how old are you, and what do you do for a living?

New members can take a few moments introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.

Moderator: Moderators

luckytii7
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Re: how old are you, and what do you do for a living?

Post by luckytii7 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Im 26 and work for a pipeline survey company. Finished the last job in grand rapids mn in march and waiting for the next one to kick off in MT yippee.

I got into nitro RCs about a year and a half ago when I got bored with my PS3 and traded it for my savage. best and worst thing i did lol
[url=http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=758275#758275]Bulletproof Savage X build[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/luckytii7]My bash videos[/url]

Jato 2.5 - Full RPM, Moabs *FOR SALE*
Rustlers XL5s

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dodgedude
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by dodgedude » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:53 pm

I'm 23 and work in the oild field for a gas well service company in Grande Prairie A.B. Specifically WireLine for all you oil guys out there.

I bought a 1/10 HSP Buggy last december. Its a POS but is decent now that I know what I'm doing with it. Bought my first savage in January and my second one last week.
[img]http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/Dodgedude780/avatar-1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.savage-central.com/Evo-Forums_-_file_-_viewtopic_-_t_-_93901_-_start_-_0.html]Big Blue[/url]......Soon.....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tsparks
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Tsparks » Mon May 10, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm Matt, I am a industrial electrician at a automotive plant here in Canada. I am 31 and graduated college in 99 as a electrical engineering technician. I am relatively new to the hobby and am lovin it. Love Nitro all the way. fix enough electrical stuff at work

Savage X SS 4.6/DX3R spektrum, HSP Behemoth, Exceed RC Hammer.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Shredder
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Shredder » Mon May 17, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm 51 and I teach high school students Engineering Drawings & Architectural Design

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cdziak
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by cdziak » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:14 pm

I'm Craig & 35.  I'm the facility manager for a Cleveland Reprographer.  I've been a R/C hobbyist since the early 90's.  I have (3) electric trucks, a Nitro RS4 2, and a 1 week old Savage X.  I bought my Nitro RS4 used from a friend back in 2004.  Fun car, but wanted off-road fun.  Finally plunked the cash down on the Savage.  I'm glad I waited as long as I did with what I bought but still should have done this sooner.

Slightly modded old school, original Tamiya Blackfoot
Stock Kyosho USA-1
Tamiya Stadium truck (TA-02 chassis) - ESC, Trinity Saphire motor
HPI RS4 2 (belt drive), HPI 'tuned' pipe, HPI electronics from Savage, (2) Skyline bodies, Lincoln LS body

Savage X 4.6 RTR.  HPI electronics swapped for Futaba 2PEKA, Venom 1600 hump pack, Integy Evo4 Willy bar, Integy fuel tank guard.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CrumsRacing
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by CrumsRacing » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi Guys,
   I'm Donovan from Florida. I am a plant supervisor at a gun powder plant. I am currently building a Savage X SS. I have big bore shocks on the way, Axial 32 spec 1 being modded. Spectrum DX3, Hitec 645 servos, 1600 mah hump pack, and misc extras. I will start when all the parts are here. I have an old hpi hellfire and still love it. I seen the world finals for monster trucks at Diggers Dungeon and wanted to build one for next year. I hope to get some ideas to make the Savage a real racer.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Vegas-Bash
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Vegas-Bash » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi I'm Tyler i am 15yrs. old. i have a savage 25 with loads of hop-ups and i live in Las Vegas.

8in. tires, picco p3-27 engine, aftermarket shocks, three speed tranny, spectrum DX2. I also have a losi MF2/CRT and i race and bash both. Track is silverbowl park

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

VasPoly
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by VasPoly » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:28 am

Hi all i am Bill (Vasilis in Greek) yes i am from Greece i am 27 and i am logistics manager.I have a Savage for the last 5 years and i don't stop upgrading it with the last mid tank mod i belive that i am done with it and time to move on to another project which is a Truckzilla twin which will be a beast soon enough!Nice to meet you all!!!!!!!
[size=150][color=maroon][align=center][u][b]If it jams force it....
If it breaks it needed replacing anyway!
Keep Bashing!!!!![/b][/u][/align]
[/color][/size]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Caretaker
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Caretaker » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi, my name is Jim from The Netherlands.
I am married and have a daughter who is 4 years old and a 1 year old son.
I am 35 and am driving rc cars for 7 years.
This is my not my first savage, there have been around 17 different vehicles inbetween and the new bulletproof diffs made me go savage again. The cen diff mod was too expensive for me 6 years ago and just got rid of the savage.
At the moment i am looking for a new job to challengen me more, i have been a florist for 20 years now and just want to do something else. Mechanic, or something like that.
Wanted to make my hobby into my job but that is not possible here because there are too many shops already..
Last edited by Caretaker on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\m/ (-_-) \m/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Norwood
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Norwood » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi all,
I'm Tom - 51 - living in Norwood, NC  USA.
I've been toying around with nitro RC vehicles about 11 or 12 years now.
I've had a Savage since (I think) 2003 - when they first came out.
I know that I had the first one that came through my lhs in Charlotte NC and still have it too - although there aren't too many original parts left...

