Best "onroad" tires for Savage

Discuss wheel and tire options for the Savage here.

Moderator: Moderators

selder
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Best "onroad" tires for Savage

Post by selder » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:57 pm

I'm planning to buy some onroad tires for my Savage Flux.
But there are too much trees to see the forest :/

I would like to wrap them around MAXIMIZER 1731 BEADLOCK BEAD LOCK 17mm 17 mm WHEELS.

Can someone point me in the right direction of a brand and model of onroad tires?

thx in advance!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML: " title="Click to select post’s link in HTML format" onclick="this.focus();this.select();" />
Hide post links
Show post links

sinister
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by sinister » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Proline-Roadrage
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/eosio/danceNigsSuperstar.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML: " title="Click to select post’s link in HTML format" onclick="this.focus();this.select();" />
Hide post links
Show post links

Ghost05
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Ghost05 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Not sure if you already bought some, but I have Proline Road Rage 40 series tires (belted) mounted on Axial beadlocks. They give me steady runs of 65+ MPH.
Work best in hotter weather too.

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

Purenitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Purenitro » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:11 pm

My buddy has had the best results with the HPI Phaltlines, low profile, no roll and quite grippy. Ghost, do you have any radar or gps runs of that 65mph? is it in a savage, I would love to see a savage going that fast  :D
Click for Performance Tuning Guide
[url=http://www.extremercmods.com/?page=tuning][img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l291/purenitro/National.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/purenitro?feature=mhsn][b][size=150]Videos[/size][/b][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

chilled
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by chilled » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:45 pm

2nd the HPI Phaltlines.

no roll and plenty of surface traction.
----------------------------------------------------------
*Savage X ss - Most Mods*
It's not how you stand by your Savage,
it's how you bash your Savage !.

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

hypnotiq
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by hypnotiq » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:56 pm

[quote="purenitro";p="735406"]My buddy has had the best results with the HPI Phaltlines, low profile, no roll and quite grippy. Ghost, do you have any radar or gps runs of that 65mph? is it in a savage, I would love to see a savage going that fast ?:D[/quote]

id have to agree with robin

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

sadsack
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by sadsack » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:39 pm

on my savage x im running the hotbodies baller tires premounted on slayer rims,there a real nice tire actually and the rims looks awsome.......there low profile tires as well

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

selder
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by selder » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:29 am

Thanks for the advice, but I kinda gave up the idea of running the savage on asphalt ... she told me she'd rather run offroad :)
Savage - Sprint - Vorza - Blitz - (Savage XS pre-ordered)

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

sadsack
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by sadsack » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:06 am

ya i dont run on pavement alot myself. its more fun tearing up the dirt then driving around in circles in a parking lot. lol

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

SV250
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SV250 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:02 pm

I had issues with the Road Rages sliding from side to side. The center line was never in the center.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/383%20Jeep/SV-SIG04-02.png[/img]
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/?special_track=nav_tab_album

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

rafaelrosales1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by rafaelrosales1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:33 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131005859112?ss ... 1555.l2649

1/5 on road grp gandini the best tire for hpi savage or erbe they are race tires with high grip

I make those adapters upon request

rafaelrosales1@gmail.com

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

LLkoolskillet
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LLkoolskillet » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:32 am

Ah the 100mph flux tire guy showed up here. With those 1/5 wheels what speeds are you consistently running?
[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/LLkoolskillet2/skillet1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

iwaslikedayum
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by iwaslikedayum » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:26 am

Oh boy.
This is gonna be good.

Thread followed.:0
[img]http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a526/iwaslikedayum/138981911153274_zps27f19f55.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

SV250
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SV250 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:57 am

Found them at DDM also

http://www.davesmotors.com/fg6418-06_3

The square hexs are $7 a pair.

Id like to know how much they weigh. 5th .scale wheels are heavy. Not woth doing IMO.

If you wantde big onroads that wont balloon and have killer grip, you could get the Hostile slicks with the Baja conversion. Still have the weight issue though.

The Phatlines are great for 50mph Savages. If you plan on going faster then that, X01 wheels are the king. Theyre a little small for a normal Savage, but if your Savy is faster then 60, its not a normal savy anyway.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/383%20Jeep/SV-SIG04-02.png[/img]
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/?special_track=nav_tab_album

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

rafaelrosales1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by rafaelrosales1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:52 pm

[quote="SV250";p="873264"]Found them at DDM also

http://www.davesmotors.com/fg6418-06_3

The square hexs are $7 a pair.

Id like to know how much they weigh. 5th .scale wheels are heavy. Not woth doing IMO.

If you wantde big onroads that wont balloon and have killer grip, you could get the Hostile slicks with the Baja conversion. Still have the weight issue though.

The Phatlines are great for 50mph Savages. If you plan on going faster then that, X01 wheels are the king. Theyre a little small for a normal Savage, but if your Savy is faster then 60, its not a normal savy anyway.[/quote]

Hi 1/5 on road grp gandini weight is 14.1 oz

Hostile should be good too but they have long lateral wall so they are more heavier for sure !

