how old are you, and what do you do for a living?

New members can take a few moments introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.

Moderator: Moderators

smegs909
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Re: how old are you, and what do you do for a living?

Post by smegs909 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi my name is Lawrence and im 44 years old. An

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

crazymaxx
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by crazymaxx » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Me 36 years old .use to live in montreal but now since 3 month i live in a deep country place lollIm working for Motion industries Canada>For now im in 10 years in r/c started with plane but was to much travel to get a field..after change for heli for 2 years but not chalenging enought for me...Now since 5 years im in Truck .. :twisted: ..Started with 2 t-maxx,Savage .25, Hardcore racing/Unlimited engeneering T-Maxx,Cen matrix Tr Arena,Hotbodies Lsp pro.Got an rusty for my son ..how forgot to mention i got also an copie of HPI Rs4 (Victory Hawk VH-A6) never ran lolll

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bigfattyj
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by bigfattyj » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 am

Hello all, 36, living in Ontario Canada, work as a supervisor at the local pot factory for past ten years. Just got into RC this year and decided to jump straight into nitro LOL!! Got myself a deal on a new savvy xl and it's been nothin but ebay, upgrades and bashing!! Love this forum everyone is real nice and very helpful! :D
Savvy XL K5.9, FLM TVP, Big bores, ofna mid-tank

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TopGunn
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by TopGunn » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Names Richard 23 years old and Im an asphalt paver operator. Started off with an Emaxx when I was probably 12 and have had 8 rc's over the years. Im also very large into fishing, much more expensive than the rc hobby lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

FordSVTThunder
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by FordSVTThunder » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Hey guys. I'm 37 and just bought my 1st rc in 20 years. My 1st nitro ever. I'm a former professional bass angler. Due to bad knees(bone disease/13 operations) I had to stop doing it for a living. I now custom airbrush fishing lures and other items. I was lucky enough to be featured on national tv a couple of years ago, so that has given me a stable career. My truck will arrive on the 5th and I'm excited to get back into the rc world!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Theoneuafter
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Theoneuafter » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:59 pm

Hey all, My name is Jeff, I'm 37 years old I was an auto mechanic for 11 yrs. I got Hit by a drunk driver and got pretty banged up, that ended my tech career.
I am now a Commercial Sales Manager. The economy is making my job very stressful and tough because the sales arent there so I find my stress relief in my newly accuired Savage X 4.6!

Just getting back into RC's after quite a few years. Love taking my Savage apart as much as I enjoy bashing it! It still lets me work with my hands still and thats what I like to do!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gsflux2350-2200
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Gsflux2350-2200 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:56 am

I'll be 35 in a few weeks, I just started this hobby a Year ago in June (11')   I'm a mini boss at a microchip company (name classified)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

odenthall1
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by odenthall1 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:18 am

Hello all I am Robert 35 and I am in Airport Operations... Been into R/C for a long time and recently got back into it. revived my old savage ss with a dynamite mach 26. plans for the savage is possibly the flux conversion.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

packofqtips
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by packofqtips » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:04 pm

i'm 30 and a diesel tech,  had a t-maxx like 10 years ago and now that i got back into it, i have a t-maxx, savage, and a cen racing genesis.  all bought used and dirt cheap and now run great

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

heroicstriker
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by heroicstriker » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:47 am

I'm 33 and currently in the military but will be retiring here soon. I've been in the hobby for over 15 yrs starting with my first truck which was a tamiya blackfoot. I ended up trading it for an Hpi RS4 then my hobby just grew from there.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

00savage
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by 00savage » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:48 pm

:?:
Last edited by 00savage on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

WyldOne
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by WyldOne » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:23 am

I'm 20, work as diamond driller in the mineral resources industry.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

macguyver
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by macguyver » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:00 pm

im 23 and im a field supervisor for hazardous gas detection on drilling rigs. ive been into it for a while, but just bought my first nitro car about a month ago

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

EbbTide
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by EbbTide » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Hey all. I am 21 going on 22 come the 19th of this month, and I am currently working as a Receptionist at a major law firm in the Silicon Valley. Hoping to get back to my IT background but hey, can't beat the job security I have at the moment.

I've been a long time RC lover. My first car was a Tamiya Terra Crusher and it was a pretty *censored*$$ truck considering at the time it was larger than both the Savage and the T-Maxx. Then I picked up a Nitro Rush Evo from HPI probably four years after my Terra Crusher let out its last hurrah. But that car was a pain to get started, I went through two motors from HPI and I quit working on it, gave it to my friend and he traded it for an airsoft gun. Now, another four years later, I have returned to the scene with a Savage X 4.6 with some pending mods. One of which just came in to the hobby shop today (HPI Tuned pipe).

I am pretty confident that I won't relive the same terrors that I did with the Evo because now I have a lot more patience to read through manuals and especially the plethora of information I've gathered here. Also, I have known the Savage to be a pretty tough competitor over the years in the basher scene so it gives me a nice confidence boost lol.
My MT: Savage X 4.6 AKA The Gamble
Upgrades:
-HPI Tuned aluminum pipe
-AKA Racing Truggy Wheels/tires

My SC: HPI Blitz AKA The Safe Bet
Upgrades:
-VXL Brushless system
-HPI Aluminum Steering Rack
-MKS DS1210 servo

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ryan222
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Ryan222 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:18 pm

Hello, I'm 30 and im a certified outboard mechanic... " boat motors"

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

nitronewbiex46
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by nitronewbiex46 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:28 pm

havent really introduced myself.

im mike. 15 Yearsold.  From New York . i do what i can forr cash and work at a farm sometimes.I sell on ebay alot!
-mike

[color=orange]Savage x 4.6[/color]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MShark
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by MShark » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:27 pm

I'm 39 yrs old. Just took on the hobby after accidentally watching some youtube vids. I used to autocross an E36 M3 and later on an E46 M3. Got married, bought a house, had kids, and autocross was too expensive to maintain so had to sell track car.

I am an ICU/ER nurse and used to work as an EMT. Needed an outlet to release adrenaline (saving lives has it's limits! hehehe!) So I took on bashing as an alternative to autocross.
Looking for well modded truggy/buggy, PM me! Also maybe Savage X/XL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Burt111
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Burt111 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:06 am

[quote="tbill";p="9828"]hi all. been wandering around here, and i really like it! lot of good info, and good 'traffic', things don't seem to wither on the vine as it were.

i just thought it'd be interesting to see what the avg age of savage users was, and what we all do for a living.

i am an ASE master certified auto tech. i work for a mid sized chevy dealer, and my life pretty much revolves around mechanical 'toys' [I.E. full size 'toy' cars, and as of late, R/C cars]. i am 33 and have just begun to get involved in R/C cars in the past couple of months, but i'm hooked!! and they are a heck of a lot cheaper parts wise than full size cars  , but can be just as frustrating at times.

what do you do?[/quote] Hi im Burt,im a butcher ive worked since i was 13yr old,my first rc was a cen matrix i still have it, Where i live in Northren Ireland there arnt many rc fans,The savage bug has got me,Ilove them ,thou im having problems with engine atm, Im 45yrs old and no matter what i will always tell people these Nitro RCs are not for kids, some people still call me a big baby,i realy dont care i mean it would be stupid to hand a savage to a kid,love the forum keep well Burt.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

scottybob
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by scottybob » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:59 am

24 I do hard chrome plating

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

FULLPOWA
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by FULLPOWA » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi, just 35 and I run a truck and buses reapair shop here in Argentina.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links