Forum Rules EVERYONE READ update 02-20-07

General Savage Discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum Rules EVERYONE READ update 02-20-07

Post by Squid » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:15 pm

There have been several cases in the past of people starting arguements and flame wars, destroying other members threads. There is a set of rules that every member agreed to abide by when they joined. There was a box you had to check signifying that you agreed to the site terms of use. These can be found in the Announcements forum. There is also a thread about remote avitars, and language that needs to be read by all members.
I got a response from a member regarding somewhat over the top rules regarding conduct on ths site. I explained that we like to keep the site on a level where parents won't be offended that their 10-15 year old is reading through. There is a poll in the general talk forum somewhere about the ages of our members. Most were in the 10-15 year old group. I am not saying that everything has to be 100% politically correct, but there have been some things lately that are over the top regarding language use for thread titles. The word censors are put there by the Admin for a reason, and using *** or %#&@ to get around having *censored* put in your post is not allowed.
I personally like the way this site is run in general, and I think that keeping things PG or below is the way to go. There is no need to be swearing or anything just to get your point across.

I am going to leave this open to replies for the moment, but at the 1st sign of useless banter, whining, and argueing, I am going to remove all responses and lock it. Specific questions asking for clarification are not a poblem. Responses of "Not fair" or "This is crap" will cause the thread to be locked. If you don't want to post here and have a question, feel free to PM me.

EDIT 02-20-07:

I guess there are still a few members that like to snap and start throwing words around. Keep in mind, that all of you are guests here. This site is maintained and run on spare time from the Admin, Mods and members, and paid for by advertisers and member donations, if those aren't enough, the site owner cracks his wallet and ponies up the cash to keep the site on-line. If the small group of members that instist on spouting off and calling names and starting flame wars grows too big, there is a possibility that the core volunteers will no longer feel that the site is worth thier time, and the number of active members will decline rapidly. I have been on the site for 3 1/2 years, and I have seen it. There are members that used to be daily contributors, that are no longer seen except for rare occasions, and they are still in the hobby. I admitt, that if you have a Savage question, there is a 90% possibility that it has been asked answered and discussed atleast once in the forums already. I personally have no problem if the questions are posted again, I'll usually post a link to one of the other threads on the subject. It is alright to let a new member know about the search function, but not OK to belittle them for not using it.
Due to personal reasons, my time on-line is limited recently, but I still make an effort to log on and check things out here a couple times a week. I haven't run a Savage in almost a year, but I stick to this site for the fact that if I had not found SC, I would not be in the hobby still. The help I recieved here when I was a newbie litterally kept RC from being a hobby that I just never got into enough to stick with it.
Please look at my other posts in this thread regarding conduct on the site. If you have a problem with those rules, you are mostlikely one of the ones this edit is directed at. If you are one of those, and you have a problem with said rules, you have 2 choices. 1.Knock off the crap and continue to be a member. Or, 2. Leave the site either on your own or via being Banned. I have really had enough of having to play Kindergarden teacher and reprimand members for posting comments they would not say if the question was asked in person just because they can hide behind a keyboard.

Squid

EDIT
Also check out the sticky about proper avitar and sig pic (banner) sizing.
Last edited by Squid on Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MonsterMan
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by MonsterMan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:21 pm

Well said Squid... I'm with ya and the other mods 100%
Chris
Hpi Baja 5B Modded Hpi Baja 5T MAXXED OUT
[img]http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww353/monsterman--HBF/Forum%20Logos%20Banners%20Sigs/sawmmiemonstermansig.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jesse096
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by jesse096 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:32 pm

i am with you also squid. i think that keeping the site PG and below is the way to go.
[url=http://www.groundpoundersrc.com][img]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i252/jesse096/jesse0961jpeg.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.armbell.com/xtreamoffroader/index.php?mforum=xtreamoffroader]My forum[/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Horatio
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Horatio » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:41 am

Tbill

This whole site improved a great deal once a certain 'infamous' moderator got the 'long-over-due-elbow'.

To help keep things in perspective, in terms of offensive and anti-social forum behavior, this particular individual got away with such antics for far too long and caused more harm to SC's image than any other member I can think of. He was old enough to know better, too.

Thankfully, the current SC team seems far more willing to deal with such problems - keep up the good work. :D

It's a shame that a small number of threads sprial into a tit for tat argument, but as you pointed out, most SC members are in the 10-15 age bracket. It's this general lack of maturity that can result in a simple difference of opinion turning into a flame war.

But there's never any excuse to start hurling insults.

