OFNA Monster Dish

Discuss wheel and tire options for the Savage here.

Moderator: Moderators

DARKWAV
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

OFNA Monster Dish

Post by DARKWAV » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:05 pm

Wondering if anyone has some feedback on the OFNA Monster Dish rim (Part #86103)?  Are these 1/2 offset or full offset?

I'm looking to remount my HPI GT (S) and Monster Badlands...because, yes my freaking RPM Stablemaxx weels are showing cracks around the hubs (bastard waste of time RPM rims...at first I thought they were doing quite well but I found the cracks on my last inspection.  One wheel in each set but I'm done with them! Treads are barely worn on my tires so they have a lot of life left in them)

Anyway I want black 1/2 offset MT 17mm hex rims.  Maximizers may be to heavy for my liking but now I'm strongly consdering those.  GT (S) tires are already pretty heavy though.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dodgedude
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by dodgedude » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Full offset. Thats what I run on my Main Basher and Ive destroyed a few knuckles, ripped arms off and bent numerous HD dogbones. The rims dont show any sign of wear other than a little dirt :D

I love them, and they give the truck a really wide stance. They withstood a 30+Ft fall from the top of a gravel pile and held up fine. Thats what destroyed all the parts above. lol. Good rims. And light too.
[img]http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/Dodgedude780/avatar-1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.savage-central.com/Evo-Forums_-_file_-_viewtopic_-_t_-_93901_-_start_-_0.html]Big Blue[/url]......Soon.....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

25ssSavage
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by 25ssSavage » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:44 am

I just found this thread, and am looking at the same rims.  I haven't had any luck finding any tires that will mount on them.  Might anyone have some advise what to look for.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DARKWAV
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by DARKWAV » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:48 am

I ended up going with the Maximizer 1/2 offset.  On a standard length HP Flux the Badlands continued to work very well but the weight of the GT(S)/Maximizer combo was noticable and driveability was not to my liking.  Interestingly when I went to an XL chassis the extra weight of the GT(S)/Maximizer combo actually seemed to work pretty well with the added lenght of the chassis especially when jumping the truck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dragonbat13
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by dragonbat13 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:03 pm

[quote="DARKWAV";p="824976"]Interestingly when I went to an XL chassis the extra weight of the GT(S)/Maximizer combo actually seemed to work pretty well with the added lenght of the chassis especially when jumping the truck.[/quote]

I had the same experience with what little time I had with my big joes.  The heavier tire seemed better than the factory terrapins.  I just dont like the high speed tire shake.
Mark

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SXL-APT
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by SXL-APT » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:32 pm

[quote="dragonbat13";p="825073"][quote="DARKWAV";p="824976"]Interestingly when I went to an XL chassis the extra weight of the GT(S)/Maximizer combo actually seemed to work pretty well with the added lenght of the chassis especially when jumping the truck.[/quote]

I had the same experience with what little time I had with my big joes.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links