Hello from Charlotte NC

New members can take a few moments introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.

Moderator: Moderators

gilbasa1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Hello from Charlotte NC

Post by gilbasa1 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:17 am

Hello fellow Savage junkies! I've been lurking here for a while but figured I'd become an official member.
I needed a new hobby and picked up a used Savage25 for $60! I replaced the body, pull start, clutch shoes,and slipper clutch. I have no other nitro RCs to compare it to but I think it runs pretty good and is fun as *censored*. I'm an official Savage addict!!
I wanted to try brushless so I bought a brand XS flux. I had 30 seconds of run time before it stopped moving. I went to find the issue and the hex screws on the motor cover were completely stripped, HPI said they would replace it( the whole I haven't seen or heard anything about it in 5 weeks since I put it in the mail. I've called and left messages and not one peep from them. It's pretty annoying and has put a bad taste in my mouth regarding the XS. I know HPI is busy but 5 weeks without a return call does not translate to the stellar customer service I've heard about. Oh well stuff happens I guess.
Anyway being a gear head I like the nitro truck better and will probably sell the XS when it come back.
I do love this new to me hobby and will be sure to take advantage of all of your knowledge and advice.
I'm glad to be a member and a Savage addict!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

donyms
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by donyms » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:37 am

Welcome to SC, it's good to have you here. Sorry to here about your XS, not what I am used to hearing. Good luck man.  8)
[img]http://www.sleepyape.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/SC-Signature.png[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

donyms
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by donyms » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:03 am

[quote="gilbasa1";p="876451"]Hello fellow Savage junkies! I've been lurking here for a while but figured I'd become an official member.
I needed a new hobby and picked up a used Savage25 for $60! I replaced the body, pull start, clutch shoes,and slipper clutch. I have no other nitro RCs to compare it to but I think it runs pretty good and is fun as *censored*. I'm an official Savage addict!!
I wanted to try brushless so I bought a brand XS flux. I had 30 seconds of run time before it stopped moving. I went to find the issue and the hex screws on the motor cover were completely stripped, HPI said they would replace it( the whole I haven't seen or heard anything about it in 5 weeks since I put it in the mail. I've called and left messages and not one peep from them. It's pretty annoying and has put a bad taste in my mouth regarding the XS. I know HPI is busy but 5 weeks without a return call does not translate to the stellar customer service I've heard about. Oh well stuff happens I guess.
Anyway being a gear head I like the nitro truck better and will probably sell the XS when it come back.
I do love this new to me hobby and will be sure to take advantage of all of your knowledge and advice.
I'm glad to be a member and a Savage addict![/quote]

Any word yet on your XS? Just curious because I had to send in my motor before and they turned it around in under two weeks. I assume you sent it to Hobby Services?  8)
[img]http://www.sleepyape.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/SC-Signature.png[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links