On occassion, I've entered into some fairly 'heated debates' myself :wink: but I tend to recall the following pearl of wisdom:

'Never argue with an idiot; he'll drag you down to his level and then beat you on experience'.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dreamer
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Dreamer » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:00 pm

I just joined and I'm 44 years old. I also would like this site to be about good clean fun with RC equipment. We don't don't need a bunch of adult drama on this site.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

281allan
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire
Location: squid said i cant display my ebay name its in violation with BST rules!!!lol

Post by 281allan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:47 am

im more of a rated R kinda guy!!
Last edited by 281allan on Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

akrc
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by akrc » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:08 am

I think you guys are doing a great job on the site, this hobby is all about having fun!!!
Savage .25
3 speed tranny
Panther T-150's
Hub adapters
Heavy duty metal gear servo's

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CajunYankee
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by CajunYankee » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:38 am

Well said Squid! I am a 34 year old fother of 2. My oldest son (12) is just getting into the hobbie with me and I'm sure will be researching and asking questions of the site within a few months. It is a comforting fact to know that you guys are doing your best to keep it clean and civil here. I am a member of a few Savage forums, but consider SC "home". We are all defferent and of different opinions, this is what makes us who we are. There is no need to argue or insult if somone does not see things your way.....there are plenty of other sites on the web for that. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
remember boys and girls: if it aint broke.....GET A BIGGER RAMP!!!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

backflip-boy
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by backflip-boy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:37 pm

Nice job keeping this site clean! :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mbxrb
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by mbxrb » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:14 pm

Why cant we all just get along,remember this is a hobby and its supposed to be fun.
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/mbxrb/mbxrb320.jpg[/img]
Never drive faster than what your guardian angel can fly,thats why I keep mine in the trunk.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Natedog
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Natedog » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:17 pm

Horatio wrote:Tbill

This whole site improved a great deal once a certain 'infamous' moderator got the 'long-over-due-elbow'.

To help keep things in perspective, in terms of offensive and anti-social forum behavior, this particular individual got away with such antics for far too long and caused more harm to SC's image than any other member I can think of. He was old enough to know better, too.

Thankfully, the current SC team seems far more willing to deal with such problems - keep up the good work. :D

It's a shame that a small number of threads sprial into a tit for tat argument, but as you pointed out, most SC members are in the 10-15 age bracket. It's this general lack of maturity that can result in a simple difference of opinion turning into a flame war.

But there's never any excuse to start hurling insults.

On occassion, I've entered into some fairly 'heated debates' myself :wink: but I tend to recall the following pearl of wisdom:

'Never argue with an idiot; he'll drag you down to his level and then beat you on experience'.

Yes, well put and thanks to Squid and all the other Moderators for keeping this a family PG or less type of site!!!

Nate
TheSavageNation

HPI Wheely King crawler build here: http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=69689

Check out my TLT-1 crawler build here:
http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=575939#57

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:11 am

It seems we have a few newer mambers that need to read this. Just a little bump to get the new message flag up.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fom
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by fom » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:52 am

this is a god idea, its funny cuz im been in like 3/4 of the flames wars and i made them bigger, so ill stop and i wont change words around to get out of the censors.

keep up the good work

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

insanerac3r
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by insanerac3r » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:00 pm

keep up the good work.
after all this hobby is for all ages , so the forums should be to.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mx752
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by mx752 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:45 pm

i dont see why any one would fight on a forum, its ment for discussing so lets just discuss not fight.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DustStorm
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by DustStorm » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:27 am

:lol: Right On we have to look after the next genaration to keep the hobbie alive and the Kids are it this is not a forum that really needs any hostillaty thats what the trucks are for to let out that rage. :twisted:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:22 pm

Original post has been edited. Everyone will know atleast one member this is aimed at. A polite PM to look this thread over isn't a bad idea if you would like to see those members stay on the site. A PM to me if they are out of line is confidential, no one except for the site owner will get info related to informaton on trouble makers sent to me.

Squid

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jesse096
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by jesse096 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:56 pm

Goof edit Squid. I haven't been on much in the last 8 months, but as soon as I started reading post's, I saw the trouble makers. Another little bump for the thread, to get the idea across.

-Jesse
[url=http://www.groundpoundersrc.com][img]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i252/jesse096/jesse0961jpeg.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.armbell.com/xtreamoffroader/index.php?mforum=xtreamoffroader]My forum[/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SAVAGE-1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by SAVAGE-1 » Sun May 06, 2007 3:29 pm

right on I know when speaking out loud i sometimes cant help swearing but when typing theres no reason you cant clean it up a little. Ive got a 5 year old nephew that im encouraging in the nitro hobby and as soon as hes old enough for his own computer he will be a member of this site. I think the site mods are doing a great job at keeping things up and I agree that what they say goes
Eddy Ellis

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

moto
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by moto » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:48 pm

The full set of forum rules seem to be missing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links