electric buggy

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI E-Savage.

Moderator: Moderators

Savage2007
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

electric buggy

Post by Savage2007 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:39 am

Hello my Savage friends, I know this is not a Savage question but I thought you guys would still have some good advice.

I am still a Savage basher at heart. I found a hobby store with two dirt tracks (Nor Cal hobbies Union City Cali) and they have some sick races on the weekends. My heavy beast of a savage is not race worthy and I bash to much to change her into a racer so i saw how much fun they were having with the electric buggies and im thinking of picking one up. Any suggestions for a race worthy electric buggy? I saw a Redcat at my local hobbie store but that is not a brand I have heard of.

I want spomething not too expensive i can charge up and hit the track and keep up. I know it wont be the same as the nitros and there still is nothing like the sound or smell of Nitro in the morning.

Any suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated as always!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SXL-APT
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by SXL-APT » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:55 am

[quote="Savage2007";p="822227"]Hello my Savage friends, I know this is not a Savage question but I thought you guys would still have some good advice.

I am still a Savage basher at heart. I found a hobby store with two dirt tracks (Nor Cal hobbies Union City Cali) and they have some sick races on the weekends. My heavy beast of a savage is not race worthy and I bash to much to change her into a racer so i saw how much fun they were having with the electric buggies and im thinking of picking one up. Any suggestions for a race worthy electric buggy? I saw a Redcat at my local hobbie store but that is not a brand I have heard of.

I want spomething not too expensive i can charge up and hit the track and keep up. I know it wont be the same as the nitros and there still is nothing like the sound or smell of Nitro in the morning.

Any suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated as always![/quote]

Build a Mini 8ight up and have fun smoking The Slash Pack & keep up with and pass some of the 8th scale buggies/truggies on the 8th scale Track. Ive been building up a M8 and they are awesome & stupid quick on a 18th, 10th, & 8th scale track. They make Short Work of the Short Course Trucks. Might get run over by the 8ths, but she holds up and keeps up.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mclulz
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by mclulz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:45 am

Get a durango DEX408 :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

borybosell
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by borybosell » Sat May 19, 2012 4:13 am

[quote="mclulz";p="822257"]Get a durango DEX408 :)[/quote]
I think DEX408 is no simple conversion. It's purpose has built for electric rc racing buggy. It is very nice rc electric buggy. It is very cheapest buggy. I really want to this buggy. It is great looking rc electric car.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links