I'm more of a basher than anything and that's what I love about the Savage - it takes a trashing and keeps on bashing. I own several Savages in various states of enlightenment and enjoy wrenching on em almost as much as driving them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TunaBait
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by TunaBait » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:41 am

Hey all I'm 40 but turning 39 next year 8) .
I have been a Sealife artist for 20+ years. If you click on the pic below you can see a slideshow of some of the carvings I have done over the years.
[img]http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq217/seabait/iuyjhngfvhggf.png[/img]
Tuna Bait

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

grumpygramps
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by grumpygramps » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:40 am

Hi folks..

I'm Lawrence, 34, live in Cambridge UK and work in Social Care as a Support Worker with people who got learning disabilities, mental health problems and allsorts of complex needs.

I've been fascinated by mechanics and physics since I was a little kid, and outside my job (which is purely working with people) this hobby gives me a great chance to exercise the geeky bit of me!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rcaircraftnut
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by rcaircraftnut » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:41 pm

Jeramie, from Portland Or. Was a Marine Electrician, but got outa that after seeing my best friend killed by a kid violating a tag out/lock out. Been driving 18 wheelers ever since. At least on the road I can usually see it coming, :twisted: Been into R/C for over 20 years. Cars planes boats even did scale combat boats with co2 bb gunns on em. WAY COOL! Just SUPER $$$$$$$$.
I'm not a Superstar. I cant even drive like one.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

joker777
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by joker777 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Duno how i managed to miss this  :?

36, married with 1 son and 2 step daughters, i work as an electrical maintenance engineer currently at TaTa steel repairing OHC cranes.
Raced electric years ago now just bash, nitro or electric
[url=http://ImageEvent.com/joker777/savagercstuff][img]http://photos.imageevent.com/joker777/stuff/joker%20sig.jpg[/img][/url]
[b][color=blue] To see my RC toys please click on my banner[/color][/b]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kentishboy_03
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by kentishboy_03 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:49 am

Hi people, I'm twenty one,  Newbie to savages along with my brother and friend.  I am fully qualified at city and guilds level 3 welding and fabrication which pretty much means I am recognized worldwide.  Formally a coachbuilder, conversion, and restore on old and modern busses/coached,  doinng things from band touring busses, to putting a bathroom tile show bus into an old London Routemasters, easier to look, www.southeastcoachworks.com.  

But after a recent dedundancy being thrown on me, I am now a hop farmer, of Kentish hops, and working for the largest UK hop grower.  Our hops go as far as the Boston Brewing Company, I apologise if slightly incorrect name.  

My savings pretty much get spent on this Hobby, after buying two Savages within 1 month.  And my days are spent driving through the Kent Countryside watching sweeping views of fields, woodland, and wildlife!  

Other hobbies are real cars, and odd random fads that I go Through.

Hope didn't bore ya!

Ben :D
[color=blue][b]Bash Bash Bash, till I Smash!![/b][/color]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

GSGA
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire
Location: Either in a field or my workshop fixing something I've just broken - in a field...

Post by GSGA » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:26 am

Don't think i've ever posted on here so it's about time i did really.

My names Rik and i manage a team of commercial laundry engineers in the south of England.

Been managing them for 4 years, prior to that i was Technical supervisor/troubleshooter and have been in this business for 20 years.

Don't get on the tools much nowadays which is probably one reason why i like savages so much. Once the dirt's under your finger nails work wise it's pretty hard to get it out and savages give me spanner time.  8)
[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee284/Banzai_22/GSGA-SIGGIF02-01b.gif[/img]
[url=http://goo.gl/NMk1h]K4.6 SHO[/url]
[url=http://goo.gl/9jHqt]Flux Triple X[/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

khsderek
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by khsderek » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:25 pm

My name is Derek I'm 41 and a kid at heart .I am a meachanic in a salt mine ,I fix bicycles as a hobby as well as play with my E savy .I live in Ontario Canada.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

coveredinink
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by coveredinink » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:51 pm

hey all,
31 yrs old been a tattoo artist for the last 10 years, build my own tattoo machines, just started practicing airbrushing so may have a go at a body shell soon ;)
been into r/c nitro for about a month now and have already done a fair bit to my stock savage 25

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xucco_x8
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by xucco_x8 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:02 pm

im 38, art director for a couple international magazines titles...thinkin of tryin to get into an rc car magazine design department...we'll see!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Liv4RC
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Liv4RC » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Hey all, names Robert, 37, and I'm some sorta Mechanical Engineer or so the paper on my wall says  :D
Been into RC cars close to 30 years.
Savage - Custom w/ Castle 1717 motor
Custom XTM Mammoth Brushless
MonsterGT Brushless
Losi 8ight-T Brushless
Slash
RS4
Axial AX10
(Savage = Me - $$$$$$$$$)
[img]http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j323/Liv2fish2/Image2-1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode: