New HPI Battery Box

General Savage Discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Stew
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

New HPI Battery Box

Post by Stew » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Greetings all!!  I wonder if there is anyone around here that still even remembers me?  I've been out of the game for a few years, but about a year or so ago started to get back into it.

Anyway, just finished building a Savage XL based 5T conversion, and ordered the Flux Battery Boxes (HPI Part# 100908) and upon arrival, they immediately looked very different from my old Flux boxes.  Upon further investigation, These are the new boxes for the Flux 5SC.  

This is now a shared part number between the Flux 5SC and the Savage Flux, which is no big deal really, I feel the design is substantially better.  My only complaint is that now you ALSO need HPI Part# 106743 to keep the dang boxes shut!

Luckily I had some Velcro laying around so for now it will work until the the new clamps get here, but this is slightly annoying because the old HPI part# 100908 at least came with everything you needed to hold the boxes closed.  Now, not so much.

SO just a warning to all you flux owners, if you order replacement boxes for your Savage flux, you may get these new ones and have to either use Velcro, or order part# 106743

Here are some pictures

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links