But we didn't bother with that last year, we just basically beat the snot out of the trucks for a day being that only 5 showed. Almost forgot, there will be a radar gun this year also. As I said above I really hope for better attndance this year.

You guys keep me up to date on attendance, and I'll get the spot and get it organized.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

geniusgene
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by geniusgene » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:32 pm

yes.
1/5 scale FG Modelsport MT, Tricked out SS, Hpi Supernitro, Hpi Rs4 Racer, Kyosho 1/8 2wd nitro f1(classic), Tamiya F2001, Schumacher SST, Terra Crusher, Monster Pirate, Kyosho Bluestreak

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jditlfm
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Jditlfm » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:58 pm

This year i can drive their so im in ill be almost 17 by then. Has to be on a weekend tho. :D
Snitches get stitches!
http://members.cox.net/sfgascott/banners/MONOCHROMEBANNER.gif

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:08 pm

:? need to figure out a way to keep us off the hot plate with minors and possibility of them getting hurt and causing us a issue... thanks for bringing up your age as a reminder..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:39 am

Good point C, I'll ask about that when I talk to the track owner.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jditlfm
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Jditlfm » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:40 am

If you guys came up with some type of wavier i think that would be a good idea, I know my parents wouldnt have a problem signing it and will keep you guys out of being held accountable for anything i do. No a days i have to get a one signed for just about everything i do, boxing, racing my dirtbike, ect it's getting pretty bad. :cry:

Edit: I just thought of a new idea. Another way would be to make it manditory that any minor under the age of 18 bring his/her parent or gardian. That would probibly be the safest way but im not to sure if i could get my mom or dad to go, will see.
Snitches get stitches!
http://members.cox.net/sfgascott/banners/MONOCHROMEBANNER.gif

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:49 am

your edit is what i thought of also.. if they there then we know they approve, but then its same as last year where they no wanna come/take you, lets see what squid comes up with.. if anything a waver signed by gardiian thats notorized like car title should work and probally the only "approved" way to make sure they signed it..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

byardbasher
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by byardbasher » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:55 pm

OK, I know there's got to be a lot more SC members within range of this place. It's a 3 hour drive one way for me. I'm telling you, it's worth the drive. Meeting CRSMP5, tbill, Squid and other locals was great. The track is awsome. There's plenty of room to bash and for those that have never driven on a track before, well here's a chance to do it for fun with ZERO pressure. Heck, even tbill made it around the track a few times. :lol: Since my son was driving his racer last year, I did a lot of running around marshaling but this year I'll have my basher with me so I'll be showing you guys how bad a driver you can be with a Savage ( and I mean BAD not good ). The track was so much fun that my son and I made a trip on a regular race day to compete. It was worth the drive. Common, CRSMP5 even drove 5 hours. With over 12000 members, we should be able to get a few more from around here. :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links