Best molded Foam inserts for stock GT2 tires?

Discuss wheel and tire options for the Savage here.

Moderator: Moderators

savage514
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Best molded Foam inserts for stock GT2 tires?

Post by savage514 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what molded foam inserts would be best for the stock GT2 tires that come on the Savage Flux HP.

I am going with black Warlock rims (the chrome ones were lasting fine until I drove my truck at the beach). I want to continue with the GT2 tires because I drive my truck on allot of different surfaces, and the GT2 tires are light and are a great "all around dual spot" tire IMO and offer good cushion for jumps. So I am steadfast on using GT2 tires with Warlock rims, I also have the Hot racing hex kit to prevent stripping the hex of the Warlock rims. I would just like to get rid of the somewhat crappy stock tire foams.

So I was looking on Ofna's website http://www.ofna.com/tires-1-8-foam.php at their molded Foam inserts and I have no clue which ones to get, I even emailed Ofna about three times and got onc response, they don't even seem to know what size foam insert I would need for a GT2 tire on a stock warlock rim.

Anyone have any suggestions on what molded foam inserts would work best with HPI's GT2 tires?

Thanks

Mike

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links