Your opinion, what should I buy?

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI E-Savage.

Moderator: Moderators

insomnia976
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Your opinion, what should I buy?

Post by insomnia976 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:34 pm

Ok, thinking of buying the ESavage Sport. What do you think? Decent truck? How fast are they? I have the 4.6 now but I'm just getting sick of fixing this *censored* thing all the time. Now the clutch blew up. Are electrics better? Is the ESavage Sport the way to go? Or, can you recommend something else please? I'm looking for a off road truck for tearing up terrain, jumps, and racing on and off the track. Thank you! :)

Bill

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

johnnypoopoopants
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by johnnypoopoopants » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:55 pm

I don't know anything about the esavage, but are you interested in selling the 4.6 savage?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

insomnia976
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by insomnia976 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:09 pm

Sure. I just PM'd you with my contact info. Thanks man.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

walalyyy
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by walalyyy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:38 pm

Ok here goes, since u asked.  I had a e-maxx to start with and then wanted to go with a tougher truck.  I went with a 4.6 (and two months latter a 5.9) I really like both trucks, but u just cant get much less maintence and or problems with a electric.  The brushless systems that are out now are very compairable with the performance of a nitro truck.  You could get a roller or convert your 4.6 to electric and go with a brushless system.  You will have less run time with batterys and have to cool down the electronics every so offten, but still have a very tough truck.  If your not into wrenching on your truck the e-savage is a great choice IMHO.   Sooo, flip that coin and go for it and let us all know what you think when your done.  

Just think, only two more replys and i will no longer be a savage novice !!!
Savage 4.6 3-Speed
Savage XL 5.9
E-maxx
Rustler VXL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

insomnia976
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by insomnia976 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:41 pm

Thanks dude. Yeah, I was down at my local hobby shop and they told me that they prefer electric over gas. Electric they told me is just less BS. I'm hoping this is true! I've been running gas now for 2 years and I'm just sick of the constant BS maintenance all the time something stupid goes wrong and I can't drive! I'm just looking for a better solution and I think electric is it. Thanks!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xtremesavage
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by xtremesavage » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:04 am

the LHS will tell you anything if you'll spend $ there, why not get an Esavage as your second truck.Ive never had one but I know they are smaller. you just need more expereience with nitro, dont give up already, you only have 8 post's.
[img]http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n403/xtremesavage/newsig.png[/img]
Share knowlegde,,,Dont brag!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vios8820
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by vios8820 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:19 am

dun give up with ur 4.6 ~~ wat u nid is time and knowlaged..

i been a hardtime then i was 1st started into nitro...
but after master all.. i sure u have no more problem  :D  :D  :D

untill now i have never regert with nitro

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

electricnitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by electricnitro » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:39 am

I can speak from experience cause I have a esavage and a savage 25/X and a team associated GT. I like my savage 25/X and GT 10 times better the the esavage. I hate having to change batteries every 10 to 15min and the durability of the esavage is not that of a REAL savage. One thing is the esavage is NOT a true 1/8th truck its more like a 1/10th. Probably your best bet for would probably be a losi xxt or associated gt2 or a truggy. Every rc vehicle has stuff that you will have to fix over time but atleast the pan style buggys, truggys, and monster trucks are easier to work on. The one good thing I like about the esavage is when it snows and at night. I can take it out at night and not wake the neighbor hood up and when it snows I don't have to worry about keeping the temps up, just pull the trigger and go.    One other VERY important thing that I have noticed is the esavage is a pain in the rear to jump and land on all fours. I also sure hope they got the diff problem fixed. The part the goes out of the diff to the outer cv joints had a bad problem or breaking. Oh the diffs are also 2 bevel instead of 4.

Look....... Do this go to CLICK ME . Its a web site called e-savage.com. They know there stuff about the esavage and will give you your best answer to your question.
NEWS FLASH: Every time you stop your engine..... please make sure the piston is at the bottom of the stroke. It will add life to your engine, by keeping the pinch of the sleeve good. NEWS FLASH

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

electricnitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by electricnitro » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:58 am

One other thing to add is when I'm running my esavage around I feel like its a tyco walmart toy. Now if I had the money to do a brushless with some good lipos then I might have a different view point. The point being the sound of a nitro engine is priceless compaired to electric.  :wink:
NEWS FLASH: Every time you stop your engine..... please make sure the piston is at the bottom of the stroke. It will add life to your engine, by keeping the pinch of the sleeve good. NEWS FLASH

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

insomnia976
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by insomnia976 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:02 am

Thanks electricnitro. I'm going to go down to the Hobby Shop tomorrow and look around. It MUST be 4x4, I'm thinking truck, and at least 1/10th scale or larger. I also want something for on, and off the track/road. I checked out that web site. Thanks dude, very helpful. I've been running gas for almost 2 years. I'm just sick of the b/s that goes with it. Yes, there is nothing like the sound of a nitro engine but to me it's not worth it anymore and looking for other alternatives that being electric. Thanks everyone for your help. I'll also check out Team Assoc and Losi which are also *censored* good names!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xtremesavage
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by xtremesavage » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:10 pm

If you want brushless I have a stampaede vxl (60mph) but not a tough truck, also have teamlosi xxxT brushless, just as fast , a little tougher, but its a buggy, no ground clearence, plus to reach these speeds you need a high $ battery. electric's are fun but by the time you buy the charger,extra battery's to keep runnin, you could buy another savage.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

insomnia976
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by insomnia976 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Well, I bought the E Savage today. *censored* of a deal! The guy sold it to me NEW for 239! Yes, you read that right! I also got a quick charger for 80 bucks! I'm happy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vios8820
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by vios8820 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:27 pm

that is good to heard... everyone have their one taste..  :D the good of ep car is u can start even play in ur house  :lol:

also less maintanice...  :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mikland
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by mikland » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:33 pm

I started out with an old kyosho electric buggy. That was pretty much a toy, but I was hooked. So i went out and bought two E-MAXX's. One for me and one for my son. He was five at the time. They were cool for a while. I changed motors and gearing and got better batterys and so on and so on. The batterys were killing me. At least $100.00 for a good set and I had two trucks. I wanted to get into nitro so I bought a used Duratrax street force Gp2 off ebay for $100.00 . It was practically new. I was hooked. Sold one of my EMAXX's and bought a SAVAGEX 4.6 rtr. Now I have two savages, still have the GP2 and one EMAXX. I'm waiting for lipos to come down in price and I'm going to convert my Emaxx to brushless.
I guess to sum it up. Electric's are low maintenance but very expensive. You can buy a brand new nitro motor for the price of a descent set of batterys. I think the SAVAGE is the best truck out there by design.You have to enjoy working on these trucks to really enjoy nitro's , and I enjoy working on it as much as I do running it.For those that don't and have deep pockets, electrics are the way to go.

MIK

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xtremesavage
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by xtremesavage » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:11 am

let us know how you like it. what battery's are you running?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links