E-Savge ESC Issues Help!!!

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI E-Savage.

Moderator: Moderators

MountainCat
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

E-Savge ESC Issues Help!!!

Post by MountainCat » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Good Day

Been messing with my E Zilla thats been sitting around for a while collecting dust. Had some venom 3000 mah batteries and charged them up... put them in the truck and started running her around on the floor of my shop... the batterries didn't last long at all... Figuring they were toast and they are... bought a new set charged them and put them in only to find that I have no forward drive at all but reverse works... Would the crappy batteries could of done something to the ESC? Is there a way to reset the esc? I am at a loss...
If it ain't broke it must be a Savage!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

midnightrider
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by midnightrider » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:05 pm

wow almost a year later sorry for the late response but it seems no one uses brushed motors any more everything is brushless now and super lame expensive. I used brushed setups since I was a kid. the stock speed controls are usually the first thing to go they are pricey but spending some money on a good speed control is what I have learned to be the best. Ive tried the cheaper ones, all failed within thier claimed specs (motor turns/ votalge input) novak makes a twin setup that would be good for your truck. thats the only one I can reccommend because I have no experience with twin setups but Novac makes rock solid reliable ESCs.
Last edited by midnightrider on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/midnightrider_2010/250-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MountainCat
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by MountainCat » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Thanks for the reply rider... since that time I ended up getting a stock esc for it and all is good scooped it off ebay for cheap... I have since moved onto electrics a bit more... got a flux and acouple crawlers so the electrics are coming along... Thanks again

MC
If it ain't broke it must be a Savage!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links