RCMA Savage-Only Race class.

Post your racing related tips and questions here.

Moderator: Moderators

TEAMRCMA
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

RCMA Savage-Only Race class.

Post by TEAMRCMA » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:20 am

The newly formed Radio Controlled Motorsports Association is planning to create a Savage-only race class for our first full race season SPRING (2010).

We are trying to get as much input from savage owners about how to put this class together.

The idea is that people just don't tend to race the savage because it is too easily outrun by race-breed vehicles. (even of other scales) We feel the savage is a unique vehicle, like the Baja, and deserves its own class.

The goal is to keep other "race-bread" vehicles off the track and let the Savage run as it was intended, as a Monster -truck; possibly with some track "improvements" for added challenge.

Of course, we have been in touch with HPI about the class.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

To learn more about RCMA and the Savage class visit www.rcmotorsports.org

Thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xtremesavage
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by xtremesavage » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:11 am

I suggest savagesam isnt allowed to race, he runs his savage better than most can run a truggy. LOL just kidding

I love the idea of savage only racing,,,,

just keep it more towards a stock savage, some savage's arnt really monster trucks, they are more truggy than monster truck.
[img]http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n403/xtremesavage/newsig.png[/img]
Share knowlegde,,,Dont brag!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

toysoldier
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by toysoldier » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:41 am

I agree with xtreme, it should be kept as stock as possible to keep it a fair challange and fun... If it will come to S.A I would race.

Has to be over certain weight;
Tires should be allowed to change;
Exhaust and stuff like that;

Good idea, as you said Savages are in a class of its own..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

5AVAG3
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by 5AVAG3 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:19 am

Just an idea.........Not a serious Idea............but I reckon an all out race bash, like a race crossed with demolition derby, the last truck left on the track wins ,because it's the car able to do the most lap.

That way other truck brands can join in and there would be a tactical spin to the race.

Although it would be an expensive race/bash at the end of the day.

Maybe not then.

:)
[b][i]MA1N5T....BASH it without boundaries.[/i][/b][img]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5158/5avagesignature.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG1Thz0vqSI]The MA1N5T custom buggy cage in action.[/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Savage01085
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Savage01085 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:36 am

[quote="xtremesavage";p="719440"]I suggest savagesam isnt allowed to race, he runs his savage better than most can run a truggy. LOL just kidding

I love the idea of savage only racing,,,,

just keep it more towards a stock savage, some savage's arnt really monster trucks, they are more truggy than monster truck.[/quote]

I think this would be the only fair we to do it if you are going to make a separate class. This is what they do with the Slash class, but even the Slash has 2 classes now, stock & modified. I have seen a driver take first in stock and with the same one take 3rd against the modifieds
  Back to the Savages I have seen a drastic down turn in the monster truck class at my track I am always the only Savage and there is not usually enough for a full class. So we wind up with a mixed class, 2-3 brushless Revos?, a Revo 3.3 an occasional T-Maxx, there is a faithful Associated SC8 that is there we have even had a brushless truggy thrown in with the MT's a few times, (he races buggy now).
Good luck

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

toysoldier
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by toysoldier » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:25 am

demolition drerby might not work but getting style points for flips, awards for worst driver, slowest driver, most insane driver, that might take.

Hee hee.

2 classes can be good stock and modified, good idear...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

revodominator
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by revodominator » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:52 am

i think it would be a good idea. you would have to have a modified class and a stock one though. because driving the stock truck gets booring after a while lol :roll:

i would race in that class sometimes but i kinda like racing with the revos and lst2s 8)
Last edited by revodominator on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/TamaraStrang/savagexrevodominator-1.jpg[/img]

revos are made to be crushed by savys

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Savage01085
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Savage01085 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:52 am

I like the demolition idea, put an X in the middle of the track and look out it's carnage time  :twisted:. 30 maybe 50 laps last truck rolling or most laps wins!!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

revodominator
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by revodominator » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:58 am

make sure you bring a broom and dust pan though. :cry: a savage demolition derby would be some serious carnage  :lol:  :rofl:
[img]http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/TamaraStrang/savagexrevodominator-1.jpg[/img]

revos are made to be crushed by savys

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

-SavageSam-
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by -SavageSam- » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:01 am

Now thats a great idea, i must say that i have raced a savage a little bit and its un true what people say about the trusty hpi savage, they can run with the race bread monster trucks & even novice truggy's if they are set up right and the driver has good good skills....

I would love to take a stock savage out on the track and have a blast againstother trucks, the down side is that these trucks do roll over if they are not lowered, there are a lot of small mods that improve the truck that dont show to the un trained eye also....

