New E-Savage owner

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI E-Savage.

Moderator: Moderators

Dale_Gribble
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

New E-Savage owner

Post by Dale_Gribble » Tue May 29, 2007 4:37 am

Just ordered a E-Savage from tower hobbies. What can I expect from it?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

electricnitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by electricnitro » Tue May 29, 2007 2:50 pm

Well ........ its a blast, not as durable as the real savage. So far i have snapped one of the plastic cvds, and broke the output for the diff. So with that said. U might want to either wait untill the stock output diff breaks or call HPI USA and tell them to send u a new set( thats what I did and they sent me front and rear for FREE) before they break. Anyway u do it they WILL be covered under warrenty no questions asked.ummmmmm I WOULD install a 40mm fan on top of the ECS. Well enought from me when u could read all u want from http://www.e-savage.com/ There u will find everything and every mod out for the esavage.They will help u out with any need u may come up on.

Oh and once u install some fans go with some 7 cell hump packs. U will NEVER go back to 6 cell. Its amazing how much torque they can produce. They also have extended frames from addicted2rc.com and kershaw design has other hop ups such as shocks, aloy cvds and such.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dale_Gribble
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Dale_Gribble » Tue May 29, 2007 7:01 pm

electricnitro wrote:U might want to either wait untill the stock output diff breaks or call HPI USA and tell them to send u a new set( thats what I did and they sent me front and rear for FREE) before they break. Anyway u do it they WILL be covered under warrenty no questions asked..

Thanks for the info electricnitro.... Are the new output diffs that HPI send you when you call the same as the stock ones or are they an upgrade?
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death, and *censored* followed with him".

Revelation 6:7

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

electricnitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by electricnitro » Wed May 30, 2007 1:58 am

They are upgraded :lol: . Like I said though got to http://www.e-savage.com/ There u will find EVERYTHING u will need to know on what breaks, what mods everyone is doing, what to buy, what not to buy, so on and so fourth. Spend AS much time as u can and READ ALL THE posts twice if u can. I found sooooooooo much in that fourm. They are also very helpfull guys and gals. The best thing e savage.com is devoted 99% just to the e savage. Like my buddy said that has 5 e maxx's. The e savage would walk ALL over 3 out of the 5 of his emaxx's anyday, and thats with the batterys that came with the truck. If you can get a good charger also the one that comes with it tends to false peak.I bought a intellipeak twin pulse peak charger for I think 60$ off towerhobbies. Let your batteries cool for about 30 to 45 min after they charger and let the packs cool after u run them in the car for they saw at least a hour. Just make sure when u squize the batteries they are COOL. If you don't you could blow one up or it will decrease the life of the battery.( the life of your truck) I would also get deans plugs all the way around cause the tayama plugs tend to cause big problems cause of high resistance. Well I could go on and on and on but go to that web site I was talking about and put a post in there on what u should do, and what u should be carefull of, you will get better and more answers in there than from in here. I will shut up now I have typed you ears off :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links