FLM tranny forward lcg tvp's alza cd xo-1 1717

Not your average Savage Hop ups. These are highly modified, with some home-made parts.

Moderator: Moderators

ramsfan
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

FLM tranny forward lcg tvp's alza cd xo-1 1717

Post by ramsfan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:48 am

[font=Comic Sans MS][/font] :?:  :idea:
Savage XL-Savox 1231stearing servo, aluminum bell crank, RPM a-arms, ofna 086 pipe, ofna throttle mod, Integy roll cage, Integy rear hubs, Integy T2 adjustable upper arms, Weld Racing Cheyenne beadloc's with proline masher's, Spectrum DX3C radio

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ramsfan
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by ramsfan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:06 am

im having trouble with the center diff plan. I really don't want to buy the alza, I would like to make my own. any tips/
Savage XL-Savox 1231stearing servo, aluminum bell crank, RPM a-arms, ofna 086 pipe, ofna throttle mod, Integy roll cage, Integy rear hubs, Integy T2 adjustable upper arms, Weld Racing Cheyenne beadloc's with proline masher's, Spectrum DX3C radio

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ascender
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Ascender » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:19 pm

You're going to have the same issue with making your own center diff: the distance between the outdrives of a diff is shorter than on the Savage trans. Either way, you'll need a front dogbone that is longer than what comes with the TVPs. It's possible Dejan or someone else might be able to make a custom-sized dogbone, or that you might be able to FIND a dogbone from another kit that is the right length.

I personally had the fun of making my own 5th-scale TVPs to fit a TCS 5th-scale front dogbone and an ALZA XL front dogbone together.
[align=center][b]Black Cat II - Unleashed[/b]

[img]http://gonneville.smugmug.com/Hobbies/RC/Black-Cat-II/i-jPHSnrZ/0/O/IMAG0293-sig2.jpg[/img][/align]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

aris
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by aris » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:26 am

THE only was to Upgrade your tranny  without dogbone modifications is to Chance in in 5t. It costs more than the Alsa but it fits perfectly. I did it already im my  Savy with tranny forward and its amazing. Otherwise you can contact Dejan of Alsa he will find you a solution anyway, he is very kind.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links