Westlock, Alberta's newest Brushless RCMP Interceptor

Tips or questions about painting should be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

vandodger
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Westlock, Alberta's newest Brushless RCMP Interceptor

Post by vandodger » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:55 pm

hey SC, gonna show off my new slash body on my savage XL Flux; but first a short story as to the colour scheme.

This last summer I was doing some 4S speed runs with my savage, nothing too, too crazy just trying to keep the beast under control at full throttle when out of the blue the local Peace Officer whipped around the corner with his lights on and pulled over right beside where I was standing.
Peace Officer: "Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"
At this point I thought he was getting as much of a kick out of my driving as I was... how wrong I was!
note: I always try to be as polite and helpful as i can with law enforcement, I've gotten out of a few tickets by being polite and acting dumb! lol
Me:"No sir I have no idea!" big dumb grin on my face cuz I'm too cheap to invest in a radar gun or gps.
P.O.:"I'm writing you a ticket for doing 85km/h in a 50 zone"
SERIOUSLY!!!!!???
Me:" Ok... um, can I make a quick phone call please?"
The peace officer looked at me for few seconds like I was a D.A. but let me make the phone call.
I made a quick phone call to the local RCMP detachment here in Westlock, where I'm from and got in touch with a very R/C friendly whom I've dealt with on a couple different occasions; discussed nitro vs brushless, lipo batteries etc. within  minutes a genuine RCMP cruiser pulled in behind the peace officer also with his lights on. and authoritatively walked over to where the peace officer and i were standing.
RCMP to the P.O.:"Mind if I ask why you have stopped this gentelman?"
P.O.:"I pulled him over because he was doing 85 in a fifty zone"
RCMP:"So are you going to ask for his licence, insurance, and registration?"
P.O. (he was getting kinda cocky at this point):"No, because it's not considered a vehicle under the Alberta Motor Vehicles Act..."
RCMP"...so under the same act you cant give him a speeding ticket either!"
at this point the peace officer said something under his breath and tore up the ticket. he climbed into his cruiser slammed his door and sped off!

long story short: you cant legally get a ticket with your savage for ANYTHING that is covered under your local motor vehicle laws because:    AN R/C CAR IS NOT A MOTOR VEHICLE!

anyways here's a pic of Westlock's newest Interceptor!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rumpity_z28
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by rumpity_z28 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:17 am

haha thats a great story! Love the truck too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

pipedup
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by pipedup » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:42 pm

That is an. Awesome story, one of my employees lives in Westlock and he said that PO is a total dick. He figures since you humiliated him that he will be laying for you so maybe better be sure to not give him a reason to ticket you for real now. I have had 2 officers kick me off the street before saying I was causing a huge distraction? This was on a quiet street with 1 vehicle passing everry once in a while.
I got banned for being an idiot

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vandodger
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by vandodger » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:25 pm

the actual rcmp officers in westlock are actually pretty open to the rc trucks, especially the electric ones as they dont make any noise. one cop in particular got a HUGE kick out of my buddy's Baja 5b ss. we offered to let him drive and he almost took us up on the offer but he said another time cuz he was still on the clock. lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Purenitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Purenitro » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:52 pm

I'd take the ticket, could you imagine the look on the judges face when you fight it, and how stupid the PO would look in public LMAO I'd pay money to watch that :lol:
Click for Performance Tuning Guide
[url=http://www.extremercmods.com/?page=tuning][img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l291/purenitro/National.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/purenitro?feature=mhsn][b][size=150]Videos[/size][/b][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

nitronewbiex46
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by nitronewbiex46 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:40 pm

hahaha thats funny.  I would have thought he was joking!
-mike

[color=orange]Savage x 4.6[/color]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links