how old are you, and what do you do for a living?

New members can take a few moments introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.

Moderator: Moderators

woodwore
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Re: how old are you, and what do you do for a living?

Post by woodwore » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:19 pm

43 and a general contractor 6 savage trucks and counting 1 x 25 3  4.6 and 2 xls cant think of much else that is as fun just as much fun working on them as driving or thrashing what ever u what to call it [ drive them like you stoled it my moto ]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Napy
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Napy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:46 pm

20 years old turning 21 soon, and I am a college student majoring in Air Traffic Management. I got a HPI Savage 25 that is currently getting rebuilt with a Picco P3 .28, new clutch, custom body it workin lights, and more than likely a 3 speed transmission.  :)
Napy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Reaper09
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Reaper09 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:55 pm

hi , im John im 19 and im a electrical engineering student at forth valley college in Scotland, I have been doing this for about 3 years now.  I started off by doing joinery work to get money to buy my first R/C ,had been looking at the savage 25 when i was a kid , then when i got the money the f4.6 X had came to my lhs, thats when i got her :D , after that my mate and I went halfers on 2 R/c's on ebay and thats when i got the HB lightning2 rr 3.5,, she was a brilliant runner and when my 4.6 decided it diddent want to play anymore :cry:  i swaped it for the 3.5 which ran flawless all last summer untill the piston splinterd and done her in on november :evil: , now i hav the Force 5.2 to try.. i also have a very modified wheely king crawler thats a year old 8O . I have been a member of the forum for quite a while  now but never really posted.  :?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jmfknpizzle
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by jmfknpizzle » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Im jerome 24 yrs old  I run heavy machinery for alcoa metal plant.I have had 40 different rc trucks none can compare to the 6 savages I have owned. My current two are a 4.6 x being torn down lrp 28 will be here next wk and a savage flux.when I am not racing or bashing rc I like to ride my kawasaki streetbike and work on my lowrider.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

XtremeHobbies
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by XtremeHobbies » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:00 pm

hi im fionn
21yr old
Irish
working in college to finish robotic engineering,
Own a small hobby shop,
and have far too many rc cars and other hobbies
Really out hand with reptile's, martial arts instructor,fencing, gymnastics, musician, computer tec, slight gaming nerd, and somehow make time for my girldfriend(she'll kill me for putting her as a hobby :lol:)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

NitroGT-1savage25
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by NitroGT-1savage25 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:57 pm

well cant remember if i posted or not...

been here quite a while now... im now 22 years old, the name is martin. nothing for work right now been looking for one though.. im hoping in a couple months i can get some government funding to learn how to run heavy equipment, get my class 3 with air brakes and run a dump truck.. then eventually get my class 1 and maybe drive a truck. we'll see..  my dad and i both race lawnmowers both are fully custom built, i have 2 (got a 12hp OHV in a ford and a 16hp 656cc twin cylinder jammed into a John Deere 111) and my dad has 2 (1974 lawnflite 12hp and an 18hp single cylinder shoehorned into an old viking)... been lucky enough not to break a limb yet (keyword here is yet, im sure it will happen eventually).... other hobbies include golfing, riding quads (10+ years now), building plastic static models, as soon as the funds allow im going to get into scaler rc's as well.

unfortunately im living with my parents right now but as soon as i get a job (been looking desperately, tired of not having any money :cry: ) i want to get my own place with enough space to sell firewood.. i drive a 1993 ford ranger 4.0L 5 speed that needs some loving... and i wouldnt mind getting a half ton ford.. already have one in mind just have to convince the owner which i know personally haha) ummm  what else... heading to disneyland the first 2 weeks in may... ya i think thats about it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MrMUC
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by MrMUC » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:23 am

I'm 34, Got lucky and a kid want to trade me his SavX 4.1 for my racing go-ped w/custom paint job,....So i did best thing every!!!
I work as a Production Manager for an Event Managment company Deco Productions
Started there 12 years ago as a production/prop artist, were i learned how to airbrush, I'm on my 5th tour w/them since i would leave and come
back as its a seasonal business, got some college inbetween those tours plus alot of freelance work as an airbrush artist for a motorcycle shop,
audio/video tech for a film company and a studio company, prop master/airbrush artist for the same film produciton, and as for the futre????
Whos knows but i love R/C'ing and i wish i never stop when i was young but college wasnt cheap!!!!!
[img]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac261/SYAWEDIS/SAVAGE/MUC-SIG02-02.png[/img]
I LOVE THE SMELL OF NITRO IN THE AIR!!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnus213
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by magnus213 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:32 pm

I'm 20 years old, currently going after my bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering at MIT. Also looking to minor in Philosophy if I can make it work with my schedule.
---------------------------
Savage X SS, Super Nitro RS4, RS4 3 Evo, Micro RS4

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

l3grave
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by l3grave » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:23 pm

Hey, names Brian. I'm 24 and have been workin for my old man along w. my older bro at Queen City Auto Body for almost 6yrs. On top of the regular crash jobs we have a contract w the USPS and repair/paint usually 2 a day.

