how old are you, and what do you do for a living?

New members can take a few moments introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.

Moderator: Moderators

tbill
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

how old are you, and what do you do for a living?

Post by tbill » Fri May 02, 2003 9:02 pm

hi all. been wandering around here, and i really like it! lot of good info, and good 'traffic', things don't seem to wither on the vine as it were.

i just thought it'd be interesting to see what the avg age of savage users was, and what we all do for a living.

i am an ASE master certified auto tech. i work for a mid sized chevy dealer, and my life pretty much revolves around mechanical 'toys' [I.E. full size 'toy' cars, and as of late, R/C cars]. i am 33 and have just begun to get involved in R/C cars in the past couple of months, but i'm hooked!! and they are a heck of a lot cheaper parts wise than full size cars , but can be just as frustrating at times.

what do you do?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sfgascott
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by sfgascott » Fri May 02, 2003 9:38 pm

Hey tbill, I'm 39. I've been selling auto parts for the last 20 years. I started as a driver for a NAPA store and worked my way to Manager. The I jumped ladders and went to work at a HUGE dealership. I've worked Pontiac,GMC,Subaru,Mazerati,Peugot,Dodge,Jeep,Chrysler,Plymouth,Yugo,Renault,Eagle,Ford,Lincoln,Mercury,Volvo,Jaguar, was parts manager at a Hyundai dealer,parts manager of a Mazda dealer, and now I'm a Toyota man.

I'm like you, I would never spend the money to build a real race truck, But the Savage is another story. :lol:

I'm also an avid Disc Golfer and I have 15 aces to date. I've been playing 3 years now and I still love it. Any other Disc Golfers out there?

Scott
[color=indigo][size=150]Bashing in Tuttle, Oklahoma[/size][/color]
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/sfgascott/banners/newbanner6.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CRSMP5
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by CRSMP5 » Fri May 02, 2003 11:13 pm

im 29, worked on cars at my fathers garage from 10-23, went to YSu got my electrical engineerig degree.. and gradded from there in 2002.. still need a real job, built all king of project VWs for people as i went to school for 5.5 years.. and am one of the leading VW Diesel people out there... i got a thing for glow plugs. :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

STL_Savage
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by STL_Savage » Sat May 03, 2003 1:42 am

Man you machanical guys make me feel like a true software geek.

I'm 28 and sell Automation Software. I'm pretty new to the hobby, but it has gotten out of hand quickly. After having so much fun with the Savage and basically rebuilding it with many hop ups, I added an 1/8th scale buggy (Hyper PBS) to the collection. I only wish there was a forum as informative as this one for the buggy. The Savage is still KING.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

scottericsonon
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by scottericsonon » Sat May 03, 2003 8:46 am

im 35
welder/fabricator for a company that builds cement trucks

scott

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

NYYSR
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by NYYSR » Sat May 03, 2003 11:21 am

ummm.... hi.......ummm.......sorry im a little nervous...its my first time 2 one of these.
ok.......hi my name is lott..... im 32 years old......and im a savageaholoic (people in room scream HI LOTT ).
LOL just kiding.
well my name realy is lott and im a plumber from new york.
ive been plumbing for about 10 years now.
ive only been into R/Cs for about 5-6 months but dont let that foolya cauzz i have learned more in that time than guys who have been in it for alot longer.
how you ask? well for the simple reason i dont care if i brake anything cauzz ill just go out and buy another.
and theirs also the fact that diego vola the 1997-1999 east cost buggie champion is a good friend and he got me into this sport.
he quit racing after the 1999 season.
ive owned just about every monster truck worth its salt out their and half of them were bought just 2 see if they are what the mags or forums say they are.
ive also do this with aftermarket parts.
some of you may think thats nuts or just dumb and y would i waste the money?
well see im realy saving money, hows that you ask lol.
i just got out of motorcycle racing this winter due 2 a bad accident and i can no longer ride (it still hurts).
i had 8 race bikes and if you took all the R/Cstuff i got and added it all up it wouldnt evan total 1 race bike, so you know my girlfriends happy lol.
im waiting on the DIRT DEAMON and the MONSTER GT 2 see if they are worth their salt.
so what have i learned?
anything that has 2 do with a product test in a magazine is a flat out lie and most people on the forums dont know jack (cauzz half are kids just babling).

it is only cauzz i have tested most of the monster trucks out their that i can honestly tell you that the savage is the best truck out their buy far.
im in the process of filming all my trucks 2 show them breaking and how.
i hope someone will find this helpfull lol.

later LOTT

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Psychlone
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Psychlone » Sat May 03, 2003 11:33 am

Woah, that's cool. I was looking at the dirt demon, but I'm still going for a savage. Now that I see all these different trucs run at races, I can relate to what you are saying about the magazine articles. :lol: Oh, and I'm 14 and I mow lawns :lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TexSavage
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by TexSavage » Sat May 03, 2003 12:08 pm

