Coming out on top.

Post your racing related tips and questions here.

Moderator: Moderators

HippyGuy
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Re: Coming out on top.

Post by HippyGuy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:07 pm

well yea, i had to factor in that i cant change the position of the diff cup.  so i could only only move the front of the engine downward, it doesnt do much for the engine, but like i said it moves the tranny down about half an inch all together. and all of the diff are still able to meet in the middle even with the angles.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HippyGuy
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by HippyGuy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:25 pm

If i cant find the time to arrange to cut out some TVPS, ill more than likely get the carbon fiber standard tvps.

i sat my truck aside with intentions to sell it to fund my bus but i promised myself id keep it to tinker with on rainy days. (fixes and upgrades)

I took it out today and decided to finally clean up the shock towers i shaved down. Check out what i did. its still very solid and even lowers the body mounts 1 more notch (the lowest it can go with stock parts)
Thicker shock oil. 60w i think.. with hpi purple stiff shocks. i was thinking about having 4 shocks in the rear and only 2 in the front so that i could eliminate my body roll. having only 4 shocks, this thing rolled too much even with stiff chocks and thick oil..
drilled lower holed for lcg shock mounts. allows my lowest resting position (shocks fully compressed) to be about 2-3cm from the ground.
new losi tires that were a pain to get on hpi rims.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links