Quadzilla meets flux xl

New members can take a few moments introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.

Moderator: Moderators

6nelson
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Quadzilla meets flux xl

Post by 6nelson » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:11 am

Hello all from Montana. Brandon here and this is my first official post. I've been a member for a little while reading and taking in what I can preparing for when I land my first rc.

Well that time is finally here. I purchased a used flux xl with FLM tvp's, shock towers and all aluminum front and rear ends, Bulkheads, hub carriers, knuckles, a arms etc. Hope I'm using proper terminology? Totally new to all this.

Anywho it has all stock electronics, motor and drive train. Not sure about the diffs if bullet proof or not? But at least I have a good starting point to build off of and really excited. I've read about center diff conversion and is definitely a must in the future. First things first I have to become familiar with truck and charger setup I bought.

Charging system is 306b icharger with 12v 64amp 750watt power supply. Went a little big on that as I plan on getting children into the hobby and most certainly will be charging allot of batteries. I'm not really sure about the charging ability that setup has if anyone wants to enlighten me feel free to chime in lol.

I'm going to have questions I'm sure when I go to fire it up and start charging. So I will be posting about it and other topics if I can't figure it out on my own. My 12 yr. old son will be the one turning all the wrenches and what not. I'm just here to learn how and ask questions. I'm a quadriplegic, broke my neck in a bad car accident a while back. But this hobby looks promising, something I can still do (drive anyways) lol and involve the family as whole.

Another concern will be finding the right kind of stick or paddle remote/receiver combo that I will be able to use. But I'm going to end the intro and give a thx for all the readily available knowledge this site and members have to offer.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SV250
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SV250 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:22 am

Welcome. Glad to see your son getting involved. When you find the right radio post it up. Im curious to see what works. You are the third quadriplegic that i know of that is a member here. The first two had. Others run their trucks. Id like to see you get some run time.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/383%20Jeep/SV-SIG04-02.png[/img]
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/?special_track=nav_tab_album

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

6nelson
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by 6nelson » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:49 am

Sure thing it's a little overwhelming jumping head into it, and figuring it all out. I'll definitely be running my own truck in time though. Wallet is a little soar just getting wear I'm at now though.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

badboy
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by badboy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Welcome to savage central. This site has everything you need for your flux. Keep us posted on how it goes.
BADBOY- Savage X: Picco .28,

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

6nelson
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by 6nelson » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Thx will do. There is a ton of information on here. I'm actually working on a deal with a gentleman for a fly sky 9ch stick remote. He adjusted throttle and steering to one side for another person who crushed their hand. They tried it a couple of times and quit rc. So I have some questions to get answered and see if it'll be right for me. Hopefully will be bashing soon.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

6nelson
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by 6nelson » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:06 pm

Thx will do. There is a ton of information on here. I'm actually working on a deal with a gentleman for a fly sky 9ch stick remote. He adjusted throttle and steering to one side for another person who crushed their hand. They tried it a couple of times and quit rc. So I have some questions to get answered and see if it'll be right for me. Hopefully will be bashing soon.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links