Big Dawgs Savage project/build

Not your average Savage Hop ups. These are highly modified, with some home-made parts.

Moderator: Moderators

Bigdawgsavage
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Big Dawgs Savage project/build

Post by Bigdawgsavage » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:51 am

hey guys kinda new to the forum and thought i would come in and stroll.. in the meantime i thought i would share my project savage and how its become one of my favorites.. ive always been that guy that buys trucks and mods them and just sells them before i even get to drive them... well this one is different.. i have been into rcs for over 15 years and ive had everything from boats, planes, cars/trucks, nitro, electric to gas powered 1/5 scales.. and over the years i have come attached to the savage line of trucks..so i think im going to keep this one and just make it the way i want.. about 3 years ago i got out of rcs to get into another hobby of building atvs and sleds... well dang it. i been missin out lol.. atvs and sleds are cool but these things never seem to get old to me.. so one day an old buddy of mine called me and asked me what i would suggest for his first rc and i had him sold on the savage, so with him buggin me to help him, made me want another, so here it is...

Last edited by Bigdawgsavage on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
hpi savage x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Timmy-au
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Timmy-au » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:03 am

Nice idle sound on the vid!
I can't see any images on my ipad, none of the links work..... :(

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bigdawgsavage
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Bigdawgsavage » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:59 am

Sorry timmy they should all work now. I just had to fix it cause i moved the pics to a different folder and they wouldnt work anymore. Thanks for the comment btw.. I like this pipe better then any other pipe i have ever had. I dont know if this is why but the idle is ao much smoother and the power is just there when u go to squeeze the throttle. I can tell its going to be very reaponsive
hpi savage x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bigdawgsavage
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Bigdawgsavage » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:56 pm

So.. After messin with the savage some more this weekend the picco boost finaly came in the mail and just looking at the motor i thought.. The *censored* with the lrp i had to have the picco boost on my truck, so that being said here are some pics..

The beast:

Installed:

Once i got the motor and pipe installed i had to mess with some things in the suspension to get the truck to my liking as i wait for a glow plug considering i didnt buy one with the motor so now i have to wait... Boring... So i thought id try the method of using fuel line under the shock pistons to lower is a lil.

Last edited by Bigdawgsavage on Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hpi savage x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LLkoolskillet
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LLkoolskillet » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:27 am

I can't wait to see some video of it bashing. You'll enjoy the motor and pipe combo very much
[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/LLkoolskillet2/skillet1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bigdawgsavage
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Bigdawgsavage » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:25 pm

I know man lol how do u think i feel rigt now. I got the truck, motor, pipe, fuel and all the help i need from u and no glow plug lmao. This sucks..
Last edited by Bigdawgsavage on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hpi savage x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bigdawgsavage
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Bigdawgsavage » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:19 pm

more parts come in today.. got the sway bars in, and got a 3 speed transmission but i think i want to wait on the 3 speed for now until i get to try the new engine on the 2 speed
Last edited by Bigdawgsavage on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hpi savage x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bigdawgsavage
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Bigdawgsavage » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:09 am

Got some pretty good runtime today on the boost.. I am loving this mill more and more. Tank 5  and 6

http://youtu.be/TQliVhd3zNA
http://youtu.be/zpGNksuiwLw
hpi savage x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bigdawgsavage
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Bigdawgsavage » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:53 pm

hey guys, havent been on the site much lately been busy with work but im still messin with the savys.. i actually got another one in the shop and have been working on it.. its an older model but its like new.. this one is a savage 21 with a nitrostar 21 bb 3.5 in it and let me tell u.. it is clean.. pulled the truck apart for a good cleaning, which wasnt much because i dont think its had more then a few tanks run through it.. i got this truck for free from my cousin and have had a little time with it.. i pulled the motor apart to go through it and it is like new.. the piston is still shiny like the day it was released..
hpi savage x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MShark
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by MShark » Mon May 12, 2014 10:36 am

Hey great looking savages! Let me know if they're still available.
Looking for well modded truggy/buggy, PM me! Also maybe Savage X/XL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links