!!!Buyer Beware!!! - RC related shops to be wary of

General Savage Discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Hakka
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Re: !!!Buyer Beware!!! - RC related shops to be wary of

Post by Hakka » Sun May 13, 2012 2:01 pm

I have used JE Spares, Phils Hobby Shop and Modelsport UK without any problems. I have ordered alot of stuff and never had an issue. Just thought i would throw that in. Not really had a bad experience with Ebay, buy all my spare parts from there aswell.
[img]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u406/NizmoBrum/sigcopy.jpg[/img]

[b]Savage X[/b] - LRP .32 Spec 2, Goliath Tyres, Integy 51t Spur, Integy 20t CB, Full LED, Integy Braces, Yellow Alloy Shox, Skullz Shock Sox, Ansmann Racing Exhaust, Tonys Bolts

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageRS30
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by SavageRS30 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:20 pm

[quote="Hakka";p="840108"]I have used JE Spares, Phils Hobby Shop and Modelsport UK without any problems. I have ordered alot of stuff and never had an issue. Just thought i would throw that in. Not really had a bad experience with Ebay, buy all my spare parts from there aswell.[/quote]

Those are great shops all of them...I have bought alot of parts. I have nothing bad to say.

Worst shop is NEW ERA Models...I bought Savage HSV146 conversion kit and custom flywheel for CEN  7.5cc engine on February 2012...I NEVER GOT those parts !!!!

Only explanation what I got from mr.Frank Simone was that he was forgot my order...so much work with they new site etc ect. After that he promised send the parts as soon as possible, but I never got those.
All emails was destroyed when the hard drive of PC destroyed. They didn

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Burt111
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Burt111 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:46 pm

I had a fallout with my hobby shop,
I waited 2mths. for a simple fix on my lrp,when i got the engine i fired it up and it was like the way i sent it,
I could take no more ,i sent a sharp email to see what was going to be done,
And the shop blamed me!!! I cant open an engine ,yet they said i had,
they told me they would not repair for me again,
And now im upset at the whole story,
I emailed a sincere apology to them,
Im 44 and dont want  bad vibes from anyone in this hobby.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

s2022
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by s2022 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:16 am

Paid for a 1520 motor from a seller nick named gotboostedvr6, from another forum and never got my motor. I will refrain from mentioning the real name as I see is irrelevant.

Any way had couple of emails with him,  it was always" I'll go to the post office and sort it out tomorrow" and then suddenly no reply,  even after emailing reminders again and again.  This was March 2012.

Couldn't raise an issue with paypal as the 45 days were over while i was waiting on his promises. Lesson learned, always paypal, even if seller looks decent file a claim couple of days before the 45 days are over, keep claim open till you get your stuff. It shouldn't hurt anyone, give the proper feedback later depending on where you are buying from.
[color=blue]Regards
RCS2022[/color]
[color=blue][i][url=http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=93732]Savage Flux XL; Mamba XL2; 1717; Custom CD; Mech Brakes[/url][/i][/color]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

badluckman
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by badluckman » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:31 am

Another one is YALLSTORE on eBay.   I ordered a charger from them.  He sent tracking that day.  The item was never delivered to me. His emails are computer generated.  Supposedly he said if I give him another 10 for shipping he would send another.  I sent it to him then he would not answer my email at all or send tracking.  It is now a month later and I still have no charger.  Plus they are in New jersey and I am in ny.  So should have had it pretty quick.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tweaked
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Tweaked » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Anyone know anything about TheborderOnlineRcshop.com or Fischelshobbyctr.com

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

gablett
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by gablett » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:25 pm

Active power sports is pretty shady. Ordered 3 parts. Couple days later they shipped. Once I got them it only contained 1 part. Emailed them as they have no phone number and no reply. Couple days later emailed again with a little harsher time and got a refund for the 2 parts and no explanation. After reading a but about them it appears they don't order the parts until u order them and if they can't get them they just don't send them. Which is what appears happened here. But if I had not emailed they probably would have kept my money. A normal person would send u a message that your order shipped but not completely and explain when u can expect the rest. Not these guys. Don't buy!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

I_Like_Nitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by I_Like_Nitro » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:19 pm

RPM will not honor their warranty. Read their warranty and the tone of it is just the beginning if you ever have to deal with them. I bent a Losi 810 a-arm after less than 10 tanks (while never having a single issue after four gallons with the stock). I called to let them know--not even askinf

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MShark
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by MShark » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:05 pm

The only RPM product I've ever bought from them was the skid plate. I think that skid plate is a must on our savage. The 2 braces that anchor the skid plate in place also re-inforces the chassis.

After reading about the arms not having a good fit and not being able to accomodate the sway bars, I never thought twice about
ever buying them.
Looking for well modded truggy/buggy, PM me! Also maybe Savage X/XL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

gablett
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by gablett » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:16 pm

[quote="I_Like_Nitro";p="881551"]RPM will not honor their warranty. Read their warranty and the tone of it is just the beginning if you ever have to deal with them. I bent a Losi 810 a-arm after less than 10 tanks (while never having a single issue after four gallons with the stock). I called to let them know--not even askinf

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

I_Like_Nitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by I_Like_Nitro » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Yeah. It was the smugness that I could not believe. Then when he alluded to the fact I was lying...I thought "oh *censored* knawl". I do agree about the skid plate but it's not cutting edge. I know many people who made some just as good.

Ironically when I bent the a arm I was racing Sy-Vage and his fully stock Savage and collided with him.

RPM should learn just as word of mouth helps their business it can hurt it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

racingluxury
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by racingluxury » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:16 am

Has anyone heard or ordered from this site?

http://ebayhpirccar.com/

their stuffs are dirt cheap! I find it strange that they only take Western Union or wire transfer even though there's a big-o logo that they take PayPal and on some screens they take credit card as well but you can't use those options to check out. Wth?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Squid » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:54 am

Any online sale that only takes Western Union or wire transfer = run as fast as you can!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

racingluxury
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by racingluxury » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:27 am

[quote="Squid";p="883828"]Any online sale that only takes Western Union or wire transfer = run as fast as you can![/quote]

I emailed them in that issue and was told the amount is too small to use PayPal. lol what a scam giveaway!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

chooched
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by chooched » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:04 am

Have a pretty big issue with RC Planet this last week.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

I_Like_Nitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by I_Like_Nitro » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:51 am

I've head some bad stories about RC Planet lately. I know they are legit (I bought a kit from them once) but they have been getting some really bad reviews lately.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links