dual brushless 5700kv e savage

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI E-Savage.

Moderator: Moderators

srsmokesallot
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

dual brushless 5700kv e savage

Post by srsmokesallot » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:22 pm

hello this might seem a little insane or even stupid but i built this beast about 2 years ago and haven't had any problems with the motors or esc's
just the axels. the first run it was doing close to 40mph and still pulling the front tires off the ground on two 7.4lipos way to fast.
so the next couple of months i was ordering gears and i got it down to 13t pinnon 66tspur close to 40mph topped out.
the cool thang is that i can crawl over most anything the rip off doing 40 it has a lot of torque.
so i am just posting this info because i havent seen one and didnt no why

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

messiah1
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by messiah1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:44 am

Any issues with you lipos being out and unprotected like that?  Any  desire to see just how fast it can go geared up?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

srsmokesallot
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by srsmokesallot » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:17 pm

i was a little worred about the lipos  but that was two years ago lol and now my worrys are gone

the night i put the brushless systems in it i threw stock pinnons on it and ran it
half thottle was 40-50mph it was stiill pullin wheelys any faster and i wouldnt be able to keep it on the road and away from mailboxs
sterring dosent work at those speeds  :twisted:
as for axels ive lost to many to count but that is it every thing els is perfect
my slipper is lose or i will break axels i have it setup so it whont break them
i originaly built this for my uncle he wanted something were he could flip a switch and go and not tune nerly every time
he ran it for couple years and decided that he was going to get out it so he sold it to me for 200$ what a score

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links