Don't feel bad STL_Savage, I am 36 years old and I am a software engineer. That's a fancy title for a computer programmer. :D
I have always had a knack for anything mechanical. My wife would not let me do 1/1 scale. So I got into RC. :lol:

Tex

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

msocko3
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by msocko3 » Sat May 03, 2003 12:31 pm

I'm 39 and a shift supervisor for a major chemical manufacurer, the Savage is my very 1st RC. I'm also kind of addicted to Drag Racing, I'm a crew chief on my brothers Top Dragster.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

deekortiz3
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by deekortiz3 » Sat May 03, 2003 5:49 pm

im 13 and do what ever i can for money

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Airtime60
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Airtime60 » Sat May 03, 2003 6:16 pm

43, Systems/Network Engineer. I have been into nitro for almost a year now, although I have a cox glow-engine in a three wheeled chopper I got in the early seventies(in pieces) someplace in my Mom and Dad's attic. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DubDucedDurango
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by DubDucedDurango » Sat May 03, 2003 9:30 pm

Hi I'm J.V. and I have been interested in RC about my whole life, I am 18 by the way. I pretty much spend everyone elses money and save mine! :lol: I end up spending a lot of my own actually too because this hobby is like a sickness. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savageer
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by savageer » Sat May 03, 2003 11:15 pm

Hi :D My name is Mike and I am 16 years old and don't do J/S :lol: J/K. I am looking for a job right now. Maybe at my LHS :D The savage is my first nitro R/C and I love it. I have learned a lot about mechanics and all because of all the times I have had to take it apart :x :D . Also met some cool people while bashing too :D
Last edited by savageer on Sat May 31, 2003 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blow up your Tmaxx, buy a savage!!!

[img]http://savgraphix.oarie.net/savageer.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Synthisis
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Synthisis » Sun May 04, 2003 8:06 am

Hi, Im Charles and Im 15. Im in 9th grade and do whatever I can to get some money. Got a nice Honda mower, maybe that'l bring in some profit.
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Synthisis.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fourwheeler
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by fourwheeler » Sun May 04, 2003 8:15 am

I am 42 y/o and work in a peanut processing plant. I have been in R/C about 3 years but only recently got into nitro cars, they survive better when you crash them lol.
Savage #1(mostly stock)

Savage #2(hyper 8 port)

RC10 GT

Associated Monster GT

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kevkash
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by kevkash » Sun May 04, 2003 8:39 am

Im 34 years old,Ive fix smashed big rigs for a livin for about 13 years.I have been involved with r/c's for about 1 gallon of fuel and i love it.I just wish it would "QUIT SNOWING". :x
Red Deer Canada
Pass me a beers

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rcvette
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by rcvette » Sun May 04, 2003 8:54 am

Just turned 40 last week. Our company manufactors big saw blades for the metal working industry. I'm in sales but more into servicing the equipment that runs these. So i'm always fixing things. Started out as a mechanic for a GM dealership 20 years ago. Just went drag racing in my 72 Vette yesterday (my other hobby). Been into RC about a year with my 9 year old son and can't get enough of it

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

phitheta219
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by phitheta219 » Sun May 04, 2003 10:37 am

Well lets see.... I'm 24, and I'm in my 3rd year of law school! That pretty much takes up all of my time, but I got back into R/c's after a 3 year break and picked up a savage... I spend my downtime messing with my Savage so I don't go insane from the 80 hour workweeks in law school. Funny though, before I was a manager at an Abercrombie and Fitch store, I was making 40 a year and putting in about 50 hours a week.. Now I pay my law school 40 a year, and work 80 hours a week. That seems kinda odd!

Oh, my fiance gets on me all the time about the money I spend on the Savage, but if anyone has wives or girlfriends that say the same thing.. this line usually works 'Well, it's cheaper than Crack!'

Just kidding. Thanks for reading everyone.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sfgascott
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by sfgascott » Sun May 04, 2003 10:49 am

:lol: Good line. :lol:

Scott
[color=indigo][size=150]Bashing in Tuttle, Oklahoma[/size][/color]
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/sfgascott/banners/newbanner6.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

BeastySavage
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by BeastySavage » Sun May 04, 2003 11:03 am

Interesting, there are older and very young people involved in this hobby, amazing

I am 26 work as a Software/Network/Business analyst for a major bank.
I used to be a total computer nerd and party man, once my girlfriend decided to buy me an RC car last year, I became hooked and now my life has turned around a lot. I basically work and play with my Toys Savage, RS4 3 SNR (oh yeah he girlfriend gets SOME time also). I roam all these forums trying to get help, or learn more about the hobby. AND YES the women will gripe about the money spent on your RC's but what the *censored*, it keeps you out of one trouble but into a lesser one, IMO. I live in NY and belong to a great new RC club in Queens.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links