how old are you, and what do you do for a living?

New members can take a few moments introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.

Moderator: Moderators

bull8042
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Re: how old are you, and what do you do for a living?

Post by bull8042 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:58 am

I may as well have a go at this too. My name is Bull, 45, and an Electrical Engineer from just south of Charlotte, NC.
I have been pretty heavily devoted to homebrewing for the last few years and decided to get into R/Cs as a hobby I could undertake with my 13 year old son.
For this past Christmas I purchased a Savage X for my son and a Savage XL for myself...... Then I just had to have a Spektrum 3ch, an LRP Z28...um, the HPI Suspension conversion, and IRC LCG TVPs with the mid-tank mod kit.....did I mention the Boca ceramic bearings?! JEEZ! Where does it all end?!?!
In the last month and a half, I have got myself in for $3,235.59 plus all the shipping costs not tracked..... ?:oops:

And all this time I thought it was homebrewing that was "the" obsession.... At this rate, I will retire to nothing but drinking beer and bashing R/C trucks.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Purenitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Purenitro » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:53 pm

[quote="bull8042";p="780045"] At this rate, I will retire to nothing but drinking beer and bashing R/C trucks.[/quote]

What else could one ask for :lol:  Welcome to the forum.
Click for Performance Tuning Guide
[url=http://www.extremercmods.com/?page=tuning][img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l291/purenitro/National.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/purenitro?feature=mhsn][b][size=150]Videos[/size][/b][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Liv4RC
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Liv4RC » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:18 pm

I don't stop my beer drinking at just bashing... I drink while I repair my savage!! That's probably why it breaks so often... now where is that drunk, stumbling emoticon at... :rofl:
Savage - Custom w/ Castle 1717 motor
Custom XTM Mammoth Brushless
MonsterGT Brushless
Losi 8ight-T Brushless
Slash
RS4
Axial AX10
(Savage = Me - $$$$$$$$$)
[img]http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j323/Liv2fish2/Image2-1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bull8042
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by bull8042 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:10 pm

[quote="purenitro";p="780046"][quote="bull8042";p="780045"] At this rate, I will retire to nothing but drinking beer and bashing R/C trucks.[/quote]

What else could one ask for :lol: ?Welcome to the forum.[/quote]

Funny thing, I asked myself that very same question right after I submitted my post.  :D

And thanks for the welcome Robin.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Savyman89
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Savyman89 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:42 am

well the name is Eric and im 21, i work at a chevrolet dealership as a tech. My first rc was a Nitro RS4 MT  8 years ago. i was in to it off and on
but now im back with a savage x and recently sold the nitro mt1 on its third engine a t3.0. My savage has been broken 4 of the 6 weeks i have owned itjavascript:emoticon(':('), mostly due to the lhs losing the paper saying what was wrong with it and hpi warranty dept.. not recording it or shipping the parts for repair. but i look forward to bashing and racing it since all i got to do was break-in per the manual, before the motor broke.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

NOVAMEGA
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by NOVAMEGA » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:33 am

I'm a 30 year old nurse by hobby and I work as a pro savage basher ..... Well thats what my girl friend thinks .... :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

woodwore
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by woodwore » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:42 am

In the last month and a half, I have got myself in for $3,235.59 plus all the shipping costs not tracked..... ?[/quote]

Ive been it it 6 years now and if all I spent was double yours my wife would be a very happy person I would not want to see the bottom line I know it would be way up there but it has been way fun at times and way flustering at others

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

hosko
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by hosko » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:44 am

I'm 28 and a Television Director from Sydney, Australia. I work for Fox Sports and Speed Channel here. My accountant didn't go along with me when I tried to claim my RC kit as work related research for tax.

My first RC, well apart from the Kmart crap, was a Tamiya TGX Subaru Imprezza bought back in 2001. I've actually just brushed it off and getting it back up and running. I currently also own a Xray T3 and a Savage X 4.6 I'm in the middle of major works. I'm lengthing it with IRC TVPs, mid tank mod, LST shocks, XL extended axels, bearings for steering, short course lid, Badlands on 1/2 rulux and an ERCM pipe. I thinks thats all I'm doing to it but I might get the urge to do more lol. Always open to ideas lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

norazi-j
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by norazi-j » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm Jeremy. 24 going on 25 in a month. I'm a QA tech at a private technology company called Eagleview. Been into r/c casually most of my childhood but haven't been serious about the hobby until now.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nitromelody01
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Nitromelody01 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:05 am

G'day, names Simon and live at beautiful Lake Maquarie NSW Australia....Mates call me Si...I'm a Marine engineering lecturer at a technical institution. I  teach mainly electrical/electronic orientated classes as I am a marine electrician..I'm 39yo...I have only started teaching recenty and was working in the Offshore oil and gas industry...Anyway I have really got a lot of great info and read away for many hours so I thought I would join in..I love my savage X and am awaiting delivery of a new XX..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

nitronly
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by nitronly » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:51 am

Donovan Holroyd from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I'm a foreman for Pristine Roofing and Siding.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

nitronly
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by nitronly » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:52 am

and i'm 25

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

hud4love
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by hud4love » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:06 am

My name is Hud, and I'm 27.
Ive been an operator at a Chemical Plant for 5 years now.
I've been into rc's for 7yrs

Savage X w/4.6
Savage Flux HP

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

toysoldier
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by toysoldier » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:10 am

Welcome to all the new guys. Glad to see the community is still growing

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

janetandsteveo
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by janetandsteveo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:35 am

Freshly 27. Sheetmetal worker in Kansas City.  

Very worried I might end up living in my Savage XL box by the time i'm done building it out.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

teknik812
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by teknik812 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Never posted here, so thought I should catch up.

Nick - just turned 32. Computer Technician/programmer/trainer for restaurant and retail point of sale systems.

I spend most of my day at the computer and my company is small (no internet restrictions  :twisted:). Needless to say, I spend a lot of time trolling S-C forums...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Legacy23
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Legacy23 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Thought I posted here already but I guess I didn't. Kevin here I'm in IT turned 26 in December and my company is small too with no internet restrictions either so I'm in the same boat you Nick. Perusing S-C for a good part of my day. Lol
[url=https://plus.google.com/u/0/103368456059991935131/posts]Google+[/url]

[url=http://hpisavageblog.wordpress.com]Savage Blog[/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

filthy
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by filthy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:07 pm

39 year old r/c virgin lol , yard hand/ fitter , getting a second hand savage next week . is it a good move ??

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

majorxlr8n
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by majorxlr8n » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Greetings from NJ! 49 years old, currently performing hardware site support (Systems engineer) for a large telecom company, just celebrated 30 years with them. Have been drag racing since 1981 but just recently sold my car after 28 years of ownership. Needed something to fill the void so I grabbed a Savage 4.6...

Quick story - dad wanted a P-38 twin engine r/c plane so we built one back in the 70's. neither of us had ever flown ANY r/c. we spent MONTHS building it - looked sweet! finally got it all set up, trimmed, synced/tuned & adjusted. first time out it flew about 10 seconds total - & turned it into fireplace kindling. stint with planes OVER...
Marty
Savage X 4.6, slowly in the process of destruction!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Poorboymz3
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Poorboymz3 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi all, I'm Frank From Allentown Pa and I'm a Sav'aholic! I spend many a night out in the freezing garage just find random things to fix or maintain on my savage even though its pretty much still brand new. I need help...  Oh, and I'm also a 28 year old Forklift operator!
[img]http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww267/poorboymz3/sig.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links