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

rafaelrosales1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by rafaelrosales1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:45 pm

[quote="LLkoolskillet";p="873261"]Ah the 100mph flux tire guy showed up here. With those 1/5 wheels what speeds are you consistently running?[/quote]

I used to live in miami florida where we have a nice flat open road to reach very good speed with RCs almost in every corner ! I have an 1/8 ofna dirt oval that I reach 127.5 mph ! I build that savage to try to reach 100 mph with the mamba system 2200 kv /6s. I just moved to California last month and I didnt have the time to try to find the right spot to try it ! I know any savage with the right tires and good power system can reach 100 mph !
Most people think the savage is too heavy to reach 100 mph but they dont know the 1/8 fastes car in the world is an ofna gtp 146 mph and the weight is 13.05 lbs.

I really like how you filled the big gap in the front ! I must do something like that That was a great idea !!!!!

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

lizard
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by lizard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:03 am

If you want something durable that doesn't baloon and handles precisely, there are not too many options.

XO-1 tires: durable, precise handling, belted thus no balooning, traction is okay. Small size, if you plan to change between onroad and offroad tires regularly you'll have to change gearing as well everytime.

Phaltlines: not durable, traction is okay, sidewalls are too soft, you will grind on the rim all the time. They baloon. The Plastik of the HPI rims is cheap and not durable. Mine were completely shredded in under 10 packs.

Proline Roadrage: Never owned them, but I think they have too high sidewalls for precise handling. After touching them in a store, they seem way too soft for precise handling and they will baloon.

Proline Roadrage 3.8 40 series: Never tried them or felt them in person, but they have lower sidewalls, maybe worth a try

Foam-Tires: Never owned them, but I think you'll shred them within a few packs with a heavy car like a Savage. In my opinion good for speedruns only where you don't drift or slide around.

1/5 scale onroad touringcar tires: A little bigger and wider than XO-1 tires, very durable, very good traction, very precise handling, belted thus no balooning. You'll have to change gearing because of small size.

1/6 scale buggy onroad tires: Diameter about the same as Phaltlines/Roadrages, but narrower. very good traction, very precise handling, belted, thus no balooning.

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

rafaelrosales1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by rafaelrosales1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:55 pm

[quote="lizard";p="873378"]If you want something durable that doesn't baloon and handles precisely, there are not too many options.

XO-1 tires: durable, precise handling, belted thus no balooning, traction is okay. Small size, if you plan to change between onroad and offroad tires regularly you'll have to change gearing as well everytime.

Phaltlines: not durable, traction is okay, sidewalls are too soft, you will grind on the rim all the time. They baloon. The Plastik of the HPI rims is cheap and not durable. Mine were completely shredded in under 10 packs.

Proline Roadrage: Never owned them, but I think they have too high sidewalls for precise handling. After touching them in a store, they seem way too soft for precise handling and they will baloon.

Proline Roadrage 3.8 40 series: Never tried them or felt them in person, but they have lower sidewalls, maybe worth a try

Foam-Tires: Never owned them, but I think you'll shred them within a few packs with a heavy car like a Savage. In my opinion good for speedruns only where you don't drift or slide around.

1/5 scale onroad touringcar tires: A little bigger and wider than XO-1 tires, very durable, very good traction, very precise handling, belted thus no balooning. You'll have to change gearing because of small size.

1/6 scale buggy onroad tires: Diameter about the same as Phaltlines/Roadrages, but narrower. very good traction, very precise handling, belted, thus no balooning.[/quote][quote="lizard";p="873378"]
If you want something durable that doesn't baloon and handles precisely, there are not too many options.

1/6 scale buggy onroad tires: Diameter about the same as Phaltlines/Roadrages, but narrower. very good traction, very precise handling, belted, thus no balooning.
[/quote]

I have to agree 100 % very good explanation !

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

LLkoolskillet
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LLkoolskillet » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:36 pm

How fast have you ran your flux on 6s with those wheels? Im curious as they weigh more than big joes and 20g less than trenchers.

I will say this, if one wants a great onroad wheel and is not looking for stupid speed then yes I would try the 1/5 onroad wheels. The X0-1 are only worth a darn when there at a temp of 119F+ otherwise they suck for traction. I have yet to run the BSR 35shore wheels but Nic Case swears there suited for speed above 100.
[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/LLkoolskillet2/skillet1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

rafaelrosales1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by rafaelrosales1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:53 pm

/
 Looking the right open safe road to try my svage here in CA I have original 2200kv zippy 5000 mah 40c 43/20 6s diffs 29/9 full HD gears in the transmission 39t idle gear and tcs 5mm long chassis with 100% fiber glass body. I know I can use 43/25 but I want to know what is the speed with this gearing and anyway I know I have like 8-10 miles reserve !!

LLkoolskillet I know you have a huge experience with hpi savages electric / nitro I respect and admire it !

Link:
BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links