Best throttle servo and clutch

Post your racing related tips and questions here.

Moderator: Moderators

ASBURY
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Best throttle servo and clutch

Post by ASBURY » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Guys need an opinion I purchased a new savage xl has not hit the ground at all. Had some work done by robin on my picco and also purchased his ercm pipe. 1. I am wondering what do anyone recommend for the throttle servo upgrade. I am in the process of upgrading to a bullet proof transmission. lookin at the  Hitec HS-8380TH High-Res Ultra-Torque TG Coreless Servo  and Ofna Servo Linkage Kit Purple. will be running only 30%werks fuel.
Looking at dynamite max life clutch shoe but which one? I also am looking at mugen 1mm and 1.1 should i use 2*1.1 and 1*1.0 clutch spring.
What about the shim kit clutch bells. If there is any more suggestions I am open. Just want this to be bullet proof as possible. Will be running stock remote until I decide to upgrade to another one. Any suggestion?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LLkoolskillet
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LLkoolskillet » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:39 am

I run the Savox SC1257 servos on my ERCM piccos and there lightning fast. 0.07sec @6v but I run 7.4v so it could be faster lol.

As for clutch shoes, I run the integy 7075 kit and the integy evo 7075 kit. They last on average 2-3 gallons of heavy abuse. Cant complain for $20. I have tried Maxlife shoes and they lasted less than 20min each time. If you want the clutch to last long use the 0.9mm springs, if you want a little longevity and pop off the line use the 1.0mm springs, if you want a shorter life but lots of pop off the line use the 1.1mm springs. I find that with ERCM power 0.9mm springs still give lots of pop off the line ;) You can use the OFNA CB shim kit as well.

I use these CB bearings and there a great price and metal shielded

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_inf ... earings-10

The radio, I used to run the Spectrum 2.0, not a bad radio in its day, then went to the Flysky FS-gt3b, but now run the Futaba 3PL and love it. Killer features and range with lots of model memory.
[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/LLkoolskillet2/skillet1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LeroyX
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LeroyX » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:09 pm

That hitec servo you mentioned would make a good steering servo (with all that torque) but is too slow IMO for throttle. The savox 1257 that LL mentioned is great and I run the savox 1258 and it is good as well.
[hr][i][b]Savage XL[/b] Clocked Picco Boost 28, ERCM end bleed, Bullet Proof 3spd with high spd 3rd, Hellfire 150 tank, OFNA throttle mod, Big Bores and lots of other stuff my wife doesnt know about...
[b]Savage XS[/b]- rolling on 2.8 Traxxas Talons[/i]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LLkoolskillet
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LLkoolskillet » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:24 pm

Oh I run the savox 1257 as my throttle servo but for steering I only run Hobbico cs170 tg. A truely bulletproof servo as far as I'm concerned. Two of mine are 4 yrs old too
[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/LLkoolskillet2/skillet1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links