Im on my 4th gen race bread savage at the minute after having a savage x ss racer, flm savage racer, flm extended savage racer and now the carbon fiber super savage that is tearing up the track each and every week end, GOOD LUCK WITH THE EVENT, SavageSam out
- HB BCE D8 - HB BCE D8T - HB HHH VE8 - HPI BLITZ -
- http://www.rcgarage.com - Team RCG Driver -
- http://www.youtube.com/savagexsam - Video's -
- http://www.bocabearings.com - Team BOCA Driver -
- http://www.extremercmods.com - Team ERCM Driver -

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TEAMRCMA
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by TEAMRCMA » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:46 pm

Glad to see support for a "stock-class" the difficulty is achieving a balance between stock and the extreme mods one can have for the savage. As of now we imagine "stock" to mean a motor class that is roughly equal to stock, topping out at the 5.9. and a relatively stock-style chassis. No flat pan mods or huge deviations from stock.

BTW; One race mod that helps a great deal with roll-over is the Savage XL extended axles. This tames the X nicely without need to lower the motor.

Ken

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Iguy
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Iguy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:02 pm

I like this idea a lot but there isn't a track in my town and even if there was I doubt it would come to little old Hood River Oregon.
[img]http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr186/savageman28/SC-Banner-final-8-13.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

PLUH
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by PLUH » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Excellent idea, just to bad it wont fly in SA. Only classes here is truggies and buggies.
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/4-Why/Sig-1.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xtremesavage
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by xtremesavage » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:49 pm

[quote="Iguy";p="719486"]I like this idea a lot but there isn't a track in my town and even if there was I doubt it would come to little old Hood River Oregon.[/quote]

I copied & pasted this from their website

No track in your area? No problem!

RCMA Field-Course is the off-road equivalent of on-road lot racing. Field course allows clubs to organize official races and events in a
variety of settings like parks and private lots. The goal is to make racing action available at the neighborhood level for racers of all ages,
particularly where a track does not exist. See "How it works" below.

How it works:

Clubs determine their own race rules and publish them on their RCMA affiliate page where race participants may readily access and review
them. RCMA then recognizes and supports the rules as binding for that event. The Club race director will maintain ultimate authority over
the event as usual. An RCMA representative will attend the race as an observer and to present awards.

RCMA will work with the club, track and shop hosts to promote their affiliate events, tracks and shops.

What do clubs do?

Your club can continue to do what it does with the added benefits of RCMA affiliation.

New clubs can develop around their own interests. ie. Lot racing, Field course, crawling, vintage, monster-truck etc.

Clubs are encouraged to hold special public events that increase awareness of the hobby/sport, particularly Field-Course.
[img]http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n403/xtremesavage/newsig.png[/img]
Share knowlegde,,,Dont brag!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TEAMRCMA
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by TEAMRCMA » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:53 pm

PLUH wrote: "Excellent idea, just to bad it wont fly in SA. Only classes here is truggies and buggies."

Xtremesavage is right; (web clip) Its about taking the initiative.

PLUH, you may want to check out the RCMotorsports web site. Rather than "wait for something to come" RCMA works best when "YOU" making it happen in your area.

You can form a local club and RCMA will help you get the event going. That is if you have the motivation.

The whole idea behind RCMA is to end the reliance on having others decide for us what is viable and what is not.

"If you build it they will come".

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Iguy
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Iguy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:24 pm

wow thats really cool. now if only I could find people in the area with trucks!! hmmmmm?!?!?!
[img]http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr186/savageman28/SC-Banner-final-8-13.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Mr_sexy
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Mr_sexy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:30 am

They should not have it as a straight savage class but have it so its in the favor of the savage. like puting bigger ruts, jumps and every thing else that the savage tackles better than any other truck.
I love my big, nitro guzling baby!!!
WHEN IN DOUBT, C4

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/Mr_sexy69/savagexl010-1.jpg?t=1235288758

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SniperFC
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by SniperFC » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:45 am

Just create a track layout that makes race mods a disadvantage.

This like placing 3-4m of 50-100mm stone bed along a straight of the track and put in some really big jumps the kind that would bottom out and damage a true race class. this would make it a little more tactical chosing the right setup for the track it's self. Possible make alternate routes like a short cuts that involves risky driving that could know you out of the race for good (a long jump of an existing bit of track, if you don't make it you land back on the track behind everyone else)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

devious1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by devious1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Not to bring up a dead topic and im sorry about this...
But what ever happened to this topic? as i can see it died....
There is also a new track in sheboygan wi, track looks to be a decent track for a savage as well as a 5b for the 1/5th scale track...
Just curious...
Insert Witty Signature Here______________

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links