Need a new truck and help deciding

General Savage Discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

iveybud
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Need a new truck and help deciding

Post by iveybud » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:31 pm

Hi all, well to start I have an older Savage 25, runs ok needs some tuning etc. thinking of getting a new truck tired of the breakdowns on the old truck (I am awar things will break on the new on as well).

Anyways few questions
1. Losi LST,  LST2, or Savage X        ( I also know there may be some bias towards the Savage here lol )
2. Are parts from the Savage 25, interchangeable with the Savage X?

Oh yes and I am a basher, run it hard and put it away, fix it when it breaks but thats about all I have time for.

All Opinions welcome.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xtremesavage
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by xtremesavage » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:44 pm

savage 25 & savage X are completly interchangable,

"Oh yes and I am a basher, run it hard and put it away, fix it when it breaks but thats about all I have time for"

get a savage, no qeustion, the toughest truck built.
[img]http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n403/xtremesavage/newsig.png[/img]
Share knowlegde,,,Dont brag!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Iguy
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Iguy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:52 pm

I have and lst and it is a lot of fun. the handling on it is way better than the savage. both the lst's and the savage are great trucks. both will hold up to some heavy bashing. a majority of parts are interchangeable between the old and new models of the savage so if you got another savage it would be easier to maintain. If you want something new and different than get the lst 2. if you want something a little cheaper and easier to maintain since you already have the parts then get the savage. both are great and you will have fun with both. Also make sure you want two trucks. I bought this lst and I haven't run it much just because I like something about the savage more. you will have to buy more parts, more fuel, and everything will be two times more. I thought I would like it but for me it just isn't right because they are too similar. if you want a nice condition lst 2 I would sell it to you. just my thoughts.
[img]http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr186/savageman28/SC-Banner-final-8-13.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sharkey_t
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Sharkey_t » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:03 am

honestly, pull the savage right apart and go through it completly and upgrade problem areas, and spend the money on upgrading what you have instead of spending a pile on a new truck. or first at least try to sell what you have, then buy a new truck. honestly, its not worth having 2 of the same type of vehicle unless your racing. i have 2 touring cars and there is no point to itm they drive simular and i only end up running one.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Mr_sexy
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Mr_sexy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:15 am

If i was you i would get the lst 2, if you already have a savage whats the point of buying another one. try some thing new.
I love my big, nitro guzling baby!!!
WHEN IN DOUBT, C4

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/Mr_sexy69/savagexl010-1.jpg?t=1235288758

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

88gtanotchback
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by 88gtanotchback » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:34 am

i disagree.  i love my savages i had a 25 X and XL and i sold the 25 and miss it.  lol i say the more the merrier.  i love witching parts fixing and driving.  when you got three you can have two in surgery and still one to trash!  but im kinda a nut like that.  i think i might make do with two otherwise ill be looking for a new girlfriend. :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

newguyutah
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by newguyutah » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:29 pm

[quote="88gtanotchback";p="707827"]?i think i might make do with two otherwise ill be looking for a new girlfriend. :P[/quote]

:D hehe my g/f's family is who got me into this whole thing .. and now we talked her into getting one :D so until she gets sick of it . happy bashing for me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

88gtanotchback
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by 88gtanotchback » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:45 pm

lol lucky guy.  i bought a micro t to try get my girlfriend into it but she just says its cute and doesnt use it.   :roll:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

iveybud
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by iveybud » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Thanks guys, I was thinking of striping the old 25 a rebuilding but since the parts can be used on the X I will be taking anything worth some cash off the old truck (like the new servo) put the used parts back on it and sell it, using the $ for a new truck. Main reason I'm figuring I'll get all rebuilt and have to do the tranny or motor next at big bucks. So if I get a $300 for the old one I just need another $300 for the new one. IMO I don't see the need to keep 2 + trucks the same on hand, I can wait if it goes down for repair but would just like a bit more reliability.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

toysoldier
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by toysoldier » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:38 am

im with 88 ive got a x4.6 rtr and x.4.6 ss i am already looking for another specially for parts. I run both my trucks one is called bob and the other marley.

Depends what you do and what you like. I maintain my trucks very well so it doesnt break as often if one does break I fix it when I have money and still run the other. I dont have alot of time on my hands mostly sundays but thats enough for me. Rest of the week I clean them and work on them.

I dont have tracks around me but if i did I would have a racer aswell

Stick with savages dude you cant go wrong.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links