2 esc's down more to go! curious for input

This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding the HPI Savage Flux HP Brushless Electric Vehicle.

Moderator: Moderators

provoker
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

2 esc's down more to go! curious for input

Post by provoker » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Recently decided to try electric because well i like the hobby lol. so bought 2 flux hp's one for me one for my gf. esc in both of them have gone poof. in mine i was doing low speed passes and just cruising in circles really (was at the drive-in and was wasting time) all of a sudden it just went up in flames... i checked it and the posative red wire came completely out of the esc. temps were good all night  if i remember correctly around 130f motor 120f esc 92f batteries.

well today gf was driving her car she finally got some guts to do high speed passes and just was kind of running it up and down the field i took the temps 3-4x they were consistant at 90batteries 138Motor 110esc. ran 2 sets of batteries through it let the car sit for 35 minutes while we talked and stuff. put in the 3rd set and 10 minutes into the run sparks and flame/smoke. the negative (black wire) is gone. like legitly gone it doesnt exist anymore lol...

im running turnigy nanotech 65c 5000mah batteries with castle creations 6.5mm bullets i even put a cap pack on them. currently frustrated. the car isn't binding or anything its free rolling. i have castle link car's tuned to run on the lowest timing to stay cool. 20% punch control on one car 0 on the other. uh.. 3.4v lipo cutoff  50% brake...

trying to supply as much info as i can lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LLkoolskillet
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LLkoolskillet » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Ditch the new ESC and get the MMM after you get yours warrantied
[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/LLkoolskillet2/skillet1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JUSTINJAMES
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by JUSTINJAMES » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Yeah or try hobbywing 150amp that's what I run. I went through 3 blur esc's same kind of problems. And My brother went through 2. Even though You can get free replacement I got tired of it. Now Me & My brother both have 150a hobby wing's and the trucks run great and the 2 brand new blurs found a nice spot on the shelf lol. Or try the castle like Skillet said that dude definitely knows His stuff. Figured I would just chime in so You would think about a different esc it gets very aggravating dealing with the blurs. Have a great day everyone!

SAVAGE LIFE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

provoker
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by provoker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:07 pm

yeah im like 99.9% sure the blur i get back is going up for sale right away they've already left a pretty nasty taste in my mouth

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JUSTINJAMES
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by JUSTINJAMES » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:16 pm

Yeah the *censored* part is the blur esc and Tork motor work great when it works but the blur just shorts out & breaks to easy. My brother got a blue hobbywing 150a for 99 bucks, cheaper than the blur and his truck runs great. I got the 5th scale 150a hobbywing it's huge but it seems to do the trick.  I just beat the snot out of My Savage today and she ran great! This weekend I'm going to order the alza cd setup I think I've been waiting to get My truck dialed in b4 I do it. Took a while but I built mine from a roller so. Check out the hobbywing esc there 99 bucks and seem to work great so far.

SAVAGE LIFE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

LLkoolskillet
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by LLkoolskillet » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:13 pm

If i had to do this all over again from the beginning I would buy the XL2, $150 with data logging and capable of 8s its a no brainer. Its as large as the HW 150a pro but its a 200a esc. IMO I would go this route
[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/LLkoolskillet2/skillet1.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

provoker
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by provoker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:57 pm

if i can pickup 2 for 150 each i might. so long as castle's decent with warranting stuff which i've heard they are. the blur is just a big ol' paperweight that is hazardous and catches on fire lol..

although since mine just got replaced and i soldered cap pack on it and bullet connectors i guess i should just wait till that fries and sell the next new one lol..... maybe drop to an 18th pinion since i mostly just like to do jumps cant get the *censored* car above 1/2-3/4's throttle on stock tires anyways lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JUSTINJAMES
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by JUSTINJAMES » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Yeah after I get the CD dialed in and get use to it I would like to finish the truck off with the MM 1717 and the XL2 but that's still a little while away. I have to see how I like the CD setup. Yeah if I would of known the XL2 was a 200a I would of probably went that route also. You can't go wrong with Castle I think. Hey Skillet when You get a chance I sent you a pm just asking some ?'s about the CD. Have a great day everyone.

SAVAGE LIFE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links