Better than a E-Maxx!

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI E-Savage.

Moderator: Moderators

BigRed
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Better than a E-Maxx!

Post by BigRed » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:17 pm

Hey guys, I know some of you must have already got one by now. I don't own one yet, but here are my thoughts from getting to run one today.

It's faster than a stock e-maxx. After taking the trigger I soon found out that it also handled better than my e-maxx I had a long time ago. I thought it got pretty good run time with the stock batts. I think with everything that you get it's well worth the money and ton's better than a e-maxx. Everything seems to well built and it jumped really well. Again, I thought it was better than my old e-maxx when it came to jumping. I still wished it was a savage like my nitro, but I think it's good enough to carry a Savage name. I did some searches when I got home and parts seem to be fairly cheap. Also unlike before when it was the E-Zilla. You can actually find parts easilly now. Stormers had a ton of parts in stock for it. Nothing will be better than my nitro savage, but this truck will surely be fun to have. I think I am going to ask santa for the e-savage quad this year :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yokozuna4x2
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by yokozuna4x2 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:59 pm

hi..im in the middle of an electric conversion on one of my savvys..however..upon further reveiw it mite be easier to simply get the e-savvy.. 8)
once i get it i can look at the 2 trucks side by side and be able to tell what mite fit what..who knows...the front/rear ends mite just fit the e-savvy tvps...maybe not..but only one way to find out tho...lol
wow!! is that a flying saucer??? nope....its a low orbiting savage!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yokozuna4x2
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by yokozuna4x2 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:30 pm

well guys i got one for my wife..i sold her emaxx and will be taking that money and put it on an e-savvy for me..that way we can have twin trucks so to speak.. :D
i looked her truck over and removed the wheels to compare it to the nitro savvy..nothing will interchange except maybe wheels and shocks..
i wish that hpi would do likr traxxas and have the front/rear ends the same xcept the mid sections..o well..its still a kool lil truck anyway.. 8)
wow!! is that a flying saucer??? nope....its a low orbiting savage!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

VIRUS626
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by VIRUS626 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:00 pm

hey guys i just got 1 today, it goes prdy fast anyone know exactly how fast it goes, and what battery to get for it to go at least 18 minutes. :o

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

BigRed
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by BigRed » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:20 am

I know some people are using dewalt or johnson motors and go super fast. Not sure what batt or anything else. I did come accross a site called e-savageforum.com. I think it may have once been the hotbodies site when it was the e-zilla. there was a lot more to find there than here.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

umberto
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by umberto » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:10 pm

cool, that's good to know it's faster.
but with a brushless kit .... :twisted: it'll be wicked fast
STS .28, LCG TVPs, 3 speed, Werks clutch
www.freewebs.com/hpiumberto

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

NWDave
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by NWDave » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:24 pm

Not to knock this truck, and I am wanting to score one, but how can it be faster than a 1.5 pound lighter E-Maxx with the same motors? The E-Maxx I had was fast stock, and with some lighter RPM wheels and Pro-Line Bowtie tires, some larger pinions, and some good matched 6 cell packs it was a screamer. It sure did brake a lot though, bulkheads, chassis braces, turnbuckles, shocks. That's what would make me want the E-Savage, it looks to be a lot stronger!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

iceman320
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by iceman320 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:18 pm

so what are your guys thoughts about the new e-maxx cause I'm looking to get me an electric monster to play with when I can't run my nitros but I can't decide between the e-savage and the new e-maxx which truck would you get if you were me the e-savage or the new e-maxx? thanks.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links