newbie needs some answers

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI E-Savage.

Moderator: Moderators

frezel
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

newbie needs some answers

Post by frezel » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:12 pm

I currently have a savage 4.6 nitro and 1/18 mini quake that is hooped up to the max and just to fast to run with out crashing and destroying it to a million pieces, i have been debating moving up my electric scale from 1/18 to 1/10 but i rember all the upgrades i had to do. What i would like to know is how durable stock is the e-savage, can i upgrade motors without overhauling the ball diffs and drive shafts etc? i currently have a hyperion yc22l motor on my mini quake with a mamba 25 esc and waswondering if i could even use them on a e-savage? Also is it owrth buying from towerhobbies new or gettin a used piece from ebay and tweaking a few things. I already have a nice irahana charger that i can use and a digital spectrum controller with an extra reciever so basically i would like to make the e-savage fast, drop in a motor, some suggestion as to what Mah and voltage battery packs and some motor options. If anyone can share there building experiences with me that would be great. I know you can build till no end but i want a durable fast and fun truck no bling factor.Basically i want to run it when its to late at night to fire up the nitro...thanks for all your help to come...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

electricnitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by electricnitro » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:11 pm

No offence towards savage-central.com, but I would recomend you taking a look at e-savage.com. Its the only full e-savage forum on the net. They will have the answers u are lookinng for. Oh and for what its worth I would look around ebay for one that has already been upgraded. Hey they also have a buy/sell/trade section on that forum too. Go check it ou you won't be disapointed. Just take your time and DON"T jump the gun and buy one cause there are alwayse better deals that come up every day.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links