Did some homework b4 buying my 1st savage about 4yrs ago. Almost went with the T-maxx.. Thank god I looked around 1st! When I'm not workin or bashin I... ride my baby! 06 Buell XB12R, play xbox (l3Gl2AV360) or ps3 (l3grave) ADD ME!, go fishing, mtn biking, ect
[img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/l3Grave/Savage%20XL/25vsXL-1-1.jpg[/img]
...Tryin 2 break my Savage since 06

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

purple_man
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by purple_man » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 pm

hi there i am 26 work for my self scrappin cars i have been into rc nitro for around 3/4 years

this is my first savage though an all i wana do is make it all purple so if any one can help with old parts that i can buy would be great

i live in liverpool uk an theres not many people that i know off into rcs anymore witch is a shame would be nice to find some people to go out bashin with

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ceejay
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by ceejay » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Hey guys!!  It's been a while since I've posted anything here, but I read the forum all the time.  My name is Jason, I'm 33 and I work as an insurance adjuster.  I mostly handle auto claims.  I got into R/C because my parents wouldn't buy the cool R/C cars for me when I was little, now I can afford to buy them for myself.  I decided to get into R/C 5-6 years ago and after exhaustive research on the trucks available, decided on the Savage.  This forum pretty much made up my mind, everyone was so cool and knew so much about the Savage, I wanted to be like you guys.  :)   Here it is no 2010 and I have two sweet Savages and a pretty cool Mammoth ST.  I love the hobby and wish there were more people buying/supporting the Savage, I think they are by far the best truck to build and beat silly.  Keep it up!!!
If you do not stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

NITROMITE
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by NITROMITE » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:08 pm

32 years young and i am a salesman for a bearing manufacture
[img]http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/VNCBEARING/Avatars/Animation1-3.gif[/img]
[b][color=red]GREAT BASH VID[/color][/b]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9GiFXrOKiA
[size=150][b]UN FLUXING BELIEVABLE [/b][/size]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Wheelin_Rev
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Wheelin_Rev » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm 53 and medically retired. I have had a Savage XL K5.9 Big Block for about 6 months now. Thouroghly enjoy reading the forum posts. Dave
Using a wheelchair since 2005 and can no longer drive.
[b]My D.I.S.ABILITY is a Do It Sitting ABILITY ! ! ![/b]
This hobby gives me the ability to wrench again on a 4x4 vehicle.

Stock Savage XL K5.9 Big Block looking to be modified....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MotorBreathLT1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by MotorBreathLT1 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm Jon, 22 and I work for my uncle as a commercial poultry farmer -_-

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Spudbum
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Spudbum » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:08 pm

I'm Dom, 16. Own a disco company and work in a car interiors shop doing leather interiors and car hoods

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

badboy
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by badboy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:29 pm

I am 41 and am sub contractor / contractor in the construction industry.  I have been in this hobby for about four months and cant learn things fast enough.  
Savage X 4.6
Rob

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MiaSavage
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by MiaSavage » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am a 22 year old IT/Telecommunications Consultant out of the South Florida area. I have been with my Savage 25 for 3 years now. Came onto the scene out of the blue when my pops dropped off a new HPI RS4 on my lap. Needless to say after that point there was no looking back.

I have since then purchased a Schumacher Menace 21  and started doing various upgrades to the Savage. It is a slow process as I am meticulous with my decisions.

Savage-Central has really showed me how custom you can really take the Savage and I have learned a lot of information on here as well.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ozzynichols
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by ozzynichols » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm 29 years old, was in the Navy from 18-24, went to Installer Institute because I'm just as much of a car audio geek as I am an R/C geek. I installed for Circuit City while watching the idiots up at corporate drive that place into the ground. Now I'm installing at a small shop and working on My mechanical engineering degree at University of Maine. My first R/C was a Tamiya Super Blackfoot when I was 12, been obsessed ever since.
HPI Savage Flux HP Basher
HPI Wheely King Brushless Basher
Traxxas E-Revo Brushless edition Edition Basher
Traxxas Slash Racer

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageOwnsAll
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by SavageOwnsAll » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:55 am

I'm 17 Years old and I'm Graduating from School in August. Then im off to college next year. I currently am depending on the parents lol.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Twistedsavage
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Twistedsavage » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:04 am

I'm 27 names Justin. I currently enrolled at UTI and start my diesel mech training on june 1st.
l
The Twistedsavage will ride again

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links