Best beadlock wheel for flux hp power

Discuss wheel and tire options for the Savage here.

Moderator: Moderators

6nelson
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Best beadlock wheel for flux hp power

Post by 6nelson » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:56 pm

I am hoping someone can tell me what the best beadlock for my flux would be. I've been looking and reading but can't come up with a definitive answer.

My son has to do all my wrenching and I do not want to mess with glue and all that. I am hoping there is a good wheel that won't throw the tires off at all if possible. I've read axial is notorious for that, and stripping out. That's another area of concern, durability. Is aluminum the best choice to avoid stripping fasteners and to hold onto to tire? I'm thinking that's the way I want to go unless there is a proven method otherwise.

Also has anyone tried rc4wd wheels? Looking at them they don't look like they would hold up. Not enough surface contact looks like to me but if somone could let me know.

One last recommendation while we're on wheels. I'm going to be doing allot of running on asphalt in front of house. What would be a good long lasting tire for that and some dirt?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated as I am totally new to this and haven't run anything yet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jonfos
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by jonfos » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:14 am

I recently bought Maximizer beadlocks. Mostly because they are quite affordable, 19$ a pair. Haven't tried them yet as they are on their way by mail from the US to Norway. But from what I've read they hold the tires well even on 6S.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

griff7373
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by griff7373 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:30 pm

I have Maximizers on my REVO Savage and LST granted they are all nitros and they have held up well

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links